Back to Supply Chain Logistics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supply Chain Logistics by Rutgers the State University of New Jersey

Have you ever wondered how goods get delivered to us so quickly as soon as we order them? One word: Logistics! In this introductory Supply Chain Logistics course, I will take you on a journey to this fascinating backbone of global trade. We cover the three major building blocks of logistics networks: transportation, warehousing, and inventory. After completing this course, you will be able to differentiate the advantages and disadvantages of different modes of transportation. You will understand what goes into designing and setting up a warehousing facility. Finally, you will be able to select the options that enable you to develop logistics networks, that minimize costs and deliver top customer service. This is an introductory course designed to provide you with a start on your learning journey in logistics. You do not need to have any background in logistics, but it would be beneficial if you had a basic understanding of business concepts. Join me and we will learn together about logistics! Interested in learning advanced supply chain topics? Check out the Supply Chain Excellence MasterTrack™ Certificate: https://www.coursera.org/mastertrack/supply-chain-excellence-rutgers...

SW
Feb 1, 2018

This course was well organized, provided necessary learning materials, and hands-on learning experiences. I would highly recommend this course to others interested in learning supply chain logistics.

LB
Nov 22, 2020

Very informative! the assignments are discussed before performing, supportive and responsive community. Very entertaining professor with real life references in the video lectures. Highly recommended

101 - 125 of 1,780 Reviews for Supply Chain Logistics

By ANURAG N

Jul 25, 2020

Amazing Course. The Instructor is awesome. The Exercises are very practical and fun to do. I finished this course in 4 days only. Beginner friendly and introduces concepts with a lot of pictures (Easy retention).

Highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn.

By Chitrang V

Oct 30, 2019

I learned every basic thing about transportation and It gave me a detailed Idea of how can I build mt transportation network in last week content that was challenging as well as fun part of the course because I had to apply all of the knowledge I got in previous weeks.

By Sami A M

May 8, 2020

Very clear and comprehensive explanation, professional tools to assist in understanding deeply in a very fast way, smart quizzes and assignments to ensure the trainee gain the skills. Thanks for the very interesting experience with coursera, Thank you for everything.

By Siddharth D

Oct 19, 2019

This was a very thorough course to get an initial understanding of Logistics in the supply chain. Moreover, the peer graded assignments gave an insight into what other students are doing and the course overall was comprehensive and gave immense knowledge for the same.

By Ramish M

Jun 26, 2020

This section of the certification was very intriguing, informative, and interesting. The friendly method of teaching of the course instructor, Professor Rudolf Leuschner, was great. I learned about how Supply Chain Logistics works and I highly recommend this course.

By Felix A

Jun 2, 2020

Great introductory course to Supply Chain Logistics. It could benefit from longer more video lectures. Prof. Rudolf is very helpful and straightforward. This course introduced me to a lot of new concepts, but I had to dig deeper to understand more about the subject.

By Manun A

Mar 26, 2019

A very enjoyable and exciting course to attend!! I hope it will be helpful to others interested in logistics part of supply chain. Moreover, the assignments and video lectures were fun, and the books those were referred in the course were also very informative.

By Alaa S M

Apr 22, 2020

I like these course, and i had learned more about logistics, inventory, transportation, warehouses network, so I'd like to keep going and complete rest of course like planing, sourcing, operations, finally i'd like ro thanks all coursera team on them efforts,.

By Sohini G

Jan 2, 2021

The Course design is very appropriate for a beginner in this field, this course has helped me enhance my knowledge and has built a passion in me to further grow more in supply chain management.

Looking forward to continue learning from this series of courses.

By Sahla N M

Jul 7, 2020

I am really satisfied with the course. I've tried my best to submit the assignments as per the instructions. The assignments were interesting. Now I can even design supply chain logistics networks for my own business I guess. Also My mentor was just amazing.

By KUHLE N

Jan 20, 2021

I am giving this module and lecturer 5 stars, simply because he helped me understand logistics and supply chain in a digestible way. he is so easy to understand and the coursework is really fun and engaging, thank you coursera and Rudolf for this experience

By Moataz A

Apr 26, 2020

The course content is good and to the point. It encourages you t do your own research and not just depending on the material you had in hand. The assignments are practical and encourages creativity. really enjoyed the course and Rudolf is a great lecturer.

By Okta

Aug 20, 2020

I learn a lot about supply chain. The peer review tasks are challenging and fun. Thanks professor Rudolf Leuschner for the great content and your amazing delivery, hope someday I could join your offline class at Rutgers the State University of New Jersey.

By Emmanuel S M

Apr 13, 2021

Es muy bueno, te introduce a los temas y cosas que se tienen que considerar cuando se trata de la Cadena de Suministro. Muy interesante y sobre todo que te da una idea general. En la vida real todo cambia, pero nos da una cierta idea y eso es muy bueno.

By Nahim O

Sep 11, 2018

this course is incredible i learned how to create a logistic networks, the kind of transportation and of course what kind of transportation is the better, well i learned how to create a warehouse and how to calculate when you have to add another one.

By Mahbub R

Aug 4, 2020

I am very satisfied with the course. I hope that the ideas I have gained about the logistics network can be put to good use in my work. Thanks to Coursera for creating a beautiful, well-organised online platform for people of all classes to learn.

By Kagisho M M

Jun 1, 2018

I recommend logistics as a starting point for anyone with interest in Supply chain. You will get to expand your knowledge on three key aspects transportation-movement, storage-warehousing & inventory-goods or services. You will learn a great deal.

By Victoria C B P

Apr 28, 2021

Excellent course is very complete, they provide knowledge from the most basic in the logistics area, such as what is the importance of logistics, to the most complex such as the factors that influence logistics networks and the design of these

By Gayathiri.R

Aug 30, 2020

This is a perfect course for strengthening the knowledge of supply chain. I now know the importance of the warehouse and location layout in improving the efficiency and productivity. Thankyou Mr. Rudolf Leuschner for making the session live.

By Dhinesh A D

Aug 14, 2020

A foundation course on logistics, covers the essential concepts of the inventory management, handling goods through different modes of transportation. Though the concepts appears simple, carries a great value and provides great insights.

By Aniket E

Feb 22, 2018

Comprehensive, covers all the basics. Assignments and quizzes test your creativity and your ability to practically apply the concepts that have been taught. Looking forward to other courses in the specialization. Thanks Prof. Leuschner!

By Shadae O

Apr 11, 2021

I had decided to do a career switch after losing my job due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. It was not easy, but Coursera and Rudy from Rutgers really opened my appetite to delve into all things Logistics and Supply Chain-related. Thank you!

By BALAJI K R V

May 9, 2020

this is an excellent course with simple explanation s and grate example through audio visuals and providing guidance through google maps and making us to learn how we can play with google maps according to our requirements. great great

By KAREN T

Dec 9, 2019

Interesting course! Liked the short quizzes that test your knowledge of the concepts at the end of every segment. The practical exercises were also useful in cementing the insights we have learnt. Had fun overall throughout the course.

Sep 2, 2017

I am liking the course owing to its simple nature and the use of relatable examples. I think it is a great start for me for this specialisation. I am encouraged to learn more and more about supply chain. It's really a fun way to learn.