Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

NM

May 03, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

SR

Apr 27, 2017

This is a great course. I really learned a lot of things. And the instructions and teaching methods are easy to follow. I recommend it everyone who wants to improve their professional English skills.

151 - 175 of 1,132 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Mark M

Oct 31, 2016

Thank you so much guys for this initiative, Your are a great help most especially for people like me working in a call center.

By pranjita c

Mar 14, 2016

An awesome course to complete. really a great one. Helped me learn and polish my english skills to do better in my interviews.

By Karanjit S

This course let me learn many good things like how to positively reply in any conversation.

And also help to improve my accent

By Afra Z

May 15, 2020

It is great journy of mine.I have learnt many techniques to present myself more smartly and proffesinally.Hope for the best.

By M R

May 14, 2020

This is really very great ...Feeling so excited and happy

Marvelous thanks to Georgia Tech University, and my instructor ....

By Pulivarthi I

It is a good opportunity to learn English professionally

I am great full and feeling happy that I have learnt something new

By Laura

Apr 07, 2016

I liked so much this course! Very useful and helpful! Good tips and explanation. I loved moreover the additional resourses.

By Seelam S

Apr 09, 2020

This course improves you well and it also gives lot of information to get practiced and improve your language proficiency.

By Chonticha k

Apr 23, 2020

I really love this course, This course can improve my English communication skill. Thank you coursera and Georgia tech :)

By Moinuddin I S

Mar 14, 2019

Dear Madam,

Learning speaking in English was not so easy for me, but after studying with you its makes so simple.

By Mohamed M M U

Jan 20, 2017

It was a great opportunity for me that I could do this course. Because it helped me in great way in improving my English.

By Rymma M

May 09, 2020

I really liked the course. Gained useful knowledge and practical skills. Thank you to the organizer for the opportunity!

By Erhan T

Sep 24, 2018

Hi. The course is very useful I didn’t expect it. All of the videos essays and quizzes perfect. Thanks for your efforts.

By Juan O C R

Oct 31, 2016

Great course for learning and practicing communication skills in the english language as they relate to business topics.

By Osipova S

Thank you, dear teachers!

You have done everything possible to make us feel more confident in communicating in English.

By Iryna T

Apr 28, 2018

I highly recommend this course . My advice is to submit all the assignments, because practice makes perfect. Good luck.

By Tes T F

May 23, 2016

The English pronunciation and ethics (not that I don't have it), is improving my communication skills in the workplace.

By Lim S C

Feb 18, 2020

I am impressed with the course assignment which requires the student to record down their speech and submit it online.

By Kanak B

An awesome course for fluent english speaking for professional life, person to person, on the phone and presentation.

By Zaki B T Z T

Sep 16, 2018

Very well organized,simple to understand, a few quizzes as it doesn't focus on grammar bu speaking skills. Thank you!

By Maria A M D

Jun 10, 2016

I think everybody, even students that do not have money to pay, should have the possibility to do all the activities.

By Labzar C

Oct 30, 2017

It was a great experience ! I enjoyed learning english and the course was very interesting I recommend it ...Thank u

By Yi-Ching C

Jan 29, 2019

This lecture gives me much knowledge about English grammar, pronunciation, expression tips in English. Very useful!

By Alba C

May 24, 2017

Excellent course!! You can practice a lot your pronunciation and how to express yourself in a business environment.

By Youmna M S E

Nov 04, 2018

very very very useful and interesting i want to thank all of you about this i loved this try and i will to do more