Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

NM

May 03, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

GL

Jun 05, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

176 - 200 of 1,768 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Prayag R D

Jun 21, 2020

It gives me confidence to speak English. It improves my group discussion skills, interview skills, presentation skills and telephonic and online conversation.

By N H P

Jun 11, 2020

It is a great course. The materials are very good that they are very important to speak professionally.you should try this and it will be very helpful for you.

By Владислав Г

Apr 03, 2016

It really helps me to improve my english skills! That's why I recommend everybody to pass through this course (especially, if you have an intermediate level).

By BRINDHA R

Jun 08, 2020

It's very interesting and easy too.I have learned a lot from this course. It's my first course in coursera and I m very happy for taking this course! Tnk u!

By NIKHIL M

This course helped me a lot, I've learned so many techniques for the betterment of my communication skills and one on one interactions. Thank you, Coursera.

By Dilara

Apr 24, 2020

I really enjoyed during this and earned important knowledge about speaking in English.Also,instructor is very positive it's important for me.Great course...

By chris

Aug 08, 2016

this is a great course... i learned to express myself in a proper manner so i sound more professional on the phone since my job requires to take/make calls.

By Hasan H A

Jan 14, 2020

I like it, so helpful.

the most thing is so easy,focus on what student needs to improve his English

and the best is the different scenes in 1 video.

thanks

By Ashok B

Jun 13, 2020

I really learn many new techniques which will help me in my professional life. Though I'm learning English for 12 years I have learned many new things.

By Andrew D Y

Apr 20, 2016

I am really get advantage from this course and start to use new things that I have learnt and will continue the specialization.

By Nazmus S S

Apr 04, 2020

To be honest, I learned a lot from this course. I was not really sure, how much I will learn from this one. But it turned out the content is very good.

By Rinson J

Jul 27, 2016

our professor is excellant in communication and she got an unique style of communication which i will surely try to implement in my communications too!!

By Jay P

Jul 14, 2020

Anyone whose English is second language can take this course and improve their verbal skills. and it is designed very well. The trainers are very good.

By Samudrala K

This is an excellent course where we are able to learn lot of skills and by completing this course we are able to communicate professionally in English

By ALONSO A M

May 07, 2020

Excellent Course , Good Teachers and very interesting content! Improve my englsih and learn new things thank you very much, apprecit your time and your

By Aiswarya V R

May 03, 2020

The trainer is really amazing and content also meaningful for me. I could an opportunity to explore unknown information in the Spoken English Platform.

By Olga K

May 07, 2016

I liked this course. It was very interesting and informative. This course contains many practical exercises and it really helped me in English. Thanks!

By RMN R B

Jul 09, 2020

actually this is a great spoken English course. Throughout this course, I could improve my vocabulary, pronunciation, and many more important skills.

By Gerges W H

Sep 13, 2019

it was amazing course , i enjoyed so much specially by recording my self and reviewing my mates , it makes me more sociable .

really thanks so much .

By Jannatul f a

Aug 04, 2020

It was very amazing experience for me when doing this course.I am really grateful for giving me such an opportunity to develop my English speaking.

By Alice Z P D

Jul 30, 2020

Very good course! I've learned a lot and I'm confident that the knowledge that I acquired will help me to be more prepared in professional journey.

By Anu M

Jul 08, 2020

This course consists of verities of resources that help non native English speakers to improve their pronunciation, pitch, intonation, stress, etc.

By Menna M M

Nov 21, 2016

Amazing ! I really love this course , thanks very much ,you help me create my future and improve myself as it is my first step thanks again

-Menna-

By Humaid S H A

This course is a great and I got more useful things to improve my English. I would like to thanking a great teacher who presented by good methods.

By Mayar M

Aug 03, 2017

It was wonderful.

I finished it in one week easy and not boring I recommend all to take it and improve their English skills.

Coursera is the best.