Back to Sports Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sports Marketing by Northwestern University

Today, there is demand for people skilled in Sports Marketing. Organizations want your expertise to strength and grow customer bases and teams want to enlarge their fan base, attract new sponsors to their sport, build strong programs with existing sponsors, and run their fan conventions and other events. In addition, a wide range of companies recognize the value sports relationships have in positioning and building their brands. In this Sports Marketing MOOC, you will learn: — Ticket pricing strategies — How a crisis might happen in sport — How all types of companies are using sports to enhance and position their brands — How to promote and market a sporting event — How to develop sponsorships — How to use social media to grow your team’s follower base and promote your sporting events, conferences and conventions The Sports Marketing MOOC was created by Professor Candy Lee of Northwestern’s Medill School of Journalism and Integrated Marketing Communications. She is joined by experts in the many specialty topics important to Sports Marketing....

DS

Jul 14, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, it was very informative and easy to follow. The videos were clear and the graded sections were great. The course as a whole was enjoyable and would recommend to others.

JJ

Jan 28, 2020

I am really into this lesson that is a practical subject that could be easily learned. and also, Assignments are a nice way to apply the knowledge from the course, I hope it has an advanced lesson.

26 - 50 of 218 Reviews for Sports Marketing

By Tal A B

Jun 17, 2020

This was truly a fantastic course as it exposes you to the monumental influence marketing has in the world of sports. It has an array of interviews from respectable experts within the industry, who provide great insight into the module topics. I also enjoyed the peer-graded assignments since they allow you to be creative while practicing the concepts of writing a press release and planning a loyalty program.

By jinichiro s

Jul 16, 2020

Thank you so much Ms. Lee!! This was a heck of a great course. I have had a curiosity in Sports Business in last couple of years, but I couldn't find out how to learn. This program just made my dream come true, and probably would help my career. It was fun to study in any module and video. Learning from people already have lots of experience in this business, getting more will to learn. Thank you, again!!

By Mohamed N Y

Jul 04, 2020

This course is very important for anyone who wants to learn sports marketing fundamentals, also there are a lot of topics covered in this course with a set of skills needed for sports marketer like crisis management, events management, and how to write a press release. There are an interesting interviews with different stakeholders in the sports field.

By Tarun K

Jun 08, 2020

very well designed course curriculum with a real-time syllabus, and both the assignment are also good, overall I can say that a many more I can understand about the sports marketing and being a teacher I am sure that with this course I can easily teach students seeking a career in sports marketing. thanx Coursera

By Away N

Jun 10, 2020

I enjoy this online course really match during this quarantine period. The contents enriched my knowlegde of Sports Marketing and help me to understand the prinicples to marketing such as 5P. Will think about further study in this area for higher level. Thanks!

By Rodrigo F

My first time studying online and I find it very interesting. It's both easy to follow and deep in knowledge in the area - I work in the PR industry for 20 years and I learned a lot from this course. Congralutations for all Northwest University Team

By chetan s

If you love sports, you would love this one (even if it doesn't have any academic/professional relevance for you) . Lot of interesting write ups and videos giving insights into working of sports organizations/brands/persons'. Really enjoyed it,

By Francisco L

Jul 21, 2020

A great way to learn about the sports industry. I believe the use of interviews throughout de course help present different points of view in the subject, thereby showing students a in depth experience of what a sports professional does.

By Christopher A

Jun 14, 2020

Really informative, and helped broaden my understanding in sports marketing. As someone who is currently enrolled in public relations, with hopes to someday work in the sports field of it - this course has really taught me a lot.

By Anirudh k

Aug 28, 2020

ITS A WONDERFUL COURSE THAT PROVIDES A GREAT DEAL OF INFORMATION ABOUT THE SPORTING INDUSTRY AND HOW IT IS A BUSINESS AS WELL AS AN ENTERTAINMENT PLATFORM.THE INTERVIEWS ,LECTURES ,EXAMPLES AND CONTENT IS WORLD CLASS.

By Jose E M

Apr 15, 2020

Good program that allows you to have an introduction and a global vision of the sports business. Highly recommended for those who work in the industry and for those who want to break into the world of sports business

By Jan T

It's a really well designed program that also gives some interesting insights for industry professionals. The structure is really comprehensive and there's a lot of really good reading material integrated.

By Patricia A P G

May 05, 2020

Excelente curso de iniciación de Sports Marketing. Buen contenido y evaluaciones en las que pones en práctica lo aprendido. Recomendado para aquellos que buscan ampliar su campo laboral en esta área.

By David S

Jul 14, 2020

By Betsy B

This was a comprehensive and informative course. So grateful to have had the guidance of Dr Candy Lee. Each module was in depth, provided great lectures and reading to support the teaching.

By Vasilis S

Oct 16, 2019

A great course from a great instructor. As a professional in sports journalism and industry for 25 years, I can tell that I found lessons to be accurate and in more depth than expected.

By Sebastian L

Jul 17, 2020

Curso muy completo, abarca los aspectos más relevantes y variados dentro del marketing deportivo. Ideal para que los interesados tengan una perspectiva completa del marketing deportivo

By Luke D

Sep 09, 2020

An amazing experience for someone looking to become involved in the world of sport. Exciting, informative and meaningful course. I loved it. Thank you Northwestern University!

By Joy N

Jul 30, 2020

Had a great course, litteraly i was learned a lot of things about sport& sponsorship marketing sales retail brands & all.. Each & every videos should teach good things&stuff..

By Ollen S

Aug 03, 2020

This course gave me strategical approaches to case studied I may not of thought of on my own. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in sports marketing.

By Maria S

Jun 08, 2020

Absolutely loved this course! Professor Lee, thank you so much for taking the time to develop relevant and engaging curriculum, including informative guest speakers.

By Rushabh S

Jun 02, 2020

It was an amazing course. I learned so much and now I am hoping to use this certification to pursue a new career in sports marketing. Thank you for all of your help.

By Mateus V A

Aug 26, 2019

Very nice course. Full of interesting contents and good interviews with people who works with the subjects of the course. You can really learn a lot by completing it

By Alejandro S

Aug 24, 2020

Loved it! Although it is not a subject I have knowledge about as I am a physician, the whole six weeks were very understandable and fun to watch. Very reccomended!

By Jamie M

Oct 21, 2019

Lots of reading material as well as interviews from people in the industry! The peer reviewing is helpful and I love that the course can be done at your own pace.