Back to Introduction to Sustainability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Sustainability by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course introduces the academic approach of Sustainability and explores how today’s human societies can endure in the face of global change, ecosystem degradation and resource limitations. The course focuses on key knowledge areas of sustainability theory and practice, including population, ecosystems, global change, energy, agriculture, water, environmental economics and policy, ethics, and cultural history. This subject is of vital importance, seeking as it does to uncover the principles of the long-term welfare of all the peoples of the planet. As sustainability is a cross-disciplinary field of study, this foundation requires intellectual breadth: as I describe it in the class text, understanding our motivations requires the humanities, measuring the challenges of sustainability requires knowledge of the sciences (both natural and social), and building solutions requires technical insight into systems (such as provided by engineering, planning, and management)....

KF

Dec 19, 2016

It is a well prepared course. Contents are carefully organized and plenty of concepts and examples are included and analyzed. Overall, it is a excellent course to get an overview of sustainability.

JW

Nov 29, 2015

This was my first Coursera course, and I wasn't sure what to expect; but was very pleased with the organization, timescale things were run on, and overall neutrality of the course. Very well done!

126 - 150 of 198 Reviews for Introduction to Sustainability

By Salvador C M

Sep 27, 2016

It is a really good course, it covers all the sustainability pillars with great explanations and examples.

By Charles M

Feb 04, 2017

These lectures are really helpful for people to understand current issues all the world; consequently, very one should learn them!

By Juan M O J

Jan 29, 2018

Es un curso muy dinámico y muy interesante, realmente aprendí muchos conceptos y tendencias globales que me ayudarán en mi vida diaria y profesional

By Hamed V

Feb 24, 2016

It was great! Especially, Prof, Tompkin is conveying the fact in a very tangible manner.

By Leyner J G Z

Jun 15, 2016

Muy interesante y educativo

By Karen L R P

May 12, 2017

Very good. I change my form of think.

By Hannah

Jun 12, 2017

For someone who wants to learn and study the environment this gave me an idea of what I would be learning.

By Aravind R

Oct 28, 2018

Great Course. Gives a deep insight on sustainability.

By JUNAID A

Nov 01, 2018

Excellent

By Yoshida M

Jul 15, 2018

It gave me a good overview of sustainability, key terms and the future.

By kelley d

Mar 23, 2019

a great introduction with a variety of learning formats.

By Ahmeerah A

Mar 24, 2019

I learned so much. Thank you!!

By Anne-Laure M

Mar 25, 2019

Awsome, interesting, well structured. I strongly recommend.

By Sandeep

May 16, 2019

This Course is moderate and very informative and can be done by anyone and there will be no need of any prerequiste knowledge required.

By ARMANDO R A

Jun 07, 2019

Excelente curso, todas las personas deberían tomarlo.

By Jose C F

Jun 18, 2019

Fantastic!

By Emmanuel O

Jun 21, 2019

This course is very informative and interesting.

By Kamal H

Jul 03, 2019

I liked this course especially the way how they teach key points, Thank you Coursera

By Margarito Z

Jul 18, 2019

Excelente. Muchos más como este curso. Muchas Gracias!

By Beatrice B

Jul 22, 2019

Very precise, detailed course on top of being incredibly interesting!

By Nicole V

Jul 22, 2019

Great course. I learned a lot and am feeling more confident as I enter into my Masters in Sustainable Management program.

By Disha M D

Jul 24, 2019

A really good course with amazing and apt knowledge provided!

By Sujith V

Aug 06, 2019

It was personally an eye-opener towards sustainability for me in so many ways. Thank you.

By Eng. R E S

Aug 07, 2019

it is very hard, but its worth

By Valerie G

Aug 18, 2019

Very interesting and complete, with a great mix of theory and real-life examples. Highly recommended!