Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

NM
May 2, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

GL
Jun 4, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

151 - 175 of 2,695 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By BOBIN G B

Jun 2, 2020

Very good course... It was really useful to know about word stress and rising and falling tones.. And pronunciation of words ending with - ed & - es et cetera..

Simple and easy to understand. Save the videos for future references.

By Nagender C

Apr 15, 2020

This course is very useful to me as I need to communicate with my students fluently ,effectively.The course instructor is so skilful and explained very good. thanks to the Georgia Institute of Technology and the course instructor.

By Margarita S

Jul 27, 2021

I have learned a lot and the content of the course is easy, practical, clear and allows you to repeat the videos and review if necessary. The people who explain do it very well. I absolutely adore Coursera and highly recommend it.

By José A E C

Jul 30, 2020

I recoomend this course, I really like it. I learned a lot of new things so for me it was very helpful, I am not a native of the United States and this helped me to better understand how to improve my pronunciation and intonation.

By Muhammad B

Mar 15, 2016

Brief, to the point, and very useful tips for enhancing your professional language skills so quickly. I never thought this to be so easy but I really appreciate the simplicity of presentation to learn very novel skills.

Many Thanks

By Najma K S

Sep 23, 2020

The lecturers were super calm when they are explaining, the course itself use many direct practice using audio, and it helps me listen to my own pronunciation and review using others feedback on my assignments. Thank you so much!

By Swati

Sep 21, 2020

Great course, provided with some basic knowledge and skills to improve communication skills. Highly recommend it. Thanks to the instructor for easy learning and Coursera for providing such a great platform to enhance your skills.

By nica o

Oct 24, 2020

This course very challenge to all to from the start and until the end of this course and also I learn more how to communication to other how to speak right and clearly thank you hope I enroll again to this course soon God bless

By Valentina M R

Aug 3, 2020

this course is wonderfull , easy to understand, i took my lesons in many different places without problems, they made an amazing didactic material and by the way it´s a funny and nice way to learn, congratulations, amazing job.

By Ixchel P

Aug 28, 2020

¡Me encantó el curso! Aprendí bastante sobre cómo actuar en situaciones laborales con el idioma inglés y sobre todo, mejoré bastante mis habilidades en la lengua. La instructora fue muy amable y el curso muy ameno. ¡Excelente!

By David A F P

Jul 15, 2020

This is an extrordinary course, you are able to learn al lot of things or details, that maybe you dont know, its completely full of good information about communications skills, not only writing , speaking too, its incredible.

By Martha K

Sep 13, 2020

Being an ESL speaker, this course was useful for me, especially the body language and word and sentence stress modules. The course is well paced and neatly structured with a very pleasant tutor. I enjoyed doing this course.

By Issha S

Jun 5, 2020

Really an awesome course for learning how to speak english.Assigments in the course will definately tell you how to speak error free english .You should definately take this course if you want to learn how to speak english.

By Kanmani S

Apr 15, 2020

Hello, I am kanmani. I am so proud to be a student in this course session. And I have learned many things in this session. I will do my best in online coursera. Thank you for giving this wonderful opportunity. Thanks a lot.

By Kaviya R

One of the excellent course I have ever seen.Their assessments are really fantabulous to learn and understands our level in english.I recommend all to complete this course.This course presenters pronunciation is excellent.

By Khin S W

Aug 25, 2020

This course is very amazing. The instructor gives me valuable and benefit of the instructions and teaching method. I got an exceptional experience and important information. Thank you so much my instructor and Coursera.

By Felipe G T

Jul 16, 2020

I'll recommend this course to everyone who wants to learn more about this language. They gave you the information that you need to learn and the tools, but the only way to success this course, it's if you put your strive.

By Saúl M I

Excelente curso, para el estudiante que esta en la frontera de aprender a Hablar Inglés, te lleva a que desarrolles tus capacidades en las áreas del inicio del abordaje del inglés Real, En persona, por teléfono y en línea

By Otoniel D O

Oct 21, 2020

This a great, useful and practical English course that challenges people to go beyond of the traditional speaking learning. I am grateful and satisfied with the quality and professionalism of the contents and activities.

By MD. M U

May 6, 2020

I am very glad to be part of this course. The course adviser is great. Her teaching method is marvelous. I am very happy to do this course. This is gonna help me in my career. Everyone should take this course. Thank you.

By Atul S

May 6, 2020

Great course to learn good communication skill set. It starts from scratch and slowly improves so that learner can not understand that he/she learned so many things in a nice way.

Thank you for the such a great teachers,

By Beenu S

May 14, 2021

I am very happy to join with Georgia Tech to improve my fluency in English. It have been worked more than I thought. Now I'm confident with speaking English in all official and personal situations. Thank you so much!

By Abraham S L R

Mar 11, 2021

Me gustó mucho el curso, vemos cosas que en un curso convencional de escuela nunca veerías, como cuestiones de pronunciación en ciertas situaciones. Definitivamente lo recomiendo al 100%, me dejó muchos aprendizajes.

By Douaa S

Oct 26, 2020

It was my first experience having an online course and it was amazing.

I liked the idea and it encouraged me to keep on learning online.

All the courses were clear and the assignments were valuable.

I really appreciate.

By Shahenda M T

Nov 30, 2020

I enjoyed the course alot. I was really fun and the educational material was very satisfying. I improved more and more in pronouncing and stress words. I learned fun facts that are really useful. Thank you so much.