Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

NM
May 2, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

GL
Jun 4, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

251 - 275 of 2,669 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Dina G e h

Apr 30, 2020

it is an interesting course helped me in improving my pronunciation and encouraged me to talk more confidently,i would to thank every professor worked on this course.

By Ilyes L M

Mar 10, 2020

this course teaches you all the basics of speaking English, how to introduce yourself, your product, how to interrupt people politely and ask for clarification....etc

By Mairambekova A

Dec 8, 2020

Thank you very much for the course. I really loved it very much, it was very useful and helpful for me. With each lesson I feel an improvement in my speaking skills.

By anna r n

Nov 3, 2020

Un curso muy útil y sobre todo práctico para los que no hablamos ingles habitualmente. He aprendido muchas cosas que me ayudarán a mejorar mi comunicación en ingles.

By Carolina G M

Jul 2, 2020

I learned in great way of this wonderfull course of speak english.

very grateful for your teachs

I feel very very happy and fortunate of be your student.

Great exitos!!

By Saira T

May 22, 2020

Excellent course. I loved learning each module. It helped me a lot broadening my understanding to improve speaking fluently. Thank you Coursera for this opportunity.

By Anandraj

Mar 24, 2018

Good Course I am very liked it. past weeks i am really like college student for interaction with other students i got new ideas and all thank you so much coursera...

By Rushikesh L

Great course!!! I've benefited a lot by joining this course. I would suggest to non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

By Margarida A d S V

Sep 12, 2020

First of all I would like to thank everyone who is part of this group, for this wonderful learning opportunity. Congratulations to all of you. Once again my thanks

By Rocio G L d R

Jan 9, 2021

I really liked this course, I liked the way the teacher explained everything, the only thing that I would like is that teachers evaluates homeworks, not students.

By TEJAL P

Jun 25, 2020

The coursera online course is too good .

I lerant many new things from this course

How to communicate with others and how to apply for interview .

Thank u so much .

By Alejandra D V R

Nov 6, 2020

It is a very good course, the videos and the lessons are very accurate and the teachers take their time to explain in a very good way the topics. So recommended!

By Juan C A C

Sep 19, 2020

excelente curso para mejorar los conocimientos del ingles. el tiempo realizándolo se hizo corto. material de apoyo muy recomendado. las facilitadoras excelentes.

By Carolina G

Apr 12, 2020

the program is short but complete, I learn a couple of things that i didn't know, the program is very organized and easy to understand.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!

By Oluwatimilehin M O

Sep 25, 2020

This course has helped me build myself over the few weeks and I've learnt to speak a better and professional English. It's such a great experience being here.

By Prayag R D

Jun 21, 2020

It gives me confidence to speak English. It improves my group discussion skills, interview skills, presentation skills and telephonic and online conversation.

By N H P

Jun 11, 2020

It is a great course. The materials are very good that they are very important to speak professionally.you should try this and it will be very helpful for you.

By Владислав Г

Apr 3, 2016

It really helps me to improve my english skills! That's why I recommend everybody to pass through this course (especially, if you have an intermediate level).

By Nicolás M

Oct 20, 2020

Es un curso muy completo. Para una persona como yo, que tiene un nivel básico o bajo, me ha servido de mucha ayuda dentro de todas las área que me interesan.

By Zaxidova G T

Aug 9, 2020

I liked this course. I have an ability speaking on the phone and online by helping Georgia Institute of Technolgy. I am sure that I can practice it always.

By ahmed g I

Nov 10, 2020

It has been such a great choice to take that course. I was so lucky ti roll in this course. I can not thank you such a great course and highly recommend it.

By Doha a

Aug 25, 2020

i really liked this course and learnt lots of things like the pitch and the phone calls , elevator was my favorite , thank you for this amazing opportunity.

By BRINDHA R

Jun 8, 2020

It's very interesting and easy too.I have learned a lot from this course. It's my first course in coursera and I m very happy for taking this course! Tnk u!

By NIKHIL M

This course helped me a lot, I've learned so many techniques for the betterment of my communication skills and one on one interactions. Thank you, Coursera.

By Dilara

Apr 24, 2020

I really enjoyed during this and earned important knowledge about speaking in English.Also,instructor is very positive it's important for me.Great course...