Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

RC
Aug 18, 2019

I loved this course. It covered all the topics I was interested in and was thoroughly engaging and well-organised. Professor Plous is a great teacher and has designed a wonderful course in this MOOC.

1126 - 1150 of 1,389 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Jill S

Jun 17, 2020

Was a fun and exciting course!

By Bhargav S R

Great work by professor Scott!

By Johanna C

Very enjoyable and worthwhile!

By Margherita P

Dec 23, 2018

I enroll this course EVERYTIME

By Soroush N

Oct 23, 2020

Awesome teacher and materials

By Andrés R M

Oct 16, 2020

Crazy good course! well done.

By Brittany O

Jul 30, 2020

Excellent informative course!

By Saji G

The best course ever learned.

By Scott G

Great course! Very inspiring!

By Coralie S

May 9, 2020

Very interesting! I loved it.

By Yuliya B

Apr 2, 2019

Loved it!! Thank you so much.

By MATHAN K M

Feb 6, 2019

Assignments were interesting!

By Lily K

Aug 22, 2020

I loved everything about it!

By Kurunayakage V S

Aug 3, 2020

what a Wonderful Course...:)

By Gandi M p

Jul 21, 2020

The best course I ever took.

By Sabrina W

Jul 15, 2020

I really enjoyed this course

By Vaidehi G

Jul 8, 2020

It was an amazing experience

By ARPAN S

Nov 2, 2020

Really happy and satisfied

By Gabriel P M

Jul 15, 2020

The professor is excellent.

By Umang S

Jul 4, 2020

One of the best course ever