Back to Spanish for Successful Communication in Healthcare Settings

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Spanish for Successful Communication in Healthcare Settings by Rice University

Welcome to Spanish for Successful Communication in Healthcare Settings! This course is structured in four modules, each one revolving on a topic related to the physician-patient interaction. Each module contains four lessons; on grammar, vocabulary, the dynamics of the spoken interaction, and aspects of sociocultural relevance. The video lessons are unlike regular “lectures” in which you are just listening. Instead, you should think of them as virtual classes where you are supposed to reflect, complete activities, and even get extra practice on your own time. The videos are a roadmap that will provide what you need to complete the activities on the student handout. Each module is followed by a 10-question quiz. It is important that you complete the lessons sequentially, as they build upon each other....

A
Sep 21, 2020

Muy buen curso, te da la realidad actual con el contexto que estamos llevando y eso te ayuda a canalizar mejor todo el aprendizaje.

LM
Jul 11, 2020

No es un curso dirigido para un nativo del idioma español, porque aprendes cosas muy mínimas.

26 - 50 of 50 Reviews for Spanish for Successful Communication in Healthcare Settings

By Keren G

Dec 23, 2020

Love this course, I learned so much even though I already knew Spanish!

By Abigail M

Jun 7, 2020

Great content, easy to follow, and easy to work at your own pace!

By Marie Z

Aug 25, 2020

este curso me encanto! aprendi muchisimo. Gracias a la profe!

By Arci G

Dec 23, 2020

Overall, excellent course if you are up for the challenge!

By Andy C

Apr 22, 2020

Great teaching and very well put together course!

By Olumba N

Jul 7, 2020

Really good course. Very thorough and engaging.

By Alex A

Jul 9, 2020

Curso muy entretenido y didactico

By Carlos F

Nov 30, 2020

Un poco difícil pero lo logre.

By Ken G

Jun 15, 2020

Muy bien!

By Vicky H

Apr 27, 2021

Goes into the nuances of communicating with patients and colleagues in a healthcare setting, such as taking account into patient age, cultural background, psychosocial concerns, etc. Overall I enjoyed the course. The instructor spoke very clearly for a beginner Spanish learner like me. I did not give it five stars because I would have liked more focus on the medical vocabularies and dialogues rather than so much focus on the application in social/cultural context. This may only be because those are similar to how it is in the healthcare setting in America using the English language, but I could see how that may be helpful for learners who have had less exposure to the healthcare setting in a similar culture. Overall, I would recommend the course to others, as I did learn plenty from it. It was challenging for a beginner Spanish learner like me, but the subtitles and transcripts helped so much!

By Hannah O

Feb 7, 2021

I would give this course a 4.8!!!! There are some issues with the quizzes near the end of the course, however in this course I learned a lot and enjoyed sharpening my Spanish skills in grammar as well as speaking. There was a lot to learn and this is a very impactful four week course! I recommend this course to anyone who is in the healthcare setting and wants a refresher as well as those who are more intermediate in Spanish who don't know medical Spanish or don't have it mastered just yet. ¡Buena suerte!

By Dina S

Nov 16, 2019

Some of the quizzes were difficult in that I know that I would put the right answer, and it is even verified by some of the content in the modules, but it would still mark it as incorrect. This is especially relevant in the answers that needed to be typed out. Otherwise, the course was great!

By David R B

Dec 13, 2020

I thought this course was very well organized and I learned a lot from it. My one complaint is that the quality of the audio recordings of the doctor-patient interactions was generally poor.

By Samantha R

Jul 6, 2020

The course is good. There is a lot of information given. I would have preferred smaller pieces of information and maybe some links to some practice exercises on the grammar points.

By Layla A R

May 9, 2021

It was hard to contact the professor. The class was well done, I wish there was a disclaimer that stated the class was for more advanced Spanish speakers.

By Francesca

Jul 24, 2020

Very clear and well organized course.

I am sure will help me in my communication with hispanic people in healthcare setting.

Thank you!

By Camille M H

May 7, 2020

The course is very organized and gives you a lot of tools and information to be successful in a Spanish health care setting.

By Aspa S

Nov 8, 2020

Muy buen curso pero creo que no es apto para hispanohablantes (nativos) o personas con un nivel de español superior.

By Stephanie V

Sep 18, 2020

This course is great for beginners who know some Spanish and want to expand on their medical Spanish.

By Bianca T

Apr 21, 2021

The questions where you have to answer yourself many times it shows that is incorrect even tho the answer is correct , It's very frustrating I regret applying for financial aid