Back to Introduction to solar cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to solar cells by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How do solar cells work, why do we need, and how can we measure their efficiency? These are just some of the questions Introduction to solar cells tackles. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in solar, “Introduction to Solar Cells” is an excellent starting point. The course is a tour through the fundamental disciplines including solar cell history, why we need solar energy, how solar cells produce power, and how they work. During the course we cover mono- and multi-crystalline solar cells, thin film solar cells, and new emerging technologies. The course includes hands-on exercises using virtual instruments, interviews with field experts, and a comprehensive collection of material on solar cells. At the end of the course you will have gained a fundamental understanding of the field. This will allow you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career....

AP

Dec 12, 2017

Very concise and to the point. Stable and calm teaching. Was my first foray into renewable energy and absolutely loved it. The course instructor was brilliant and had a stable command over the topic.

PM

Dec 27, 2019

This is the first coursera course I have taken and the first I have completed. It is an interesting topic and the format was great for getting an understanding of solar cell technology. good stuff.

126 - 150 of 476 Reviews for Introduction to solar cells

By JOSHUA D S

Jul 11, 2020

practice quiz was very useful, instant exams after every module very useful, instructor kept the sessions very interesting

By Jose B

Nov 03, 2017

Great course, a good mix of high level of details makes it quite easy to follow and grasp. Congratulations to the DTU team

By MEHUL S

Jun 26, 2020

A very good and comprehensive course involving multidisciplinary things from physics and engineering. Highly recommended.

By Jáuregui M J A

Mar 24, 2020

A good introduction course, it will give you a technical base and an economical idea of this renewable energy technology.

By Christopher T H

Nov 15, 2019

The course was very insightful as well as engaging. I highly enjoyed the knowledge and information gained from the course

By Sumukh S

Jul 15, 2019

Excellent course. I felt that lecture notes could be provided before the start of the lecture in the form a PDF document.

By Octav F

Jan 21, 2018

On point; Interesting & engaging;

Encourages and provides materials for further exploration;

Up to date with the technology

By Antonio U E G

Jan 29, 2018

Great course, I love the idea of using the sun to power our lives. I think this introductional course is very complete.

By Alexandre S

Sep 21, 2017

Really liked the course! Hopefully someday there will be an easy "do it yourself" kit for home organic cell production.

By Dr. S J M

May 06, 2020

The course was very helpful to understand solar cells. All the video lectures were clear and understanding. Thank you.

By Alejandro E R N

Jul 10, 2018

Lot of useful information and always mention the advantages and disadvantages, which will encourage us to be critical.

By Михаил С

Mar 25, 2018

Thank you. I know more theory than in university during 2 years;) But in univercity I have the oppurtunity to practise

By JOHN Q

Aug 23, 2017

Fun and interesting course. I've been meaning to learn the science of solar cells for some time now. Thanks so much!

By Karla C

Apr 17, 2019

I think that this course was really interesting, illustrative and encourage me to be more interested on solar cells.

By Paneliya g g

Jun 23, 2020

This course is wonderful. For my point of you please add the technology of multifunction solar cell in this course

By Jeremy M

Aug 02, 2019

Very interesting and well presented. Provides a great base knowledge in solar cell theory, production and trends.

By Nisarg S

Jul 08, 2020

Very good course. Included deep concepts. the instructor nicely taught the concepts and help in solving problems.

By Sai R V A V

Apr 19, 2020

Very interesting topics and I enjoyed this course very much I got a clarity about the solar cells and its process

By KAUSTAV B

Jul 22, 2018

MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE I HAD AND WHICH I PUT TO FULL USE AND ALSO GOT TO LEARN WHOLE LOT OF USEFUL INFORMATION.

By Hany H

Jun 22, 2018

Awesome course and awesome lecturer, definitely would recommend it to anyone who's interested in solar energy.

By elias h

Jun 12, 2018

It is very helpful course, the instructor gave the idea in clear way and there were a lot of useful resources.

By Ahmed R E

Oct 19, 2017

informative , organised , light , a well- made introduction - provides an additional source - good instructors

By Keith M

May 01, 2018

This is a great course. Super informative, easy to follow along, and easy to learn and absorb. Thank you DTU.

By Kshitij K

Apr 18, 2019

Well written course. Starts from the very basics to advanced level. Quizzes have a fair amount of questions.

By Elizabeth R S

Jun 06, 2020

Simplified and the concept and processing of solar cell is very well explained. A course to be must done.