Back to Introduction to solar cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to solar cells by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How do solar cells work, why do we need, and how can we measure their efficiency? These are just some of the questions Introduction to solar cells tackles. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in solar, “Introduction to Solar Cells” is an excellent starting point. The course is a tour through the fundamental disciplines including solar cell history, why we need solar energy, how solar cells produce power, and how they work. During the course we cover mono- and multi-crystalline solar cells, thin film solar cells, and new emerging technologies. The course includes hands-on exercises using virtual instruments, interviews with field experts, and a comprehensive collection of material on solar cells. At the end of the course you will have gained a fundamental understanding of the field. This will allow you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career....

AP

Dec 12, 2017

Very concise and to the point. Stable and calm teaching. Was my first foray into renewable energy and absolutely loved it. The course instructor was brilliant and had a stable command over the topic.

PM

Dec 27, 2019

This is the first coursera course I have taken and the first I have completed. It is an interesting topic and the format was great for getting an understanding of solar cell technology. good stuff.

451 - 475 of 511 Reviews for Introduction to solar cells

By Bernardo P

Jul 13, 2020

This course gives you information about how solar cells work and the different types of them and has interesting topics with good information.

By Stephan L

Apr 28, 2019

One of the best courses I 've done on coursera. It is scientific and informative. In my opinion the didactic in the 1st week is just ok.

By Lukas A B

Jul 07, 2020

The course was really interesting and gives a lot of new things to me. I really appreciate the teams who created this course. Thank you

By VAIBHAV G

Jun 12, 2020

This Course is for beginners who has little/less knowledge of solar Cell.The teacher teaching skills is at its best. I like the course.

By RUTURAJ B

May 05, 2020

This course was an awesome experience but it is highly recommended to add a reference to research papers and project thesis if possible

By adham m o m

Oct 30, 2019

A great course I really enjoyed it as it fit into my need for being more aware of the terminologies and ideas related to solar cells.

By Bhavin B

Jul 01, 2020

This Course Is encourage To Humen Being For Future Application And Demand Of Solar Cell Energy And It's Advantages And Uses.

Feb 16, 2019

Very interesting topic, very good selection of materials, but he exercises and quizzes were just to simple. At least for me.

By Dhyana C B

It gave me a proper introduction solar cell technology and helped understand the basics in it's production and development.

By Aniket R

Sep 03, 2020

Nice course. Additional Resources are wonderful. videos can be made much more informative. reading contents are also good.

By Bakare A A

Jan 01, 2020

This course is full of insights and I'm leaving here having learned a lot due to the simplicity and delivery of lecture

By Lokesh N

Teacher could have made it more interesting by changing the way he speaks. His colleagues were very

enthusiastic

By sai v R

May 14, 2020

its really a great course for student who is even beginner to solar cell and its working topic ,thank you sir.

By Mohamed E

Aug 25, 2018

It is one of the most amazing courses in this field i am sure you will gain a lot of values through this course

By Zahra A A

Jul 01, 2020

interesting, good information and good teacher but it is not enough, you need to research to understand.

By Malin A

Dec 04, 2017

I very good introduction to the topic! Good quizes and a good mix of video and complementary text.

By Nilton C L

Feb 13, 2020

Excelente curso. Esta em avaliação a aquisição no futuro caso continue a me aprofundar.

By Alberto T

Sep 09, 2017

This is only one more step to my goals on the Sustainable Architecture career

By Itha S K

Aug 09, 2020

Awesome course for the people for the who are interested in solar cells...

By Krishnendu D

Aug 15, 2019

very good course to learn and building curiosity about the new topics

By Vivek V

May 16, 2020

Very much informative course explanation is very good with examples

By Gudivada S M

Oct 08, 2017

it was good and conceptual with real life applications as examples

By Himanshu p

Jul 08, 2020

Best guidelines through teacher.and best platform for new student

By Luna M B T

Aug 16, 2019

It was a bit complex for a beginner, but I learned a lot, thanks

By Raghavendra K R

Nov 20, 2017

I have learnt lot of things about solar cells.