Back to Introduction to solar cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to solar cells by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How do solar cells work, why do we need, and how can we measure their efficiency? These are just some of the questions Introduction to solar cells tackles. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in solar, “Introduction to Solar Cells” is an excellent starting point. The course is a tour through the fundamental disciplines including solar cell history, why we need solar energy, how solar cells produce power, and how they work. During the course we cover mono- and multi-crystalline solar cells, thin film solar cells, and new emerging technologies. The course includes hands-on exercises using virtual instruments, interviews with field experts, and a comprehensive collection of material on solar cells. At the end of the course you will have gained a fundamental understanding of the field. This will allow you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career....

AP
Dec 11, 2017

Very concise and to the point. Stable and calm teaching. Was my first foray into renewable energy and absolutely loved it. The course instructor was brilliant and had a stable command over the topic.

PM
Dec 26, 2019

This is the first coursera course I have taken and the first I have completed. It is an interesting topic and the format was great for getting an understanding of solar cell technology. good stuff.

101 - 125 of 573 Reviews for Introduction to solar cells

By Hasib R

Well revised course. Simple web-based simulations that help understand the topics very well. Basically it's totally helpful for beginners studying on solar cells.

By GIRIRAJ S P

Aug 18, 2019

i learned all basics about solar cell, all different types,their methods of manufacturing, uses,etc.

the course was so good and had so much interesting knowledge

By Carlos A S R

Overall a really nice course with a lot of resources to expand the knowledge of the topic, great teacher and the quality of the material presented was flawless.

By Rebeca T

Jan 19, 2018

I really enjoyed the course. I think everthing's clear and have a good organization. Also the information of the course is good enough to understand it. Thanks!

By Daniel A H T

Apr 6, 2019

Excelente curso, una muestra general de como funcionan las celdas fotovoltaicas y de los avances actuales sobre las tecnologías utilizadas para su fabricación.

By Lee S Y

Mar 8, 2018

Brilliant introduction to absolute beginners at the subject. I was able to understand the material fairly easily despite dropping physics early in high school.

By ANKIT K S

Aug 8, 2020

The Course is very informative. The content was updated. I strongly believed that the knowledge I consumed through the course will help me in the near future.

By Hakan A

Nov 22, 2020

It was a great course for me. I have learned lots of things about solar cells, and this course gave me a vision about solar energy and the future of energy.

By ARCHIT T

Nov 9, 2017

its really very very informative course thank you so much technical university of Denmark for this amazing course looking foreword for more courses from DTU

By Olaya S R

May 4, 2020

Proffesor and colleades explained the topics quite clear and in a order that every topic could be followed. Really helpful and motivating to keep learning.

By MAYOR, M J (

Nov 1, 2020

I learned a lot. It is a very interesting course with very thorough teaching. I thank all the people who gave time to improve the course. It was splendid.

By ullasa k

Aug 22, 2017

Really enlightened with the concept of solar cell technology . Course nicely constructed with vast amount materials for further reading and understanding.

By Juan J M T

Apr 22, 2020

Excellent, a lot of interesting information and a wider and simple to understand explination of the solar cell industry and materials that are being use.

By UDAY V S

It is a awesome course . It gives insight of solar cell technology and its potential in the near future.The course is well divided into various modules.

Oct 11, 2017

This is a very good and informative course. Now I fully understand the importance of solar cell and how the sun is an important renewable energy source.

By Ramiro A G

Jul 16, 2020

A very complete introducion to history, working principles, advantages, disadvantages and manufacturing processes of different solar cell technologies.

By Ashan I

Jul 10, 2020

First of all I want to thank you for introducing this course. I was able to learn a lot of things in detail here. Glad about that and thank you again.

By Mariella F

Sep 10, 2017

Very thorough explaining and good use of external resources to help understand. Teachers speak in a good pace and intonation that keeps you focused.

By Dr. B G

Remarkably well organized. Will test your mathematics and analytical skills. Takes it to a whole new level. The technology itself is an eye opener.

By Alejandro P

Nov 3, 2020

This course is great for learning the detailed science behind solar power generation and the considerations of mass production of solar cells.

By MOHAMED M P

Aug 4, 2020

I have learned a lot regarding solar cells through this course and I hope it will help me in further jobs with the solar related industries.

By Juan C

Jun 23, 2018

Maravilloso curso para comprender la operacion de las celdas solares y sus beneficios en la integracion a los sistemas de suministro electrico

By Zhenya F

Aug 24, 2020

Great solar technology primer. The course was exactly what I wanted it to be. Many quiz feedback forms had minor spelling and wording errors.

By Ruban P K

Jul 15, 2019

It was very informative and well designed course. Motivated to learn more about different types of Solar cells and to implement my knowledge.

By VARPE V M 2

Dec 16, 2020

Its Best Idea to Learn any important any iformation and easily to our time. my quetions is how is geting complition certificate and grade .