Back to Supply Chain Logistics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supply Chain Logistics by Rutgers the State University of New Jersey

Have you ever wondered how goods get delivered to us so quickly as soon as we order them? One word: Logistics! In this introductory Supply Chain Logistics course, I will take you on a journey to this fascinating backbone of global trade. We cover the three major building blocks of logistics networks: transportation, warehousing, and inventory. After completing this course, you will be able to differentiate the advantages and disadvantages of different modes of transportation. You will understand what goes into designing and setting up a warehousing facility. Finally, you will be able to select the options that enable you to develop logistics networks, that minimize costs and deliver top customer service. This is an introductory course designed to provide you with a start on your learning journey in logistics. You do not need to have any background in logistics, but it would be beneficial if you had a basic understanding of business concepts. Join me and we will learn together about logistics! Interested in learning advanced supply chain topics? Check out the Supply Chain Excellence MasterTrack™ Certificate: https://www.coursera.org/mastertrack/supply-chain-excellence-rutgers...

SW
Feb 1, 2018

This course was well organized, provided necessary learning materials, and hands-on learning experiences. I would highly recommend this course to others interested in learning supply chain logistics.

LB
Nov 22, 2020

Very informative! the assignments are discussed before performing, supportive and responsive community. Very entertaining professor with real life references in the video lectures. Highly recommended

76 - 100 of 1,785 Reviews for Supply Chain Logistics

By Siddarth A

Apr 17, 2018

The topics covered in this course were extensive and thorough. The assignments were well thought out and ensured that the concepts learned over the course of 4 weeks were well and duly implemented. Learnt a lot from this course and I am looking forward to completing the other courses offered in this specialization.

By Aloof H

Dec 1, 2020

It's just great; I learned so much. Not only that; The way the course is set up, the tests at the end of each chapter and not to forget the evaluation of the classmates make it a great learning experience

I also have to thank you for granting me financial aid

I'm also about to take the next course

By Dayang F A I H

Aug 24, 2020

The course is very structured and easy to follow. It gave basic ideas on warehouse, transportation and the overall structure of logistic networking. The set up of the quiz and assignment is based on real life situation and at the same time other skills such as creating maps using google map. Recommended course!

By Saber A

Dec 27, 2017

Learning was really amazing, specially online teaching method and other resources were so helpful, I appreciate Coursera team for building this great online learning platform for all walk of people, students, business person, specially for all those who cannot organize to go physical classes. All the best

By Asaduzzaman S

Apr 28, 2021

The course was very useful. I learned a lot about logistics and also soft skills related to working in a team and individually. Professor Dr. Rudolf Leuschner was a good lecturer who seemed like he genuinely understood what was going on in our lives and was very candid throughout the course of the class.

By Swaditraj K

Sep 19, 2020

This course was very good and has given an enriching learning experience. The mode of teaching is unique as they give interesting assignments that gives a good knowledge and a strong foundation. I recommend doing this course for beginners and those who wish to pursue a career in supply chain management.

By Jubair K

Jul 13, 2020

This course is very helpful regarding enhancing my already existing knowledge about supply chain logistics. The course teaches about the fundamentals of a logistics network. I believe that the course materials and the assignments provided me with a more thorough knowledge about supply chain logistics.

By Andrew E N

Oct 13, 2020

The course has been very enlightening. It has undoubtedly placed me in the position to not only appreciate the rudiments of supply chain logistics, but also with the tools and skills required to actually execute them in the field of supply chain management. The instructor has been phenomenal as well.

By Raul L K

Apr 7, 2020

The course was really good. Professor Leuschner was very fortunate when creating all the content for the matter. It is very easy to see and feel the subject's dominion by Mr. Leuschner as he translates it in a very soft way for his e-students. I will definitely recommend this course to my colleagues.

By Mohammed S

Mar 8, 2020

This course is very useful. The four models and links recommended by the instructor are rich in knowledge for anyone who wants to develop his career in logistic supply and chain. in addition to the process follow in Supply chain logistics, shipping INCOTERMS is one of the useful topics that I learned

By CRISPUS R R R

Aug 5, 2020

This course helped me understand the logistics process, the warehousing and importance along with how the inventory is managed and should be maintained in detail. The course was very interesting, makes you confident in this topic and easy to grasp the whole Logistics Network and its working.

By Daniel S

Mar 14, 2020

This course though an intermediary one has given me great insight into what logistics is all about. Focusing on the 3 tenets (if I can say that) of logistics - Transportation, Warehousing and Inventory. I will encourage anyone who wants to get an idea of what logistics is to try this course.

By Van T

May 10, 2021

This course has provided me with basic knowledge of logistics such as differenteans of transportation, inventory calculation, warehouse design and how to make them all connected in a single logistics network. The Professor is really passionate and fun. This is a great learning experience!

By John P O

Sep 12, 2020

This course came at the right time for me, I really had fun learning this course! It has helped me to think strategically in designing logistic network and implementing decisions. I believe this is one of the keys to having an effective and efficient solution in supply chain managment.

By Rahul S M

Apr 18, 2020

The course is very relevant to Industrial/Operations/Management professionals. The instructor explains the thing very well, and everything is best viz. knowledge, explanation, examples, practicality, etc. Thanks a lot to the instructor (Prof. Rudolf Leuschner) for designing the course.

By Charles A H

Apr 13, 2021

This was an outstanding course with a lot of great things to learn for novices and experienced professionals alike. I highly recommend working through the entire Supply Chain Management specialization courses. Rudolf Leuschner, Ph.D. is very knowledgable and enjoyable to learn from.

By Rahul N

Apr 3, 2020

My result for this course is still not out but I want to share with the team and fellow students that its the best way to earn knowledge and certificate , this course has actually given me bigger picture of supply chain logistics which I was not getting from my on the job activities .

By Thihan H

Aug 21, 2020

I was learning with Financial aid for this course and it was deserved to learn with our full intention. The lecturer instructions were clear and the assignments were effective. For those who are interested in learn supply chain, this course will be the first step.

Thihan Htut

Myanmar.

By Mihir D

Aug 10, 2020

Very interesting approach towards teaching. Challenging and interesting assignments. The course deals with the basics of Logistics about how it takes place. It talks about warehouse locations, safety stock needs and similar stuff. Very nice course to start off your interest in SCM.

By Saqib R M

Apr 20, 2020

First of all, Thank you so much to Coursera and Rutgers University to provide me an opportunity to complete this course. This course is very informative to understand the basics of Supply Chain Logistics. I recommend this course to all those learners who are at the beginner's stage.

By Janice F

Sep 23, 2020

I found this course very useful, as I have chosen this as my major in college. This will give me a boost and a better understanding in Logistics as well. Thankyou to the professor for an informative course! It is very useful and you gain knowledge oh how it works in the industry.

By Siti N b S

Nov 23, 2020

I like the teaching approach used by the lecturer as it is more relaxing and the basic knowledge is easy to understand. For a newbie in supply chain logistics world like me, this course succeed in providing me with a clear surface in understanding the terms and concepts in it.

By Ambrose S

Jul 2, 2020

Studying this has availed me the opportunity to learn how to build logistics network.

Why warehouse location is essential in supply chain logistics.

I learnt warehouse design

I gained new skills on different mode of transportation and why each is necessary and when each is needed

By Kanchan P

Aug 23, 2018

Best course I have ever found on Supply Chain Management. It covered depth required to understand the end to end cycle for Supply Chain Transportation, Warehousing and Strategic decision making for planning the entire Logistics Network. Thanks for making such courses for us :)

By T V

Jun 26, 2020

A Fantastic course for Supply chain Management lovers.This course is really practical as we compare it with other courses in Coursera. The Peer reviews and assignments are really challenging and excellent.Now,I am almost covered up in this topic after doing this course....