Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

NM

May 03, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

GL

Jun 05, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

126 - 150 of 2,273 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Rashid.M

Jun 06, 2020

You are awesome, you have been providing great communication skill to everyone irrespective of their resident, you have touched all the faces which may occur difficult when speaking,thank you geogia and thank you so much all the mentors behind.

By Hakan E K

Dec 07, 2016

I really appreciated for all your effort to created this classroom.This classroom helped me so much;in addition to this experience I am also very happy to attend your classroom.I have upgraded my confidence since I started to take this classroom.

By kr c p

May 09, 2020

They way they communicated and passed on information on everything is crisp and clear. Every individual with basic English proficiency can also improve his/her English within 6 weeks time. Thank you helping me to improve my communications skills

By Renniel M Y

May 01, 2020

I'd like to commend the creator/s of this course. I definitely learned a lot on improving my skill in speaking English professionally.

My recommendation is to give more sample and exercises for this course in the future. All in all, Good Job!

By Ojukwu G C

Jul 15, 2020

This course is great but I do not think it's ok to make non-English speakers of English speak English like English people. We have our accents and it's OK for it to be that way. We can't speak English perfectly; in terms of pronunciations.

By Casey M

Sep 29, 2018

I truly enjoyed learning how to communicate more effectively in different professional scenarios. The videos kept me engaged and gave me valuable information. Thanks to Georgia Tech for offering this online course with such high standards.

By EVGENII P S

Oct 03, 2020

I have really enjoyed to take this course and got to know more information about my second language which is English. I have gained a new knowledge about pronunciation, professional listening and having a productive business conversation.

By Luis A C R

May 14, 2016

The professors are great and the idea of the curse too, they help you with the starting chat and through the personal introduction but i would like it to go a little bit further because professional discussions are more than basic phrases

By BOBIN G B

Jun 02, 2020

Very good course... It was really useful to know about word stress and rising and falling tones.. And pronunciation of words ending with - ed & - es et cetera..

Simple and easy to understand. Save the videos for future references.

By NAGENDER C

Apr 15, 2020

This course is very useful to me as I need to communicate with my students fluently ,effectively.The course instructor is so skilful and explained very good. thanks to the Georgia Institute of Technology and the course instructor.

By José A E C

Jul 30, 2020

I recoomend this course, I really like it. I learned a lot of new things so for me it was very helpful, I am not a native of the United States and this helped me to better understand how to improve my pronunciation and intonation.

By Muhammad B

Mar 15, 2016

Brief, to the point, and very useful tips for enhancing your professional language skills so quickly. I never thought this to be so easy but I really appreciate the simplicity of presentation to learn very novel skills.

Many Thanks

By Najma K S

Sep 23, 2020

The lecturers were super calm when they are explaining, the course itself use many direct practice using audio, and it helps me listen to my own pronunciation and review using others feedback on my assignments. Thank you so much!

By Swati

Sep 21, 2020

Great course, provided with some basic knowledge and skills to improve communication skills. Highly recommend it. Thanks to the instructor for easy learning and Coursera for providing such a great platform to enhance your skills.

By Nica J O

Oct 24, 2020

This course very challenge to all to from the start and until the end of this course and also I learn more how to communication to other how to speak right and clearly thank you hope I enroll again to this course soon God bless

By Valentina M R

Aug 03, 2020

this course is wonderfull , easy to understand, i took my lesons in many different places without problems, they made an amazing didactic material and by the way it´s a funny and nice way to learn, congratulations, amazing job.

By Ixchel P

Aug 28, 2020

¡Me encantó el curso! Aprendí bastante sobre cómo actuar en situaciones laborales con el idioma inglés y sobre todo, mejoré bastante mis habilidades en la lengua. La instructora fue muy amable y el curso muy ameno. ¡Excelente!

By David A F P

Jul 15, 2020

This is an extrordinary course, you are able to learn al lot of things or details, that maybe you dont know, its completely full of good information about communications skills, not only writing , speaking too, its incredible.

By MARTHA K

Sep 13, 2020

Being an ESL speaker, this course was useful for me, especially the body language and word and sentence stress modules. The course is well paced and neatly structured with a very pleasant tutor. I enjoyed doing this course.

By Issha S

Jun 05, 2020

Really an awesome course for learning how to speak english.Assigments in the course will definately tell you how to speak error free english .You should definately take this course if you want to learn how to speak english.

By Kanmani S

Apr 15, 2020

Hello, I am kanmani. I am so proud to be a student in this course session. And I have learned many things in this session. I will do my best in online coursera. Thank you for giving this wonderful opportunity. Thanks a lot.

By Kaviya R

One of the excellent course I have ever seen.Their assessments are really fantabulous to learn and understands our level in english.I recommend all to complete this course.This course presenters pronunciation is excellent.

By Khin S W

Aug 25, 2020

This course is very amazing. The instructor gives me valuable and benefit of the instructions and teaching method. I got an exceptional experience and important information. Thank you so much my instructor and Coursera.

By Felipe G T

Jul 16, 2020

I'll recommend this course to everyone who wants to learn more about this language. They gave you the information that you need to learn and the tools, but the only way to success this course, it's if you put your strive.

By Saúl M I

Excelente curso, para el estudiante que esta en la frontera de aprender a Hablar Inglés, te lleva a que desarrolles tus capacidades en las áreas del inicio del abordaje del inglés Real, En persona, por teléfono y en línea