Back to Strategic Innovation: Building and Sustaining Innovative Organizations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Strategic Innovation: Building and Sustaining Innovative Organizations by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Innovation strategy is about creating unique value for consumers by delivering a great product that satisfies their needs and capturing value back from consumers. At the core of a successful innovation strategy is a great product concept. Product is an all-encompassing term that includes physical goods, intangible services, and even ideas. There are three pillars to a successful product strategy: a clear understanding of (a) the target customers (WHO), (b) the specific elements of the product offering (WHAT) that satisfies consumer needs and dovetails with company capabilities, and (c) the tactical plans to reach end consumers (HOW). The value proposition has to be embedded in a coherent business model in order to create and capture value. But well-laid innovation plans can go awry without a consideration of the business ecosystem that includes competitors, collaborators, including suppliers, distributors, and retailers, or the contextual environment in which the company operates. In an interdependent world, fostering an integrated ecosystem is critically important for companies interested in maximizing the odds of innovation success. Drawing from many years of research, this course will offer a set of frameworks, tools, and concepts in order to develop innovative strategies in a holistic way so as to achieve leadership positions....

GA

Jan 11, 2020

An excellent course.\n\nI am trying to complete it as soon as possible since I am busy with my work and MBA study. Then I have a plan to start with another course on my list.\n\nThanks to all the team

T

Nov 05, 2019

I very much enjoyed completing my first course in coursera! It was very convenient with my schedule and I will be continuing these courses until I receive full completion in this particular course.

1 - 25 of 48 Reviews for Strategic Innovation: Building and Sustaining Innovative Organizations

By Swapnil D

Jun 24, 2019

I absolutely liked this course. The content is very relevant and is well paced for self-learning. I would highly recommend to anyone who wants to understand strategic innovation.

By Tommaso L P

Jan 02, 2019

I would like to thank the organisers of the course for the overall outstanding quality of the course. The content is very informative and goes straight to the point. It is perfect as an introduction to the essentials of strategic innovation. I really appreciated the extensive use of examples, it helped not only to efficiently assimilate the concepts but also to view popular brands in a very different way! As for criticism, I would only suggest to add descriptions under the slides for each module, so that reviewing the classes can be easier. Thanks again!

By Michelle J

Nov 25, 2017

University of Illinois Coursera has some of the best MOOC courses with a global reach and diverse teachers who are experts in their fields. Highly recommended for entrepreneurs, business leaders, and those with a business and non-business major background.

By Peter v B

Jan 10, 2019

Great course, with good academic course material, supported with very nice examples. The teacher Raj Echambadi explains it all very clear on a nice and funny way. I also really enjoyed the assignments.

Keep up the good work University of Illinois!

By Timothy A A

Nov 05, 2019

By Gilnei J L

Feb 21, 2019

The course is great! The product cycle, business model and the tool that this Innovation course offers makes total sense and are useful to help you track your way to success on innovation segment.

By GAMAL A

Jan 11, 2020

An excellent course.

Thanks to all the team

By Ajeeth A

Oct 04, 2019

Great introductory material to those unfamiliar to business concepts. Great examples and structure to the course, I highly recommend this to all prospective learners.

By M M

May 20, 2017

One of the better courses I've taken. Combined with UIUC live sessions (for iMBA students), the content makes even more sense and has much better relevance.

By Treasure L R

Apr 11, 2018

This is an excellent course. The material is helpful and Dr. Echambadi does an excellent job at breaking down key concepts and giving ample examples.

By Alejandra A A

May 13, 2019

The course provides valuable insights and tools with which get to a better understanding of the process of sustainable innovation and competition.

By Josh M

Feb 19, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. The content is presented well and the examples are well chosen. I can't wait to dive back in to the next course.

By Benjamin D

Jun 06, 2018

Every point throughout the lessons were followed by a great example. The examples brought all ideas home for me.

By Chris J

Nov 29, 2019

I am beginning to see everyday problems in the context of innovation, and the course is already paying off.

By Steven M

Aug 28, 2018

Exceptionally helpful and interesting class! Great content, engaging instructor, and well produced videos.

By Janis D

Aug 20, 2019

Good lecturer and many usefull examples. Good, interesting language. Almoust no blablabla

By Kyoung H P

Apr 15, 2019

This class is an innovative course! I enjoyed a lot during taking the course!

By Mariana I

Sep 17, 2018

Good course to start understanding how innovation works and its impact.

By Giacomo M

Oct 07, 2019

Good course, proper contents fit in the right time frame and packages.

By Naveen S

Mar 17, 2019

Great Faculty, information, knowledge. Thanks to you and to Coursera!

By Randy R

May 07, 2019

Professor Love does an outstanding job with this course! Excellent!

By Andriy V

Apr 22, 2019

Amazing professors, amazing content, well worth your time!

By Pierre L

Apr 10, 2018

Great course! One of the best course of the iMBA program.

By Vinicio D S

Apr 10, 2019

Great course for understanding Strategic Innovation

By Jeff H

Apr 09, 2018

I absolutely loved this course! Highly recommended.