Back to Supply Chain Logistics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supply Chain Logistics by Rutgers the State University of New Jersey

Have you ever wondered how goods get delivered to us so quickly as soon as we order them? One word: Logistics! In this introductory Supply Chain Logistics course, I will take you on a journey to this fascinating backbone of global trade. We cover the three major building blocks of logistics networks: transportation, warehousing, and inventory. After completing this course, you will be able to differentiate the advantages and disadvantages of different modes of transportation. You will understand what goes into designing and setting up a warehousing facility. Finally, you will be able to select the options that enable you to develop logistics networks, that minimize costs and deliver top customer service. This is an introductory course designed to provide you with a start on your learning journey in logistics. You do not need to have any background in logistics, but it would be beneficial if you had a basic understanding of business concepts. Join me and we will learn together about logistics! Interested in learning advanced supply chain topics? Check out the Supply Chain Excellence MasterTrack™ Certificate: https://www.coursera.org/mastertrack/supply-chain-excellence-rutgers...

LB
Nov 22, 2020

Very informative! the assignments are discussed before performing, supportive and responsive community. Very entertaining professor with real life references in the video lectures. Highly recommended

SW
Feb 1, 2018

This course was well organized, provided necessary learning materials, and hands-on learning experiences. I would highly recommend this course to others interested in learning supply chain logistics.

101 - 125 of 1,539 Reviews for Supply Chain Logistics

By Nur O M

Aug 20, 2020

I learn a lot about supply chain. The peer review tasks are challenging and fun. Thanks professor Rudolf Leuschner for the great content and your amazing delivery, hope someday I could join your offline class at Rutgers the State University of New Jersey.

By Nahim O

Sep 11, 2018

this course is incredible i learned how to create a logistic networks, the kind of transportation and of course what kind of transportation is the better, well i learned how to create a warehouse and how to calculate when you have to add another one.

By Mahbub R

Aug 4, 2020

I am very satisfied with the course. I hope that the ideas I have gained about the logistics network can be put to good use in my work. Thanks to Coursera for creating a beautiful, well-organised online platform for people of all classes to learn.

By Kagisho M M

Jun 1, 2018

I recommend logistics as a starting point for anyone with interest in Supply chain. You will get to expand your knowledge on three key aspects transportation-movement, storage-warehousing & inventory-goods or services. You will learn a great deal.

By Gayathiri.R

Aug 30, 2020

This is a perfect course for strengthening the knowledge of supply chain. I now know the importance of the warehouse and location layout in improving the efficiency and productivity. Thankyou Mr. Rudolf Leuschner for making the session live.

By Dhinesh A D

Aug 14, 2020

A foundation course on logistics, covers the essential concepts of the inventory management, handling goods through different modes of transportation. Though the concepts appears simple, carries a great value and provides great insights.

By Aniket E

Feb 22, 2018

Comprehensive, covers all the basics. Assignments and quizzes test your creativity and your ability to practically apply the concepts that have been taught. Looking forward to other courses in the specialization. Thanks Prof. Leuschner!

By BALAJI K R V

May 9, 2020

this is an excellent course with simple explanation s and grate example through audio visuals and providing guidance through google maps and making us to learn how we can play with google maps according to our requirements. great great

By KAREN T

Dec 9, 2019

Interesting course! Liked the short quizzes that test your knowledge of the concepts at the end of every segment. The practical exercises were also useful in cementing the insights we have learnt. Had fun overall throughout the course.

Sep 2, 2017

I am liking the course owing to its simple nature and the use of relatable examples. I think it is a great start for me for this specialisation. I am encouraged to learn more and more about supply chain. It's really a fun way to learn.

By Gianluigui B S J

Aug 1, 2020

This was an interactive and dynamic course to learn introductory topics in supply chain management, such as means of transport for cargo shipments, warehouse and inventory management to design and build an efficient logistics network.

By Shreesh S

Mar 11, 2020

It was indeed a great learning with Coursera, I got to learn the back end processes involved in making the strong supply chain network possible, and all the important sub-components which are a must part of the supply chain logistics.

By Bùi T K V

Jul 4, 2017

It's an interesting course that supported me so much on my career path with real & useful knowledge in Logistics & Supply Chain industry.

Thanks Coursera,

And speacial thanks to Ph.D. Rudolf Leuschner.

By Md. R I

Thanks my respected course instructor for making this course really enjoyable. This course was really helpful for me. I have come to know a lot of things after completing this course. I hope, this course will help build my carrier.

By DIANNE M M

Feb 7, 2018

I love the balance of videos explained by the professor and the short quizzes that pop up to make sure you are absorbing important information. Highly recommend to anyone interested in learning the concept of supply chain logistics!

By Jay P

Sep 24, 2017

This course really helped me to learn all the basics. It is really helpful for who are planning to do master's or who wants to pursue a career in Supply chain logistics. Thanks to professor for making it really easy for us to learn.

By Adarsh S

Jun 8, 2020

This course is one of the best courses I came across for Supply Chain Management. Starting from basics of supply chain, this course is an absolute must for people looking forward to advance or switch their career in Supply chain.

By Smriti D

Jun 28, 2020

The course has detailed and informative material backed up with real life scenarios. It has set of assignments and exam that help to understand better the concepts of supply chain logistics. Would highly recommend the course.

By Pratik s u

Jun 25, 2020

Course is design significantly and it is perfect for beginner to build foundation of supply chain logistics. Assignment task was so great and so much practical based. I personally learned a lot. It is beneficial me in future.

By Anabel F

Jun 14, 2020

This is an excellent course for those who want to venture on a career in the supply chain. As a beginner in this field, I was able to understand the concepts of supply chain logistics in the most comprehensible way possible.

By ARVIND D

Feb 23, 2019

Teaching style is great, content provided is great with real life practical examples, with a humor, with fun, with discussing examples, at no time you will learn the basic of the supply chain Logistics.

I really love it.

By Riddhi P C

Apr 1, 2018

Excellent course with a great amalgamation of student-instructor pedagogy and peer learning!!!Deep insights about leveraging and optimizing supply chain logistics to deliver swift and reliable results to the customer!!!

By Luis O M A

Dec 1, 2020

Un curso introductorio que brinda muy buenas bases para adentrarse en este tema, el profesor tiene un inglés muy claro y los subtítulos hacen que comprendas perfectamente bien los temas si desconoces alguna palabra.

By Edward G

Jul 19, 2020

a good course, though difficult , it was well strctured all the course participants we active in one way or the other. the lecturer is more knowledgeable and explain every aspects of the course in a skillful manner.

By David O

May 15, 2019

Enjoyed the class! Dr. Leuschner does a great job at explaining introductory logistics concepts. I highly recommend this course for anyone wanting to gain a basic understanding of the logistics business function.