Back to Unravelling solutions for Future Food problems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Unravelling solutions for Future Food problems by Utrecht University

Our society depends on the availability of food and accessibility to it. According to the United Nations nearly 800 million people are hungry and on the other hand, over 650 million people are obese. While many people in developing countries experience food shortage, in industrialized countries people are throwing food away. These facts show how paradoxical and complex the world’s food problem is. ln this course, more than 10 food researchers from Utrecht University will address the main issues of food consumption. They will handle two interrelated themes; Food shortage and Healthy choices. You will learn to identify the key ingredients of the world’s food challenges and to think about the solutions for enabling changes in the current food system. We will also look at the possible sustainable solutions for several accut issues: the demands of the growing human population, the role of nutrition, and the need to understand food choices in order to have healthier diet and consider the possibilities of alternative foods. We invite you to join us on an interdisciplinary journey through the world food problems. You will gain new knowledge and insights that will help you form your own opinion on these subjects and make better choices in your food consumption. We hope you will enjoy the course! The Future Food Team...

SA

Jun 26, 2019

Exceptional everybody. Fantastic course but more than anything absolutely inspirational. This course helped me find my direction for future studies. I truly am very grateful.

KJ

Dec 28, 2018

Very helpful for those interested in practicing farming as a profession. This course has really motivated me to invest in farming as a business.

1 - 5 of 5 Reviews for Unravelling solutions for Future Food problems

By Sai C A

Jun 26, 2019

By Kaala J

Dec 28, 2018

By Theodorus A A

Oct 29, 2018

problem solving course. related to 2nd program of united nation (zero hunger)

By Fransisca Y W

Apr 09, 2018

Very interesting, it doesn’t take up too much time yet I was able to grasp a good understanding on the topic. Enjoyed the peer assessments review part where I can read other learners point of views on the same learning topic

By Juliette C

Dec 01, 2017

Great course to learn more about food problems ! Very clear, complete and the assignments are interesting and diverse. Thanks a lot !