Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

RC
Aug 18, 2019

I loved this course. It covered all the topics I was interested in and was thoroughly engaging and well-organised. Professor Plous is a great teacher and has designed a wonderful course in this MOOC.

1551 - 1575 of 1,585 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Ярославна К

Apr 17, 2021

Конечный тест был с ошибками

By Theresa E

Jun 17, 2020

Confusing

By Laurie P

Mar 29, 2021

Boring.

By Alicia B

Apr 19, 2021

The professor spent so much time talking about topics not directly related to the subject, advertising about his & his affiliate's projects. I paid my money to learn Social Psychology, NOT what he offers extra. I feel like I wasted my time and money viewing all those videos full of non-related information. Coursera's lectures are usually shorter than the real in-person lectures at the university, so the lectures need to contain academic information more densely. Why using the precious time to talk about such non-academic, advertising matter? That is why I stopped watching in the middle of the course.

By Laurie L

Mar 10, 2021

I have been unable to reach the Coursera team. I wish to be removed from this course. I have had numerous issues submitting assignments and have lost interest in completing the course. You can see by my other successfully completed Coursera courses, I work diligently to fulfill education commitments I have made. No refunded is needed as the course was offered through the Minnesota Unemployment Program during the pandemic.

By PAOLA Y M G

Mar 6, 2021

The curse is very cool but is horrible send homeworks and wait califications to them. So, I don´t think to finish. Also is almost necessary obligatory be member in other pag, i don´t remember name, but i don´t like it

Oct 11, 2020

The course is actually amazing. But I've realized it's not for me, but I am unable to unenroll in the course which is why I am giving the course one star.

By Karina C

Jul 6, 2020

I abandoned the course because I found the first task extremely complex and useless for my learning (I am not interested in research methodology).

By Donna T

Jan 26, 2021

This class, I am happy to have had the pleasure to take, but was unhappy with it, seemed like something was missing in it.

By vittorio m

Aug 29, 2020

peer review does not work for anyone. on what ground can student review something they just learned, un-enrolling

By Kankanamalage c a s

Dec 27, 2020

I have already completed full cause.but i didn't received certificate yet.i enrolled free.use less

By Pablo L M

Apr 30, 2020

Social Psychology is a field of study that has no concern for ethics. It deeply disturbes me.

By Vernon R V H

Jan 21, 2020

It is too difficult for me to submit answers to a https site I don't know how to do. I quit.

By Nilabh P

Apr 29, 2020

cant able to pass the first assignment , i think there is some problem in the software

By ANU M J

Sep 28, 2020

dissapointing because i cant attend the quiz without joining in a spn membership

By Khouchaba R

Oct 29, 2020

i don't need this course because i want to take a class of children psychology

By Julian D R

Apr 27, 2021

LOS CUESTIONARIOS SON TOTALMENTE EN INGLES, NO PUEDO REALIZARLOS

By Harshita P

Apr 25, 2020

the questions are not visible form the first assignment itself.

By DURAN A L S

Nov 23, 2020

me resulto complicado ya que los cuestionarios estan en Ingles

By PRATHIMA P

May 6, 2020

There is no option to unenroll this the main disadvantage

By Claudia M T L

Aug 1, 2020

Exige inscribirse en una pagina web pagando la membresía.

By Akshit A

Jul 6, 2020

Complicated assingments will end with uncompleted course.

By Briana R

Dec 13, 2020

Please remove me from this class, thank you.

By Juley M

Mar 5, 2021

I am not understanding the assignments.