Back to Introduction to Sustainability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Sustainability by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course introduces the academic approach of Sustainability and explores how today’s human societies can endure in the face of global change, ecosystem degradation and resource limitations. The course focuses on key knowledge areas of sustainability theory and practice, including population, ecosystems, global change, energy, agriculture, water, environmental economics and policy, ethics, and cultural history. This subject is of vital importance, seeking as it does to uncover the principles of the long-term welfare of all the peoples of the planet. As sustainability is a cross-disciplinary field of study, this foundation requires intellectual breadth: as I describe it in the class text, understanding our motivations requires the humanities, measuring the challenges of sustainability requires knowledge of the sciences (both natural and social), and building solutions requires technical insight into systems (such as provided by engineering, planning, and management)....

KF

Dec 19, 2016

It is a well prepared course. Contents are carefully organized and plenty of concepts and examples are included and analyzed. Overall, it is a excellent course to get an overview of sustainability.

JW

Nov 29, 2015

This was my first Coursera course, and I wasn't sure what to expect; but was very pleased with the organization, timescale things were run on, and overall neutrality of the course. Very well done!

126 - 150 of 452 Reviews for Introduction to Sustainability

By Andrea R A

Nov 30, 2016

Es un extraordinario curso, me gustaron mucho las lecturas bastante entendibles y los videos muy amenos para el aprendizaje, vale mucho la pena tomarlo

By Egidio A C T

Mar 02, 2020

Excellent course for creating new ideas and schemes of what sustainability should be and how new solutions for our changing world must be implemented.

By Sangram D

This coursevis useful and quality standard. I have learnt enough from this course that will lead me to fulfil my ambitions and help build my career.

By Juan M O J

Jan 29, 2018

Es un curso muy dinámico y muy interesante, realmente aprendí muchos conceptos y tendencias globales que me ayudarán en mi vida diaria y profesional

By Timotej S

Now I have a comprehensive understanding of what sustainability as a complete unit is about. It was a bit challenging but worth spending your time!

By Himaghna B

Mar 26, 2017

Wonderful course. Opened me to sustainability ideas as well as current issues facing our world in a lucid and informative way. Highly recommended!

By Nakkeeran. E ( E

Jun 28, 2020

A very important and valuable course for all the budding engineers in the world. request all the engineers to study this course and get knowledge

By Myriam V S A

Jan 07, 2019

Excelente desde todo punto de vista. Muy didáctico, entretenido. Me ayudó a comprender muchos conceptos que ahora uso frecuentemente en mi cargo.

By Guadalupe M

Mar 23, 2016

the five points.

I consider that this course is very usuful and importat. We can learn more about problems that are important for our environment

By Pritam S

Jul 06, 2020

The Course was really fantastic! I was really new to sustainability, it cleared the basic concept and gave the vision of the thing! Recommended!

By Sachindra C N W

Provided excellent insights to sustainability. Kudos to Dr. Tomkin for the lucid lecture videos compiled. Would recommend this course to anyone.

By Vijal P

Jun 01, 2020

I learned many things from this course and got the idea about sustainability. I will personally give all the useful information to my network.

By Luiz H P

Oct 06, 2016

Excelent course, very well structured, very well conducted by the teatcher. I learned very much new concepts that will be very usefull for me.

By Olena M

The course is comprehensive, although I pretty much knew everything about the topic it helped me to arrange the knowledge and systematize it.

By Denis L

Nov 06, 2019

great course which give enough details on a high scale of sustainability from a science point of view to economics and a more modern approach

By Joel S

Mar 19, 2020

The wealth of information was enlightening. I feel I have a much better grasp of the underlying science and issues for a sustainable planet.

By Lori A B

Jan 14, 2020

Great course, this helped me decide whether or not I would like to pursue a degree in this field (I decided in the affirmative). Thank you!

By Alpana D

Jan 09, 2020

It is a very good introductory course. It has really widen my knowledge about the topic and how to see factors important for earth system.

By Sandeep

May 16, 2019

This Course is moderate and very informative and can be done by anyone and there will be no need of any prerequiste knowledge required.

By Gan K H

Sep 11, 2015

I like how the lectures are delivered. It is very engaging, and the content has been very useful. Level of details is also good for me.

By Robert U

May 22, 2020

A great course with a lot of new informations. It is very useful when you want to put in practice the things Mr. Jonathan teaches us.

By Shabarish P

Apr 28, 2020

A very good planned course. The instructor is awesome. He explanation is excellent. The whole course is prepared carefully. Thank You

By Egehan Y

May 31, 2018

Excellent course with a great professor. I have learnt a lot from it. It would be nice to have some more up to date sources, however.

By ANANYA C

May 23, 2020

Ideal course for those who want to have a wholesome idea about sustainability over the period from centuries back to recent decade.

By Pichakorn J

Apr 06, 2020

This course gives me understanding and has inspired me to study more deeply on this topic. Thank you Prof. Jonathan Tomkin so much.