Back to Spatial Analysis and Satellite Imagery in a GIS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Spatial Analysis and Satellite Imagery in a GIS by University of Toronto

In this course, you will learn how to analyze map data using different data types and methods to answer geographic questions. First, you will learn how to filter a data set using different types of queries to find just the data you need to answer a particular question. Then, we will discuss simple yet powerful analysis methods that use vector data to find spatial relationships within and between data sets. In this section, you will also learn about how to use ModelBuilder, a simple but powerful tool for building analysis flowcharts that can then also be run as models. You will then learn how to find, understand, and use remotely sensed data such as satellite imagery, as a rich source of GIS data. You will then learn how to analyze raster data. Finally, you will complete your own project where you get to try out the new skills and tools you have learned about in this course. Note: software is not provided for this course....

MH
Apr 21, 2020

This course is very well organized. This course is also based on a solid combination of theory and practical knowledge. Who wants to clear their remote sensing knowledge this course best option.

JG
Jul 21, 2021

Excellent course, really helped me bridge my knowledge gap between GIS and satellite imagery. I feel much more effective in the use of spatial analytical tools moving forward with my career.

26 - 50 of 128 Reviews for Spatial Analysis and Satellite Imagery in a GIS

By Jennifer L B D

Sep 7, 2020

What can I say??... I've learned a lot during the last weeks, the program content is absolutely interesting and complete.

By Sendo T

Jul 1, 2020

Not for MAC user as the software only supports window.

By Ioanna A

Jan 18, 2021

I am very grateful for having this opportunity to extend my skills in ArcGIS. The instructor was very good, easy to understand, and the presentations were excellent. This course helped to find out who many things you can do with satellite images, buffer zones and so on. Thank you so much!!

By John B M

Jan 5, 2021

The course allowed me to upgrade my skills in handling spatial data and am more confident in managing and analysing data. I thank the course instructor Don Boyes very much for presenting even complex topics in simple yet very engaging manner.

By Bruna R

Jul 4, 2021

The content is very rich and the instructor, Don Boyes, has amazing didactics. In every class is clear the domain of the content and how he enjoys talking about it, which makes all more interesting. Thanks a lot!

By ALICHE A

Sep 21, 2021

دورة فالمستوى , تليق بمقام جامعة تورينتو.

شكرا خاص للأستاذ Don Boyes ولكل من ساهم في إنجاز هته الدورة.

ملاحظة : قمت بكتابة هته الملاحظة باللغة العربية لتشجيع الناطقين بها للإنظمام إلى هاته الدورة.

By Jeremy G

Jul 22, 2021

E​xcellent course, really helped me bridge my knowledge gap between GIS and satellite imagery. I feel much more effective in the use of spatial analytical tools moving forward with my career.

By Davis M S

Feb 7, 2021

really great course for everyone with basic knowledge in GIS. If you want to really improve your skills in Spatial analysis, this is surely the go-to course

By María P M J

Jul 27, 2020

Es un muy buen curso de GIS. El profesor es realmente bueno explicando diferentes detalles de cómo funciona el software y de contenido

By Daniel d A

Mar 24, 2021

This is the specialization best course. It is very interesting, the lectures are great. And the instructor is concise and thoughtful.

By Ricardo D

Nov 4, 2020

This is an outstanding course. Excellent explanations, good activities, very useful information. Like that company says: just do it!

By Onwukwe U O

very interesting, straight to the point, hands on was very easy to learn, the tutor was awesome. Great course, Great school.

By Priyantan G

Aug 9, 2020

The course is very help full. It helps us to use the real life data sets along with the satelite data sets in arc Gis

By SALIAN J J

Aug 11, 2020

The course was very interactive. Prof. Don Boyes explained every tool very easily and all courses were interactive .

By Rafael D P B

Sep 30, 2020

This course is very good. I learned many things. The teacher is the best. He explains everything really clearly.

By Lakshmi N R

Dec 4, 2020

Very nice course. If duration of the course is being mentioned in the certificate , it will be highly useful.

By SIKIYEH F

Dec 29, 2020

this course is very important and he help me more. I will thank the instructor for this course Dr. Don Boyes

By PK M

Oct 9, 2020

This series has helped me bag a wonderful career at caterpillar inc. Thanks to professor Donald Boyes

By Angeles P

Apr 18, 2021

That's a helpful course to improve the GIS skills that I didn't opportunity to learn in my career.

By Henrique O

Mar 28, 2021

Excellent course! Very well structured.

Congratulations to the Instructor Professor Don Boyes.

By CHIRANTHA D

Aug 25, 2020

A well organized GIS course with plenty of exercises to follow and ideal teaching techniques.

By Aritra M

Jun 7, 2020

Nice instructor. Ways of teaching is fabulous which makes everything expedient for students.

By Muhammad S

Aug 22, 2021

This course is very nicely designed for learners and Instructor is nicely feed to learns

By ANNE S

Aug 30, 2020

I enjoyed the lectures as well as doing the assignments. I have also learnt quite a lot.

By Yibeltal G A

Oct 25, 2020

The Course Is Very Helpful and the way of presentation and delivery is also fantastic.