Back to English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in improving their English skills in the sciences. In this course, you will explore some of the most innovative areas of scientific study, while expanding your vocabulary and the language skills needed to share scientific information within your community. In unit 1, you will learn how to preview texts and practice some of the language used to make comparisons when talking about global warming and climate change. In unit 2, you will examine the chemistry of climate change and the language of cause and effect. In Unit 3, you will learn about some of the impacts of Climate Change and the language used to describe these effects. In Unit 4, you will learn reading strategies that can help you explore the science behind some new energy systems. In the final unit, you will investigate practical advances in Nanotechnology that help slow down climate change, while developing your own research skills in English. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

UU

Apr 08, 2018

Great efforts are done to design the course.It was really effective and informative course.It was amazing to know about different renewable resources and technologies discussed in the course.

MA

Jul 20, 2018

A very fruitful course in knowledge and language.\n\nI also benefit from the style you use on your videos .\n\nI use some sites such as quizlet.\n\nI got 92.4 % . Thank you very much.

26 - 50 of 285 Reviews for English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

By Tran N H N

Jan 26, 2019

this is not only useful for non English-speaking country, but this also provide a supportive English-learning environment.

By Sandy Y

Feb 24, 2019

This course is so great, I've learned so much from it. I've learn how to read STEM articles, how to write essays, how to present my thinking, and so forth. I really recommend this course to anyone who intend to step into college or academic area.

By Iryna A

Feb 24, 2019

Very interesting course! Thank you for sharing your knowledge! This topic is very important! Thank you for your work!

By Samyog C

Feb 28, 2019

good

By Nab R P

Mar 23, 2019

This is course to have a diversified look into the use of English language.

By Yati S

Feb 02, 2019

I've got so many knowledge from this course.

By Kyoung H Y

T

By Cindy J N

Mar 04, 2019

I would like to recommend this to my friends and relatives too. I learned a lot in this course.

By Maha N E

Mar 04, 2019

This course is very useful ,added to my knowledge a lot , made me aware of the changes which are happening around us and encouraged me to make change in my lifestyle and be a part of the solution to help our environment to get better. Thanks

By ZHOU K

Mar 13, 2019

Challenging enough and full of materials.

By Aalok G

Jan 05, 2019

Really amazing course. Really a helpful course for students.

By Learnerk

Dec 22, 2018

It is a really good course for me. It will help me to know in the field of STEM.

By Dennis Q H

Dec 23, 2018

I am so pleased with this course. I have learned a lot. Thank you very much :)

By Artur F S d O

Jan 21, 2019

Best course

By Biligtsan B

Dec 10, 2018

good

By Leonardo A

Jul 11, 2018

I think this course is special for understand the clima change, very good.

By Abd E E

Sep 23, 2018

very good course

By TALBI M

Sep 23, 2018

A very good cours

By Jerome H

Aug 30, 2018

This is a very good course for STEM learners and those who are teaching English to STEM students.

By Whegang Y S

Nov 11, 2018

I really enjoyed the course. All steps including videos and practice readings were useful. I learned the impact of climate change and how human could contribute in reducing the release of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. I learned great on nanotechnology and how scientists are involved in testing new materials to increase the renewable energy system. And how new discoveries will change the human life across the world. Thank you!

By Trần N T

Nov 20, 2018

Thanks a lot the author.

By Mohamed H A

Jul 20, 2018

A very fruitful course in knowledge and language.

I also benefit from the style you use on your videos .

I use some sites such as quizlet.

I got 92.4 % . Thank you very much.

By Sérgio d A A

Oct 01, 2018

Curso excelente com muito conteúdo interessante ensinado de forma criativa e descontraida. Excelentes professores também.

By Iwan P

May 13, 2018

Great course, I enjoy it.

By Jaime Á

Jun 12, 2017

Pretty accessible and quite informative, completely recomendable for everybody at all levels of english or science knowledge.