Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

NM
May 2, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

GL
Jun 4, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

126 - 150 of 2,693 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Nazmun N

Had an wonderful experience in pursuing this course. Course instructor was very much helpful. I've learned many things from this course. Even I've become able to enhance my pronunciation skill and communication skill. I would suggest you to enrol in this course.

By GIUSEPPINA G

Sep 14, 2020

This course was very usefull for me. I finally well learned the correct pronunciation of some words. I really appreciate this course and I very enjoyed it. Thanks a lots to Amalia Stephens, a very professional and good teacher.

Best regards,

Giuseppina Greco

By Supun A

Aug 21, 2020

Very good course for people who have learnt English as their second language. Simple and important parts in day today professional English are taught in this course. Thank you for the instructor and Coursera platform for giving us this wonderful opportunity.

By Marcio S d S d J

Sep 30, 2020

This course can improve communication skills applied to the business field. It is a pretty good way to increase your chance in a competition. I have enjoyed the course and I probably will use the abilities learnt here in order to improve my current ones.

By Joana A d S F

Jul 12, 2020

I learned how to speak with confidence, better intonation, and how to get a better English interview. This course certainly teaches the correct way to speak on the phone. The exercises are very helpful to work on your confidence during a speech. Love it!

By Mahmoud S K

Aug 12, 2018

It's a very good course .

It'll help every non native speaker and makes him good communicator in English.

It gives you highlights to search and learn like( interview skills, presentation English pronouncing)

I believe that it's one of my best online courses

By Salman P

Jun 2, 2020

Excellent course , organised by Georgia institute of technology it help to improve communication skills on the phone, during interview, during video conferencing.i learnt lot from this course and invite you to join and improve your communication skills.

By Urvashi S

Oct 1, 2020

This is my first time learning online but I enjoyed it a lot. The learning of public speaking and telephone speaking becomes quite easy with such a course, Thanks to the professor of course. I am looking forward to more courses from the same institute.

By Preammie P

It's wonderful time to learn this course. I see my improvement and more confident in Speaking English. Thank you instructors and course mates. I appreciate your effort. Hope you will have bright future and shine in your own way. Good luck. Thank you.

By Md I U

it was really fun to learn with Amalia B.Stephens. She is an amazing teacher,no doubt about that. I really enjoyed the full course with her.Hope that ,one day I will attend her class physically.Lots of love and respect to her.

Iftekhar

Dhaka,Bangladesh

By Maria L V

Nov 15, 2020

I really recommend this course to all people who is working. This is really useful topic that needed to acquire each employee especially to whose working an office. A very helpful way to development our skills in talking and writing professionally.

By Cristi�n A G

Sep 5, 2020

Excellent course! I improved word stress, sentence stress, intonation, pronounciation, vocabulary, and fluency. Also, the course provides tips to use in situacions like short conversations, phone calls, meetings, interviews, pitchs/preseentations.

By Corazon S

Nov 29, 2020

This course is really a great help for me. It develops my confidence in speaking English professionally over the phone, online, and in person. It also corrects my pronunciation and tone of voice. Thank you Georgia Tech and all the Instructors.

By Rashid.M

Jun 5, 2020

You are awesome, you have been providing great communication skill to everyone irrespective of their resident, you have touched all the faces which may occur difficult when speaking,thank you geogia and thank you so much all the mentors behind.

By Hakan E K

Dec 7, 2016

I really appreciated for all your effort to created this classroom.This classroom helped me so much;in addition to this experience I am also very happy to attend your classroom.I have upgraded my confidence since I started to take this classroom.

By kr c p

May 9, 2020

They way they communicated and passed on information on everything is crisp and clear. Every individual with basic English proficiency can also improve his/her English within 6 weeks time. Thank you helping me to improve my communications skills

By Glenda L V R

Dec 5, 2020

Hi. In this course I have learned a lot about different strategies we have to use to when speaking in public. It also has helped me a lot to improve my pronuntiation in English. The videos are very clear and helpful. I really liked this course.

By Renniel M Y

May 1, 2020

I'd like to commend the creator/s of this course. I definitely learned a lot on improving my skill in speaking English professionally.

My recommendation is to give more sample and exercises for this course in the future. All in all, Good Job!

By Ojukwu G C

Jul 15, 2020

This course is great but I do not think it's ok to make non-English speakers of English speak English like English people. We have our accents and it's OK for it to be that way. We can't speak English perfectly; in terms of pronunciations.

By Casey M

Sep 29, 2018

I truly enjoyed learning how to communicate more effectively in different professional scenarios. The videos kept me engaged and gave me valuable information. Thanks to Georgia Tech for offering this online course with such high standards.

By EVGENII P S

Oct 2, 2020

I have really enjoyed to take this course and got to know more information about my second language which is English. I have gained a new knowledge about pronunciation, professional listening and having a productive business conversation.

By Luis A C R

May 14, 2016

The professors are great and the idea of the curse too, they help you with the starting chat and through the personal introduction but i would like it to go a little bit further because professional discussions are more than basic phrases

By Weerasinghe, S

Jun 7, 2021

I have learned many new things from this course. Enthought I am some what fluent in spoken English I have realized that still there are many more to add to my knowledge. Looking forward to join with Georgia Tech. for some other courses.

By Katarzyna K

Apr 4, 2021

The course was a well-organized knowledge pill. It also provided me with practical skills needed to hold successfull interactions. I also liked the additional resources that gave me lots of inspiration. I truly recommend the course.

By Amirah M

Mar 16, 2021

This is the right course to take if you want to improve or refresh on your presentation and public speaking skills during this pandemic. The peer-graded assignments were a little nerve-wracking but the suggestions were very helpful.