Back to Introduction to Sustainability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Sustainability by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course introduces the academic approach of Sustainability and explores how today’s human societies can endure in the face of global change, ecosystem degradation and resource limitations. The course focuses on key knowledge areas of sustainability theory and practice, including population, ecosystems, global change, energy, agriculture, water, environmental economics and policy, ethics, and cultural history. This subject is of vital importance, seeking as it does to uncover the principles of the long-term welfare of all the peoples of the planet. As sustainability is a cross-disciplinary field of study, this foundation requires intellectual breadth: as I describe it in the class text, understanding our motivations requires the humanities, measuring the challenges of sustainability requires knowledge of the sciences (both natural and social), and building solutions requires technical insight into systems (such as provided by engineering, planning, and management)....

KF
Dec 18, 2016

It is a well prepared course. Contents are carefully organized and plenty of concepts and examples are included and analyzed. Overall, it is a excellent course to get an overview of sustainability.

TK
Aug 22, 2020

This is a nice course for anyone who wants to have a start on this journey. It is easy to understand, covers a lot of topics that relates to everything and give you a profound insight of the world

151 - 175 of 656 Reviews for Introduction to Sustainability

By Yudi P

Apr 11, 2020

This course is very helpful to change your mind in maintaining sustainability to your business. There are so many cases in the course that will help you to think.

By Kinga M

Sep 25, 2015

This is a very detailed course. You need to bring some time 1 or 2 h a week are not enough. But it is very well structured and everything is very well explained.

By Piyuminil K W

Oct 18, 2020

This is a great learning opportunity. Thank you very much, Dr. Jonathan Tomkin, for fascinating lessons throughout the course ' Introduction to Sustainability'.

By GIULIANO Z

Complete, well constructed and deep-going: University of Illinois' courses are long, but for the ones that have time to spend on them, they are surely the best.

By Leandro F T

Oct 22, 2019

In 8 weeks I've learned more than in other courses I've been doing this size. It's complete, general view of many environmental aspects, from economy to ecology

By Nuno M

Jul 9, 2020

A very nice course, providing a solid introduction to the topic of sustainability. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested in this subject.

By Ernitia P

I learned a lot from the course albeit having studied similar courses in university. Dr. Tomkin is an amazing lecturer and the videos were engaging. Thank you!

By Σωτήρης Π

Dec 14, 2020

AN EXCELLENT WAY TO THE INTRODUCTION OF SUSTAINABILITY. THE COURSE WAS EXTREMELY ORGANIZED AND MR.TOMPKING WAS GREAT AT HIS WORK AND PERFECTLY UNDERSTANDABLE!

By M.E. v L

Jun 12, 2017

Very well designed course with excellent material, well balanced in terms of amount of information, level of understanding, coherence in the course structure.

By Ailsa B

Sep 8, 2020

Great introduction to sustainability with lots of interesting and varied topics. Good mix of videos, clips, quizzes and assessments, would highly recommend.

By ADRIAN C L

Jun 14, 2020

I learn new things and I thats awesome because if this course told me what i already knew it would be very boring.

But I had a great time learning

Thank you!

By Dafne B C R

Feb 28, 2016

I loved it! I haven't finished yet, but it is very interesting and I'm learning a lot! He is such a great techer! It is not boring and neither the classes.

By Sim N

Nov 21, 2020

Wonderfully insightful, great range of subjects taught! A good start to think about a career in sustainability or if you just want to learn more about it!

By Alexandra W

Jun 9, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. It gives a great overview of the correlation of global actions and the consequenses for the worlwide sustainability path.

By Andrea R A

Nov 30, 2016

Es un extraordinario curso, me gustaron mucho las lecturas bastante entendibles y los videos muy amenos para el aprendizaje, vale mucho la pena tomarlo

By harsh b

Aug 11, 2020

As having a career in architectural field, i have broadened my ideas about sustainable development and it will help me a lot in my further exploring.

By Egidio A C T

Mar 2, 2020

Excellent course for creating new ideas and schemes of what sustainability should be and how new solutions for our changing world must be implemented.

By sangram d

This coursevis useful and quality standard. I have learnt enough from this course that will lead me to fulfil my ambitions and help build my career.

By Juan M O J

Jan 29, 2018

Es un curso muy dinámico y muy interesante, realmente aprendí muchos conceptos y tendencias globales que me ayudarán en mi vida diaria y profesional

By Timotej S

Now I have a comprehensive understanding of what sustainability as a complete unit is about. It was a bit challenging but worth spending your time!

By Jane W

Nov 13, 2020

This is a thought provoking course that has illuminated many aspects of sustainability that I had never considered. I highly recommend the course.

By Alice

Sep 22, 2020

this course open my mind to some issues and show me different point of views about the world and the theories around it to make it a better place.

By Himaghna B

Mar 26, 2017

Wonderful course. Opened me to sustainability ideas as well as current issues facing our world in a lucid and informative way. Highly recommended!

By Nakkeeran. E ( E

Jun 28, 2020

A very important and valuable course for all the budding engineers in the world. request all the engineers to study this course and get knowledge

By Myriam V S A

Jan 7, 2019

Excelente desde todo punto de vista. Muy didáctico, entretenido. Me ayudó a comprender muchos conceptos que ahora uso frecuentemente en mi cargo.