Back to Introduction to solar cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to solar cells by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How do solar cells work, why do we need, and how can we measure their efficiency? These are just some of the questions Introduction to solar cells tackles. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in solar, “Introduction to Solar Cells” is an excellent starting point. The course is a tour through the fundamental disciplines including solar cell history, why we need solar energy, how solar cells produce power, and how they work. During the course we cover mono- and multi-crystalline solar cells, thin film solar cells, and new emerging technologies. The course includes hands-on exercises using virtual instruments, interviews with field experts, and a comprehensive collection of material on solar cells. At the end of the course you will have gained a fundamental understanding of the field. This will allow you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career....

AP

Dec 12, 2017

Very concise and to the point. Stable and calm teaching. Was my first foray into renewable energy and absolutely loved it. The course instructor was brilliant and had a stable command over the topic.

PM

Dec 27, 2019

This is the first coursera course I have taken and the first I have completed. It is an interesting topic and the format was great for getting an understanding of solar cell technology. good stuff.

26 - 50 of 472 Reviews for Introduction to solar cells

By Rahul T

Aug 31, 2018

This course was very useful and interesting as I learned about all the basics of solar cell technology, how it works, current market scenario, production methods of various types of cells, current research and development and the upcoming future aspects of Solar cell technology. It certainly improved my knowledge about solar energy to a large extent.

By Shrey P

Jul 10, 2020

This course great insights into the past, present and future scope of Solar Energy. The course instructor Mr.Morten V. Madsen, really made the topic easy to understand. The reading materials given at the end of each video were quite helpful and concise. I would recommend taking this course to understand the basics and other aspects of solar energy.

By Farhan I Z

Jan 25, 2020

I am thoroughly satisfied with the course.It delivered what i expected it to.It is as it's name implies, an introduction.It didn't go too deep into the technical details, but it helped me gain a solid understanding of how solar cells work and also understand the different types of solar cell technologies and what their advantages and drawbacks are.

By Eddie C

Jul 08, 2020

I enjoyed this very short introduction to photovoltaic technology. Even though I'm a physicist, this is a topic that is not often discussed in typical college courses and the instructor has made the important details available here. I also appreciated the hands-on approach with the simulated solar cells and links to additional information.

By Piyush K

Jun 01, 2020

I have learnt a lot. Helped me to understand all the concept required by a fresher in the renewable sector. Ranging from materials to spectrum analysis, generations of solar cells and even production of a solar cell. All the concepts helped me a lot. Looking forward to learning more in this field. Thank you for making this course.

By Carlo S

Jun 24, 2020

I found this course very challenging (I am not an engineer) but also very interesting. There is a good combination of videos, reading and quizzes,

What I would suggest is to cover more the economics of solar cells, to understand how the various technologies fit in the value chain of the solar business.

By Alan L

Apr 10, 2020

Superb overview of solar cell technologies. I gained a real perspective on solar cell technologies and the research that is ongoing in this area. As a graduate materials science student hoping to get into PV technology, this gave a superb overview of the topic that I am going to be delving into.

By Isaac M M

Jun 28, 2020

Great course, extremely interesting and thought provoking. I was looking for a more in-depth course about solar energy and this was an excellent choice. It covered subjects of electrical engineering that I was specifically interested and gave further resources to learn more. Congratulations!

By Bellam J B

Aug 01, 2020

This course is very much informative and easy to learn basics of solar cells. It also makes learners to think about future perspectives of solar energy. Virtual instruments clearly demonstrates effects and results to understand. Sometimes cross talks from experts are overtaking instructor.

By Mike J

May 23, 2020

Really good introductory course to a wide variety of solar cell technologies. Instructor was great and easy to listen to. Some material gets into actual application and selection of materials but mostly an overview of solar technology. I recommend for beginners in the field such as myself.

By Nicolas N

Jul 05, 2020

Excelent starting point for learning about how PV systems work and the production of solar cells. Great teaching methodology with absolutely clear videos/lessons, reading material and impresive spoken english skills of the teacher. Overall a highly recomended course. 10 points

By Ushnish D T

Sep 21, 2018

I am very glad I took up this course from Coursera. The contents and the study material of this course was pretty clear and to the point. It helped me gain a lot of knowledge through quizzes and illustrative videos. I would surely recommend this course to other people.

By Manish K

Every session of the course was bringing in new information and was exciting till the very end.

This course has made me aware about the various technologies/ processes/ advantage/ demerits of different types of Solar Cells with Video presentations & the Flow diagrams.

By Karen M

Jul 28, 2020

Este curso realmente me fascinó. La manera en la que está organizado y los vídeos adicionales contienen información sumamente interesante. Me motiva a seguir aprendiendo temas relacionados. Recomiendo al 100% ingresar a este curso, sobre todo si son principiantes.

By Blai P i V

May 14, 2020

Quite technical course, gets into details of the different available technologies and explains it all with a down to earth vocabulary. It is accessible for almost everyone, and gives a wide perspective on the existing solar PV technologies. Totally recommended!

By Marianna N

Dec 16, 2018

It is a well-structured and implemented course that give a very good introduction to the solar cells history, technology and theory. I like the diversity of the materials - video, reading, external videos - and the presentation of the topics by several experts.

By Santabrata M

Jul 21, 2020

This course provides a very good idea about the history and current solar cell technologies available. It also discusses the main challenges ahead of this technology and the future of this technology. Its a very good beginner course for solar energy field.

By Juan P R G

Feb 23, 2019

Such an amazing and interesting course, me as electrical engineering student learned a lot about what it probable could be the future ways to produce energy, I'm so pleased with this great knowledge of the solar cells and new technologies, thanks teacher!

By Labis K

Jan 05, 2018

A very good course, which really enlightened me about solar cells and general production and commercializing issues. I would love to continue on more in depth analysis though, regarding use of PVs and PV parks, their connection to the power grid and so on.

By Adel M S

Apr 24, 2020

This course really covers the fundamentals and helps you open up to the world of solar. The additional materials were also very informative. Also, the subjective questions really make you think and explain the process making you confident in the concept.

By NGUYEN V N N

Jan 24, 2018

I have found this course very interesting and fast paced. After this course, I have a high level understanding of the various advantages and disadvantages of the commonly used solar cell. I will use this information to propose solar cell at my workplace.

By Ezra G

Apr 04, 2020

I highly recommend this corse. I came into this corse never having studied electrical engineering, that said it was rather difficult at first but by the second week I had a good understanding. this is a wonderful corse for anyone interested in solar.

By Michele V

Apr 13, 2020

Very interesting, I have learnt many things that help me understand the state of the art of the solar cells and the different advantages of the technologies available. It also helped me to see why silicon solar cells are still dominating the market.

By bharathi b

Apr 11, 2020

it is a wonderful course for the beginners to understand about the solar cells and their evolution. congratulations to the tutor who had done a commendable job and i also appreciate his team or coming out with this valuable notes. congratulations

By javier h

Nov 23, 2018

He encontrado el curso muy interesante, conciso con lo que se explica y a la vez profundizando un poco en cada tema, lo suficiente. También resume y queda claro todos los temas entre el soporte de video y de lectura. Me ha gustado mucho. Gracias!