Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

RC
Aug 18, 2019

I loved this course. It covered all the topics I was interested in and was thoroughly engaging and well-organised. Professor Plous is a great teacher and has designed a wonderful course in this MOOC.

1601 - 1625 of 1,644 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Nafi C

Nov 6, 2020

I just started this course and personally, I don't enjoy it. The professor seems like a genuinely kind and intelligent individual, but the class is just so boring. Like even if I took this as a genuine course at my own university for credits, this content - or maybe just how it's taught - provides little to no motivation - at least for me - to even want to pay attention. I wanted to learn how people think and why they do things that they do, but I personally cannot continue this course due to how boring it is and how little pay off I have found from it. You have an almost 30 page required reading in the first week and the videos just ended up becoming background noise for me at one point. I found zero benefits from it, very likely because I did not like how it was being taught. I would not recommend this course unless you can sit at your computer for extended periods of time listening to someone lecture about whatever happened in some study here and there.

By Marie M

Oct 18, 2020

Many, many people enrolled in this course cannot get past the Randomizer Assignment, which is the very first assignment. A glitch in the system seems to exist, and the only "help" offered is a repeated admonishment to read and re-read the instructions yet again. While the assignment and instructions may make perfect sense to those trained and experienced in creating such charts, the assignment and administrators seem not to consider that there is truth to confusion and inability of students to successfully complete this assignment, and not for lack of effort. It is indeed as confusing as the many, many students have written. Instead of chastising students for not following instructions--which many have, perhaps reconsidering this assignment would be a bigger consideration given that many well-educated students are choosing to unenroll/drop rather than continue in an exercise of frustration and futility.

By Jacquelyn C M

The week one assignment won't ask me a question to finish the assignment. I've done all four tutorials, but there is no where to answer any question and I keep getting that I didn't finish the assignment. VERY frustrating. It is not working on YOUR end.

By Lenin L

Jul 6, 2020

Didn't like it. Too much Social, very little psychology.

Platform was good tho, many external resources but the content in my opinion is someway biased into social comment.

I recommend it only if you're really into social type careers.

By Chora Y C

Apr 25, 2020

The contents of the course are absolutely terrific, but the technical support is terrible; quizzes are not visible, and it is simply not possible to participate in the requisite class activities.

By Juan C E

Aug 7, 2020

It dis not wok for me at the first assignment the links didn't work and I did not understand what I have to do. I contacted the forum and the response wasn't useful.

By Yiyang W

Nov 8, 2020

Too many links, and I cannot open them, despite I want to learn more knowledge.

By Dhairya V

Aug 4, 2020

More of an advertisement than a course.

By Siddharth R S

Exam needs to improve the results

By Yahya S

Jul 5, 2020

I don't get most of the lesson.

By Ярославна К

Apr 17, 2021

Конечный тест был с ошибками

By Theresa E

Jun 17, 2020

Confusing

By Laurie P

Mar 29, 2021

Boring.

By Laurie L

Mar 10, 2021

I have been unable to reach the Coursera team. I wish to be removed from this course. I have had numerous issues submitting assignments and have lost interest in completing the course. You can see by my other successfully completed Coursera courses, I work diligently to fulfill education commitments I have made. No refunded is needed as the course was offered through the Minnesota Unemployment Program during the pandemic.

By PAOLA Y M G

Mar 6, 2021

The curse is very cool but is horrible send homeworks and wait califications to them. So, I don´t think to finish. Also is almost necessary obligatory be member in other pag, i don´t remember name, but i don´t like it

Oct 11, 2020

The course is actually amazing. But I've realized it's not for me, but I am unable to unenroll in the course which is why I am giving the course one star.

By Karina C

Jul 6, 2020

I abandoned the course because I found the first task extremely complex and useless for my learning (I am not interested in research methodology).

By Donna T

Jan 26, 2021

This class, I am happy to have had the pleasure to take, but was unhappy with it, seemed like something was missing in it.

By Kankanamalage c a s

Dec 27, 2020

I have already completed full cause.but i didn't received certificate yet.i enrolled free.use less

By Pablo L M

Apr 30, 2020

Social Psychology is a field of study that has no concern for ethics. It deeply disturbes me.

By Vernon R V H

Jan 21, 2020

It is too difficult for me to submit answers to a https site I don't know how to do. I quit.

By Nilabh P

Apr 29, 2020

cant able to pass the first assignment , i think there is some problem in the software

By ANU M J

Sep 28, 2020

dissapointing because i cant attend the quiz without joining in a spn membership

By Khouchaba R

Oct 29, 2020

i don't need this course because i want to take a class of children psychology