Back to Spatial Analysis and Satellite Imagery in a GIS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Spatial Analysis and Satellite Imagery in a GIS by University of Toronto

In this course, you will learn how to analyze map data using different data types and methods to answer geographic questions. First, you will learn how to filter a data set using different types of queries to find just the data you need to answer a particular question. Then, we will discuss simple yet powerful analysis methods that use vector data to find spatial relationships within and between data sets. In this section, you will also learn about how to use ModelBuilder, a simple but powerful tool for building analysis flowcharts that can then also be run as models. You will then learn how to find, understand, and use remotely sensed data such as satellite imagery, as a rich source of GIS data. You will then learn how to analyze raster data. Finally, you will complete your own project where you get to try out the new skills and tools you have learned about in this course. Note: software is not provided for this course....

MH
Apr 21, 2020

This course is very well organized. This course is also based on a solid combination of theory and practical knowledge. Who wants to clear their remote sensing knowledge this course best option.

JG
Jul 21, 2021

Excellent course, really helped me bridge my knowledge gap between GIS and satellite imagery. I feel much more effective in the use of spatial analytical tools moving forward with my career.

101 - 125 of 128 Reviews for Spatial Analysis and Satellite Imagery in a GIS

Mar 21, 2021

Best

By MOHD N B A L

Nov 18, 2020

good

By Bilato L

Sep 22, 2021

ok

By Nicolas S

Dec 16, 2019

I really like the online classes provided by Prof Boyes but as I am taking the specialization, this is my 3rd class and I am starting to be annoyed by the assignment process and I really think that one is not optimized for beginners on GIS. We have to proactively gather data and this is taking me some time on what data to gather. At the end I am finding this of being to basic and from the various assignments, I see that beginners are forgetting some basics which make their map very difficult to read. I am also finding the rating process too basic and not adapted to every module. I ended up with giving a good mark to someone although the map was not very good but if I followed the rating process it was a good map.

By Heleen B

Aug 25, 2020

This course was very fun. Although I initially wasn't quite sure why I'd want to make use of satellite imagery, this course has helped me understand the variety of applications it offers (from modelling migration flows to predicting extreme weather events). Also, it's great how Don takes us as students by the hand in exploring ways to retrieve data and the practical tutorials on how to get started are an invite for trying it out by yourself!

By SONU K

Sep 8, 2020

Useful as well as demanding course so guys please join and make your career more responsive in this modern technical world.