Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

GL

Jun 05, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

NM

May 03, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

251 - 275 of 2,081 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Mohammad H S

Mar 14, 2016

This course is really awesome! It helps me to discover the secrets of speaking English clearly.

Thanks to Georgia Tech, and thanks to Coursera.

By Chu E S

Aug 23, 2020

I have got a lot of experience and knowledge from this course.I know body language systemically.So thank you so much teacher and my partners.

By Sourav B

Sep 05, 2020

It was a great experience.i am happy for it. By doing this course i have achieved communication, presentation,professional phone talk skill.

By AMIT K S

Apr 24, 2020

Excellent Course.It makes me a good in English speaking.Teacher's voice is very clear and sweet.It is very interesting this course.Thank you

By Berry B

Jul 01, 2019

Thank you very much for letting me be part of this class. I learn a lot of things. It definitely helped me improve my English communication.

By Sayid A

Sep 05, 2020

I'm so happy to complete this beautiful course. and I'm saying thanks for such courses and it was an important course everything was great.

By SUTHAKHAR P

The course content was great and the presenter made sure it got delivered properly. A proper professional course that should not be missed.

By Muhammad B N

Apr 27, 2020

This course is very good and appreciable. If you wanna take your communication skills to next level than this course is definitely for you.

By SAFWAN N K

Apr 16, 2020

I'm so happy to complete my course here. Thanks to our responsible faculties and Georgia Tech for giving me this opportunity. Thanks a lot!

By JINGNI T

Feb 04, 2020

Undoubtedly, practical courses can be used to reality, which is of vital importance to my development in the future. I highly recommend it.

By Pradeepa H V

Aug 31, 2019

It's a good explore to everyone and it's doesn't matter weather he is an IT employee or layman but it's good course to everyone.

Thanks you.

By A.W. D S

Jun 11, 2020

I've learned many spoken English rules and many mistake I do when I'm speaking.Thank you all the classmates and the teacher who helped me.

By Iris S A A

Jul 23, 2020

In the short term, she will help me with my personal project. And in the long term in future job interviews, to show my tools in English.

By LENKA B R P

Jul 13, 2020

Amazing, This course has helped me a lot. I could now confidently give presentations at my college, I now know the protocols of speaking.

By Shraddha K

When I started this course I'm not good in English but I join this course .After that I can speak English professionally and confidently.

By vinita y

May 15, 2020

It was a good experience, now I would definitely notice all those small things that can make or break the opportunity of first impression

By Premananthan G

The teacher is delivering the content in proper way and created attention towards the course. really great experience. Thank you so much

By Rachell C

Apr 30, 2020

It was an amazing course, the instructors and the material were really good. Thank you for the opportunity to Georgia Tech and Coursera.

By Amisha S

Oct 21, 2018

I learned a lot of things from this course. we were assigned assignments which were practical in nature and helped us learn the lessons.

By Elyasafzali

Jun 29, 2018

Thanks a lot for coursera I'm very happy to revise my certificate from this course. i would like to continues my study here in coursera.

By Mauricio M Q

Aug 14, 2020

Very interesting, with excellent videoconferences, practical exercises that really, when done judiciously, demand effort to do it well.

By ROSANNA D G

Jul 28, 2020

I decided to follow this course to improve my English skils, I can say that it is a perfect course. I am more confident with my English

By Supantha R

Jul 22, 2020

It was simply great.The lectures were so balanced and helpful.I liked the way they chose to teach.But the test segment could be better.

By Atharva A G

Jul 20, 2020

This is a very Good course for beginer as well as for those who wants to take a specialisatio, as it includes interview questions also.

By Жакенова А М

It was an awesome course. I have learned more key pieces of information about English, that I did not know before. thank you very much!