Back to Introduction to Sustainability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Sustainability by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course introduces the academic approach of Sustainability and explores how today’s human societies can endure in the face of global change, ecosystem degradation and resource limitations. The course focuses on key knowledge areas of sustainability theory and practice, including population, ecosystems, global change, energy, agriculture, water, environmental economics and policy, ethics, and cultural history. This subject is of vital importance, seeking as it does to uncover the principles of the long-term welfare of all the peoples of the planet. As sustainability is a cross-disciplinary field of study, this foundation requires intellectual breadth: as I describe it in the class text, understanding our motivations requires the humanities, measuring the challenges of sustainability requires knowledge of the sciences (both natural and social), and building solutions requires technical insight into systems (such as provided by engineering, planning, and management)....

KF

Dec 19, 2016

It is a well prepared course. Contents are carefully organized and plenty of concepts and examples are included and analyzed. Overall, it is a excellent course to get an overview of sustainability.

JW

Nov 29, 2015

This was my first Coursera course, and I wasn't sure what to expect; but was very pleased with the organization, timescale things were run on, and overall neutrality of the course. Very well done!

176 - 200 of 492 Reviews for Introduction to Sustainability

By Johanna

Oct 12, 2015

Very well documented. Excellent presentations with updated info. Fantastic expositions! Estimulates Critical Thinking

By Blandine A

Feb 23, 2020

Great intro to sustainability concepts. It is really helpful to better understand current trends beyond the surface.

By Vanessa M M

Jun 08, 2020

Amazing course! Jonathan Tomkin makes his lectures easy to understand and his lessons were easy to follow through.

By Eric C

Mar 06, 2017

Great course, very insightful, we truly get the feeling we are covering all the basic concepts.

By Czarina F C

Jan 23, 2017

Course design is well thought out. Definitely a good foundation course if you want to learn about sustainability.

By Abdul R

I enjoyed this course for the best of my knowledge and this course had given me a clear insight on the subject

By Ana C R D O

May 29, 2017

The course is amazing! I've learned a lot, and ended up feeling inspired and confident I can help the world be

By Mwesige C M

This course is so engaging, and very practical. You get a feeling that you are actually in a lecture theatre.

By Akshay R

May 14, 2020

It was pretty great, and somewhat easy....But, the concepts are really important to yourself and the world..!

By Juan J S

Mar 01, 2018

Believe me! This course totally worth. Thank you Jonathan Thomkin, University of Illinois and Coursera staff.

By Xavier F G A

Jul 01, 2020

Solid, comprehensive, and interesting course covering the basic concepts and sciences behind sustainability.

By Sanusi A

Very educational and enlightening. I recommend this course for anyone trying to venture into sustainability.

By Kaian L

May 15, 2018

I loved the course, I learn many things, the teachers are wonderful, and I glad coursera for this oportunity

By Shreeya G

Jul 08, 2020

It's really an amazing course! The concepts were explained in a very systematic manner. Highly recommended.

By Luis A A M

Jul 01, 2020

I realize the complexity of the area and get a realistic perspective. the content is excellent and concise

By Aw Z Y

The course was very well designed with interesting videos and meaningful peer reviews. Recommended to all.

By Hannah

Jun 12, 2017

For someone who wants to learn and study the environment this gave me an idea of what I would be learning.

By Salvador C M

Sep 27, 2016

It is a really good course, it covers all the sustainability pillars with great explanations and examples.

By Andrei V

Great course, it provides an extensive view and approach to sustainability. A great introduction, indeed!

By Jerome R

Jan 01, 2020

Great overview of all aspects of sustainability. Really enjoyed the course, great content and instructor.

By Iktiar A T

Jul 16, 2020

This is the most toughest one I have ever enrolled. Though, I didn't give up. Even, it seems fun to me.

By Kamlesh P

Jun 02, 2020

I learned a great about sustainability. It gave me new horizontals and verticals to think in this area.

By Km S

Jun 05, 2020

Teaching Of Professor Tomkin was much familiar and interesting. I enjoyed learning this course a lot.

By PUSHPENDRA S

Jun 01, 2020

Good course. I recommend this to all who wants to learn and improve their knowledge on sustainability.

By Dulat Y

One of the most interesting and useful course I have taken in my life! Professor Tompkins is the best!