Back to Supply Chain Logistics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supply Chain Logistics by Rutgers the State University of New Jersey

Have you ever wondered how goods get delivered to us so quickly as soon as we order them? One word: Logistics! In this introductory Supply Chain Logistics course, I will take you on a journey to this fascinating backbone of global trade. We cover the three major building blocks of logistics networks: transportation, warehousing, and inventory. After completing this course, you will be able to differentiate the advantages and disadvantages of different modes of transportation. You will understand what goes into designing and setting up a warehousing facility. Finally, you will be able to select the options that enable you to develop logistics networks, that minimize costs and deliver top customer service. This is an introductory course designed to provide you with a start on your learning journey in logistics. You do not need to have any background in logistics, but it would be beneficial if you had a basic understanding of business concepts. Join me and we will learn together about logistics! Interested in learning advanced supply chain topics? Check out the Supply Chain Excellence MasterTrack™ Certificate: https://www.coursera.org/mastertrack/supply-chain-excellence-rutgers...

LB
Nov 22, 2020

Very informative! the assignments are discussed before performing, supportive and responsive community. Very entertaining professor with real life references in the video lectures. Highly recommended

SW
Feb 1, 2018

This course was well organized, provided necessary learning materials, and hands-on learning experiences. I would highly recommend this course to others interested in learning supply chain logistics.

76 - 100 of 1,543 Reviews for Supply Chain Logistics

By Raul L K

Apr 7, 2020

The course was really good. Professor Leuschner was very fortunate when creating all the content for the matter. It is very easy to see and feel the subject's dominion by Mr. Leuschner as he translates it in a very soft way for his e-students. I will definitely recommend this course to my colleagues.

By Mohammed S

Mar 8, 2020

This course is very useful. The four models and links recommended by the instructor are rich in knowledge for anyone who wants to develop his career in logistic supply and chain. in addition to the process follow in Supply chain logistics, shipping INCOTERMS is one of the useful topics that I learned

By CRISPUS R R R

Aug 5, 2020

This course helped me understand the logistics process, the warehousing and importance along with how the inventory is managed and should be maintained in detail. The course was very interesting, makes you confident in this topic and easy to grasp the whole Logistics Network and its working.

By Daniel S

Mar 14, 2020

This course though an intermediary one has given me great insight into what logistics is all about. Focusing on the 3 tenets (if I can say that) of logistics - Transportation, Warehousing and Inventory. I will encourage anyone who wants to get an idea of what logistics is to try this course.

By John P O

Sep 12, 2020

This course came at the right time for me, I really had fun learning this course! It has helped me to think strategically in designing logistic network and implementing decisions. I believe this is one of the keys to having an effective and efficient solution in supply chain managment.

By Rahul S M

Apr 18, 2020

The course is very relevant to Industrial/Operations/Management professionals. The instructor explains the thing very well, and everything is best viz. knowledge, explanation, examples, practicality, etc. Thanks a lot to the instructor (Prof. Rudolf Leuschner) for designing the course.

By Rahul N

Apr 3, 2020

My result for this course is still not out but I want to share with the team and fellow students that its the best way to earn knowledge and certificate , this course has actually given me bigger picture of supply chain logistics which I was not getting from my on the job activities .

By Thihan H

Aug 21, 2020

I was learning with Financial aid for this course and it was deserved to learn with our full intention. The lecturer instructions were clear and the assignments were effective. For those who are interested in learn supply chain, this course will be the first step.

Thihan Htut

Myanmar.

By Mihir D

Aug 10, 2020

Very interesting approach towards teaching. Challenging and interesting assignments. The course deals with the basics of Logistics about how it takes place. It talks about warehouse locations, safety stock needs and similar stuff. Very nice course to start off your interest in SCM.

By saqib r m

Apr 20, 2020

First of all, Thank you so much to Coursera and Rutgers University to provide me an opportunity to complete this course. This course is very informative to understand the basics of Supply Chain Logistics. I recommend this course to all those learners who are at the beginner's stage.

By Janice F

Sep 23, 2020

I found this course very useful, as I have chosen this as my major in college. This will give me a boost and a better understanding in Logistics as well. Thankyou to the professor for an informative course! It is very useful and you gain knowledge oh how it works in the industry.

By Siti N b S

Nov 23, 2020

I like the teaching approach used by the lecturer as it is more relaxing and the basic knowledge is easy to understand. For a newbie in supply chain logistics world like me, this course succeed in providing me with a clear surface in understanding the terms and concepts in it.

By Ambrose S

Jul 2, 2020

Studying this has availed me the opportunity to learn how to build logistics network.

Why warehouse location is essential in supply chain logistics.

I learnt warehouse design

I gained new skills on different mode of transportation and why each is necessary and when each is needed

By Kanchan P

Aug 23, 2018

Best course I have ever found on Supply Chain Management. It covered depth required to understand the end to end cycle for Supply Chain Transportation, Warehousing and Strategic decision making for planning the entire Logistics Network. Thanks for making such courses for us :)

By T V

Jun 26, 2020

A Fantastic course for Supply chain Management lovers.This course is really practical as we compare it with other courses in Coursera. The Peer reviews and assignments are really challenging and excellent.Now,I am almost covered up in this topic after doing this course....

By ANURAG N

Jul 25, 2020

Amazing Course. The Instructor is awesome. The Exercises are very practical and fun to do. I finished this course in 4 days only. Beginner friendly and introduces concepts with a lot of pictures (Easy retention).

Highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn.

By Chitrang V

Oct 30, 2019

I learned every basic thing about transportation and It gave me a detailed Idea of how can I build mt transportation network in last week content that was challenging as well as fun part of the course because I had to apply all of the knowledge I got in previous weeks.

By Sami A M

May 8, 2020

Very clear and comprehensive explanation, professional tools to assist in understanding deeply in a very fast way, smart quizzes and assignments to ensure the trainee gain the skills. Thanks for the very interesting experience with coursera, Thank you for everything.

By Siddharth D

Oct 19, 2019

This was a very thorough course to get an initial understanding of Logistics in the supply chain. Moreover, the peer graded assignments gave an insight into what other students are doing and the course overall was comprehensive and gave immense knowledge for the same.

By Ramish M

Jun 26, 2020

This section of the certification was very intriguing, informative, and interesting. The friendly method of teaching of the course instructor, Professor Rudolf Leuschner, was great. I learned about how Supply Chain Logistics works and I highly recommend this course.

By Felix A

Jun 2, 2020

Great introductory course to Supply Chain Logistics. It could benefit from longer more video lectures. Prof. Rudolf is very helpful and straightforward. This course introduced me to a lot of new concepts, but I had to dig deeper to understand more about the subject.

By Manun A

Mar 26, 2019

A very enjoyable and exciting course to attend!! I hope it will be helpful to others interested in logistics part of supply chain. Moreover, the assignments and video lectures were fun, and the books those were referred in the course were also very informative.

By Alaa S M

Apr 22, 2020

I like these course, and i had learned more about logistics, inventory, transportation, warehouses network, so I'd like to keep going and complete rest of course like planing, sourcing, operations, finally i'd like ro thanks all coursera team on them efforts,.

By Sahla N M

Jul 7, 2020

I am really satisfied with the course. I've tried my best to submit the assignments as per the instructions. The assignments were interesting. Now I can even design supply chain logistics networks for my own business I guess. Also My mentor was just amazing.

By Moataz A

Apr 26, 2020

The course content is good and to the point. It encourages you t do your own research and not just depending on the material you had in hand. The assignments are practical and encourages creativity. really enjoyed the course and Rudolf is a great lecturer.