Back to Supply Chain Logistics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supply Chain Logistics by Rutgers the State University of New Jersey

Have you ever wondered how goods get delivered to us so quickly as soon as we order them? One word: Logistics! In this introductory Supply Chain Logistics course, I will take you on a journey to this fascinating backbone of global trade. We cover the three major building blocks of logistics networks: transportation, warehousing, and inventory. After completing this course, you will be able to differentiate the advantages and disadvantages of different modes of transportation. You will understand what goes into designing and setting up a warehousing facility. Finally, you will be able to select the options that enable you to develop logistics networks, that minimize costs and deliver top customer service. This is an introductory course designed to provide you with a start on your learning journey in logistics. You do not need to have any background in logistics, but it would be beneficial if you had a basic understanding of business concepts. Join me and we will learn together about logistics! Interested in learning advanced supply chain topics? Check out the Supply Chain Excellence MasterTrack™ Certificate: https://www.coursera.org/mastertrack/supply-chain-excellence-rutgers...

LB
Nov 22, 2020

Very informative! the assignments are discussed before performing, supportive and responsive community. Very entertaining professor with real life references in the video lectures. Highly recommended

SW
Feb 1, 2018

This course was well organized, provided necessary learning materials, and hands-on learning experiences. I would highly recommend this course to others interested in learning supply chain logistics.

51 - 75 of 1,663 Reviews for Supply Chain Logistics

By Alselwi/Yaser S A

Jul 29, 2020

It was an interesting learning journey.I liked it too much.great

I would like to heartily thank Rutgers University and Coursera for the opportunity they give to me to improve my skills and knowledge .Thank you Coursera for serving humanity by widening the scope of accessibility to high quality learning resources almost for free and with access to financial aids for courses and programs that fee based .I am glad my application for financial aid to enroll for Supply Chain Management Specialization was approved and for completion of the first course .Hope you everlasting success .

Yaser Sultan Alselwi from Republic of Yemen .

By Shrey S

Aug 20, 2020

I completed Supply Chain Logistics course today. Thank you very much Coursera for giving me this opportunity to learn online in such an esteemed university (Rutgers University). Specially i would like to thank Professor Rudolf Leuschner for this wonderful and efficient pedagogy by sharing good theory and practical examples of retail markets as well. I must say this course helps me to understand the basics and hands on experience of Logistics terminology which helped me gaining new skills. Thanks and looking forward to learning many more skills online in the years tom come.

By Shivraj J

Jan 20, 2020

I really enjoyed while learning this course with my peers which gives and enhance my knowledge and skill in supply chain logistics further. The course is designed in such a way that it develop your thinking also the professor sir from Rutgers State university explain each and every fact in simple & effective mode.

I am so much happy after completing the course through coursera also looking forward to keep learning further in future as well.

Thank you so much coursera for giving me such a beautiful platform for learning, i will always be grateful to you.

By Archie G R

Jul 31, 2020

This course helps me through a lot to learn about the Supply Chain. About my journey to become Supply Chain Management professional was given to me an opportunity to took this course. I am grateful for this course which I owe to the Rutgers University to support my journey to become part of their online platform course and to become Supply Chain Management professional someday. I will strive to continue again to apply other prerequisite courses and study hard to get my Professional Supply Chain Management to this privilege opportunity.

By Munshi A M

Apr 21, 2020

It was an fantastic course designed to complete through online. It helped me a lot to know about new knowledge on SCM. I had no idea before completing this course. But this course helped me to think in a new way to design and make plan for the supplying. I was staying at home due to the recent pandemic and within this time I have completed this course. I am pretty sure that the knowledge I gained from this course will help me a lot in my future career. Thanks to Coursera for giving me such opportunity. Thanks.

By Humayun O

Jun 8, 2020

Great and Excellent Course. All concepts were covered in a elegant manner. It was a very practical course and the peer grade assignments improved my learning a lot. I think this a great course for learning transportation and I would highly recommend others to enroll in this as well. The instructor was clear and precise. The key course advantage is of peer graded assignments which were highly practical in nature and will help in jobs in the future. Thank you

By William M

Feb 16, 2020

I had enjoyed the course however there is more that needs to improved such as the terms used in warehousing and logistics should be explained as well and more examples are needed to increase the understanding of the concept. Am saying this because people come from different nationalities and it is better to be more detailed to some concept, for me i had no problem because i have a background in supply chain thou i had challenges on assignments.

By Anisha N

As a beginner in Supply Chain Management, this course was completely new to me. However, I loved the content and the way the course had creative assignments. Professor Rudi teaches really well and the fact that it wasn't just him taking into a screen from a room made a difference. I liked that he was outside and showing me what an actual Warehouse looked like and what happened there as I have zero experience about it.

By Umang M

Jun 28, 2018

The lecture series talks about the various aspects of the logistics industries. The assignments provide an opportunity to apply the learning knowledge into practice. Every lecture video is followed by a written summary which is great for writing notes. In addition to the course materials, the lecturer Rudy is quite humorous and has his own way of delivering his lectures which made the topic enjoyable to watch/learn.

By Omar S

Jan 20, 2021

An amazing introductory course for someone who wants to get involved to the world of supply chain management. The course is well designed and the instructor made it extremely easy to follow throughout. Thoughtful assignments provided the students with real life experience of building, analyzing and sharing their own logistics systems. A great start point for people considering SCM as a career choice.

By Hamza S P

Jun 2, 2020

This course focuses more on practical assignments rather than teaching through text or videos. The videos will be very short but you will have to spend some time on the assignments. Through these assignments, you get a hands-on approach which I feel made my understanding of the topic better. The instructor, however, does not explain concepts and terms in an elaborate way.

By David M

Jun 21, 2020

The course is a very good introduction to the world of Supply Chain. It details the parts of the logistics network and the assignments allow you to apply the knowledge in a practical manner.

The peer-reviewed assignments are appropriately challenging, in the sense that they ensure you gain a thorough understanding of the principles of the Logistics of the Supply Chain.

By Maria K

I liked this course. It provides a good understanding of Supply Chain Logistics in general. I will recommend this course to anyone who wants to start her/his career in logistics and wants to know more about the logistics. The course is filled with great assignments where one can show her/his skills and apply the knowledge that was acquired through every module.

By Dragan B

Oct 12, 2020

Very good structured and very good explained, the Prof clearly knows what he´s talking about and has great insight in the supply chain area. For my personal taste it could be a bit more detailed also the assignments could be a bit harder, but all in all a very good course for everybody whos starting in that field or wants to expand their knowledge

By Vijayakumar M N

Sep 4, 2016

A simple and useful course on logistics in the context of supply chain management that helps even learners who have no previous experience to learn these topics which are of great importance in the modern world. Assignments with a practical orientation, good quality of audio and video and a great instructor are other points worth mentioning.

By Istiaqe A

May 8, 2020

This was a really interesting course. I learnt how to design a layout of warehouse & how to built logistics network. I also learnt why they are important. Most importantly I learnt how to deliver products to the customers in a short & most efficient way. I will highly recommend this course if you are enthusiastic to learn about supply chain.

By ilana L

Sep 10, 2020

Really comprehensive entry course into logistics. All information is digestible and the assignments are quite fun. You will need to leave 2hrs for each of the peer-reviewed assignments in order to get the most out of them. They are not difficult but do take some time, You will get out of this course what you put into it (as in life);

By Yash D

Sep 19, 2019

Covers all the aspects and know about of Logistics and its importance in Supply Chain. The assessments really test the level of understanding and how can it be applied in real-life scenarios. The discussion forum helps us put forward our thought process and helps us look at our level of understanding from a different point of view.

By PANAGIOTIS K

Jan 12, 2021

Great course!A big thank you to the professor Rudolf Leuschner for his effort to introduce us to this unique journey about which I had almost no knowledge before. Of course it is recommended to all those who want to learn the most basic and fundamental of Supply Chain Logistics. I keep only the positive ones which were many.

By Jaichandar S V

Jun 13, 2020

I would suggest this course to all those who are interested in Supply Chain Logistics. This course provides you the platform through which you gain the knowledge regarding Supply Chain Logistics. It acts as the place where you get the complete information on What is Supply Chain Logistics all about. It is a wonderful course.

By Mzela J M

Dec 13, 2019

When I joined this course, I was not familiar with how goods where moved from an area of low demand to area of high demand. With the help of the course in Supply Chain Logistics, I was able to plan the logistics and delivery systems for my company. I'd like to thank Rutgers and Coursera for this wonderful opportunity.

By Yash T

Apr 21, 2020

This course was a joy to be a part of. Prof Leuschner explains everything in a very lucid manner and the real world implementations shared in the videos make understanding the content very easy. I will definitely continue with other courses in the Supply Chain Management specialization offered by Rutgers University.

By Siddarth A

Apr 17, 2018

The topics covered in this course were extensive and thorough. The assignments were well thought out and ensured that the concepts learned over the course of 4 weeks were well and duly implemented. Learnt a lot from this course and I am looking forward to completing the other courses offered in this specialization.

By Ayman D

Dec 1, 2020

It's just great; I learned so much. Not only that; The way the course is set up, the tests at the end of each chapter and not to forget the evaluation of the classmates make it a great learning experience

I also have to thank you for granting me financial aid

I'm also about to take the next course

By Dayang F A I H

Aug 24, 2020

The course is very structured and easy to follow. It gave basic ideas on warehouse, transportation and the overall structure of logistic networking. The set up of the quiz and assignment is based on real life situation and at the same time other skills such as creating maps using google map. Recommended course!