Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

SR

Apr 27, 2017

This is a great course. I really learned a lot of things. And the instructions and teaching methods are easy to follow. I recommend it everyone who wants to improve their professional English skills.

SE

Aug 15, 2019

really I'm very enthusiastic in this course , the instructor gives me an important information which I didn't heard before , I'm very glade to this .\n\nthank to my instructor and thanks coursera <3

101 - 125 of 736 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Lim S C

Feb 18, 2020

I am impressed with the course assignment which requires the student to record down their speech and submit it online.

By Zaki B T Z T

Sep 16, 2018

Very well organized,simple to understand, a few quizzes as it doesn't focus on grammar bu speaking skills. Thank you!

By Maria A M D

Jun 10, 2016

I think everybody, even students that do not have money to pay, should have the possibility to do all the activities.

By Labzar C

Oct 30, 2017

It was a great experience ! I enjoyed learning english and the course was very interesting I recommend it ...Thank u

By Yi-Ching C

Jan 29, 2019

This lecture gives me much knowledge about English grammar, pronunciation, expression tips in English. Very useful!

By Alba C

May 24, 2017

Excellent course!! You can practice a lot your pronunciation and how to express yourself in a business environment.

By Youmna M S E

Nov 04, 2018

very very very useful and interesting i want to thank all of you about this i loved this try and i will to do more

By Waleed A

Jul 29, 2018

very informative course, and I definitely learned a lot of useful stuff .

Appreciate the Instructors' hard work ^_^

By Dania N

Oct 02, 2018

Clear and short. Loved it. The instructor is so engaging and easy to use understand. Very well organized. Kuddos!

By Feng L

May 26, 2016

This course is very useful for me. All the materials shown in the course are practical. I can use them directly.

By Antonio I C A

May 03, 2019

It is a very useful course to improve my English skills to communicate easier with my colleagues.

Thanks a lot.

By Yodatao W

Apr 07, 2020

I really enjoyed this class. I have learned so much and I am not afraid to speak up. Thank you for the class.

By Aman T

Jan 12, 2020

It was a great learning experience for me which helped me to better my vocabulary and English speaking skills

By Jon Y Y

Aug 05, 2019

No great feedbacks, mostly students want to get it over with. All feedbacks are mostly :"Good", "Nice", etc..

By nour o

Aug 22, 2019

Thanks Coursera 💖 thanks teachers 💖 you are great.

I learned many things from this course,and it's useful.

By Thales S d S

Nov 30, 2016

I'm totally in love to learn how are the most interesting ways to get a good communication in every context.

By Giovany L I

Jun 01, 2016

Great experience and the teacher explains very well, she is so persuasive, so keep doing!

Greetings from Peru

By Jaco E

Jul 20, 2016

In ONE English word: EXCELLENT. I could have not found and enjoyed a language based course more than this.

By Djonata J H

Jun 03, 2016

Very useful and easy to understand. If you have some free time, use it in a smart way taking these classes.

By 邢浩

Apr 10, 2016

It's a great course, and i got a lot of useful skills from it. Thanks the two beautiful teachers very much.

By lupontor83

Mar 04, 2020

I have learned a lot of tips and I really enjoyed doing this course. Very good teachers and explanations.

By Копань Е

Nov 10, 2019

Really usage information and interestig hometask! Break a leg to everyone who just plans to get involved.

By Chau B L

Mar 18, 2016

i find it totally helpful to me. I can not only practice my speaking skill, but also my listening skill.

By Anand K s

Jun 02, 2019

I really learn a great thing about speak English in different situations.

Thank you Coursera once again.

By Layal R

Sep 21, 2018

it's agreat cource.i learned how to pronounce well and how to speak concidering body language.