Back to English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in improving their English skills in the sciences. In this course, you will explore some of the most innovative areas of scientific study, while expanding your vocabulary and the language skills needed to share scientific information within your community. In unit 1, you will learn how to preview texts and practice some of the language used to make comparisons when talking about global warming and climate change. In unit 2, you will examine the chemistry of climate change and the language of cause and effect. In Unit 3, you will learn about some of the impacts of Climate Change and the language used to describe these effects. In Unit 4, you will learn reading strategies that can help you explore the science behind some new energy systems. In the final unit, you will investigate practical advances in Nanotechnology that help slow down climate change, while developing your own research skills in English. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

UU

Apr 08, 2018

Great efforts are done to design the course.It was really effective and informative course.It was amazing to know about different renewable resources and technologies discussed in the course.

MA

Jul 20, 2018

A very fruitful course in knowledge and language.\n\nI also benefit from the style you use on your videos .\n\nI use some sites such as quizlet.\n\nI got 92.4 % . Thank you very much.

101 - 125 of 318 Reviews for English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

By KOBBI M

Dec 08, 2019

It was very well organized and rich in technical informations and grammer rules.

By Sandra J

Jul 04, 2017

I recommend this course, because I could increase my english vocabulary and improve in my english skill.

By Yue X

Jul 11, 2017

I have learned many Englih skills and knowledge about environment. It's very practical and instructive!

By 陳禾森

Oct 16, 2019

This is a very good course for an engineer who needs to improve the skill of listening and presenting.

By Aliosha G

May 19, 2017

Es un curso muy bueno para mejorar nuestras habilidades en inglés y conocer vocabulario especializado.

By AL-MUNTASER B A A N A

Jun 30, 2019

Thinks a lot for this coursera . It give me alot of Information and knowledge . I am grateful to you.

By ALLENETTE M B C

Dec 11, 2018

knowledgeable and refreshing course. I am learning insights on how to help lessen the global warming.

By Michel W N

Oct 02, 2017

Excelente, extremamente instrutivo tanto no sentido técnico quanto no sentido informativo. Recomendo.

By Carol L

Jan 10, 2019

I really like how professionals were the instructors and the tematic addressed: the climate change!

By Maria E M

Sep 17, 2017

Es un curso muy agradable y amigable, nada aburrido, hay diferente tipo de actividades a realizar.

By Jerome H

Aug 30, 2018

This is a very good course for STEM learners and those who are teaching English to STEM students.

By José R I

Jul 13, 2019

Excellent course! Perfect for improving the English of those of us who are not English speakers

By Cindy J N

Mar 04, 2019

I would like to recommend this to my friends and relatives too. I learned a lot in this course.

By FRANCISCO B D Q

Jul 04, 2018

if you're looking for new vocabulary and ideas about our planet this is a good place to start.

By Bruno A d S S

Jul 23, 2017

Is a Great Course, helped me to Discovery new vocabularies and learnt about the Environment!!

By Alan I B

Jul 12, 2017

This course is really good! I find it very clarifying and objective. I personally recommend.

By Tyrone M

Jul 23, 2017

I like so much this online course, I will be waiting and looking for this kind of courses.

By Tathiana M

Jul 08, 2017

Amazing course, I learned a lot about climate change and my English has improved a lot!

By Jorge M

Apr 26, 2018

Excellent course, I recommend it to learn about climate change and improve English!

By Pamela M

Aug 13, 2019

I really enjoyed learning new vocabulary and how to use certain grammar structures

By alaliaa r

Oct 28, 2017

very good course to get scientific informations and to learn english for beginners

By Salar B

Jul 28, 2017

A well designed and professionally introduced course from highly graded University

By Kaung S T

Dec 22, 2018

It is a really good course for me. It will help me to know in the field of STEM.

By Hosam E N

Sep 19, 2017

Great Content both technical (about climate change) and language wise.

thank you.

By Dennis J Q H

Dec 23, 2018

I am so pleased with this course. I have learned a lot. Thank you very much :)