Back to Solar Energy Systems Overview

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Solar Energy Systems Overview by University at Buffalo

By the end of this course, learners will have acquired a broad understanding of the history and mechanics behind converting light into electricity, commonly known as photovoltaics (PV). They are empowered to recognize and describe elements of a PV system, enabling them to: compare the most common types of solar cells, sketch a solar PV system, and analyze differences between rooftop and ground mounting configurations. The course explores economic considerations, touching on solar PV costs for residential and commercial use, incentives, and contrasts solar power with fossil fuel and nuclear plants. This course is ideal for anyone interested in entering the solar power sector, whether fresh to the workforce or switching industries. The curriculum is especially useful for engineers, HVAC installers, architects, and building code inspectors. Material includes online lectures, videos, demos, project work, readings and discussions. This is the first course in the Solar PV for Engineers, Architects and Code Inspectors specialization. To learn more about the specialization, check out a video overview at https://youtu.be/XjkKzbXqA6s....

PR

Mar 18, 2021

I would like to give lots of thanks to the instructor as she explains everything clearly in details. Really, I get such superb knowledge which I cannot get from online books or posts. Thanks!!!

SM

Apr 22, 2021

The last quiz was too difficult. it took my time more than 1 hour . I have totally got swept .It's awesome course not only by learning materials but also difficulties. Salute the course writer.

151 - 161 of 161 Reviews for Solar Energy Systems Overview

By Maged M

Jun 5, 2021

It is good introductory course. but it not too technical. for me this was not and advantage. the Course is missing an important piece of information is how to calculate the Energy output from a system. although couple of examples of the systems were indicated but the results was not explained how they are obtained.

By Matthew M

May 24, 2021

This course is quite practical in focus. If you're asking yourself "what do I need to know if I want to install solar panels on my roof?" this is a really solid place to start. It is not ideal for an engineer looking for an understanding of the technical principles underlying Solar Energy Systems.

By Muhammad T

Jul 18, 2020

Slides Must be provided. This course needs some detailed analysis with some real time examples and detailed PV Installation video. More, videos must be atleast 5 min long for each segment rather than few second videos. Videos having atleast 5 min may keep our interest in learning.

By Troy T

Jan 11, 2021

As an electrical engineer with only 5 years experience i took this course to try and broaden my knowledge as my work dabbles in Solar/ethanol powered sites. I did not learn anything. Would be a good intro course for beginners though.

By Ebrahim H

Aug 16, 2021

c​ontains so much specific info about specific states in america, so students from the rest of the world could. Ot benefit from all these additional

By Shaikh M I M A

Sep 21, 2020

Less slide content and low voice but knowledgeable

Plzz improve

By Vishnu P s r

Sep 17, 2020

Nice one,but need more practice

By Eduardo R V S

Apr 4, 2022

Very Basic

By SANKARSHAN D P

Aug 7, 2020

Easy

By Bronislaus W K J

Jul 15, 2020

Cannot proceed past week 1 without enrolling ? I thought this was free to audit.

Also, the web site does not allow scrolling down in the text.

By Bader e Y