Back to Introduction to Sustainability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Sustainability by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course introduces the academic approach of Sustainability and explores how today’s human societies can endure in the face of global change, ecosystem degradation and resource limitations. The course focuses on key knowledge areas of sustainability theory and practice, including population, ecosystems, global change, energy, agriculture, water, environmental economics and policy, ethics, and cultural history. This subject is of vital importance, seeking as it does to uncover the principles of the long-term welfare of all the peoples of the planet. As sustainability is a cross-disciplinary field of study, this foundation requires intellectual breadth: as I describe it in the class text, understanding our motivations requires the humanities, measuring the challenges of sustainability requires knowledge of the sciences (both natural and social), and building solutions requires technical insight into systems (such as provided by engineering, planning, and management)....

KF

Dec 19, 2016

It is a well prepared course. Contents are carefully organized and plenty of concepts and examples are included and analyzed. Overall, it is a excellent course to get an overview of sustainability.

JW

Nov 29, 2015

This was my first Coursera course, and I wasn't sure what to expect; but was very pleased with the organization, timescale things were run on, and overall neutrality of the course. Very well done!

26 - 50 of 198 Reviews for Introduction to Sustainability

By Himaghna B

Mar 26, 2017

Wonderful course. Opened me to sustainability ideas as well as current issues facing our world in a lucid and informative way. Highly recommended!

By Olivier C P

Feb 10, 2016

Great course given by U of Illinois about sustainability. Very complex concepts well explained by Dr Tomkin. Highly recomendable for all people involved in economic, energy, environment, food and nutrition ...

By Jack G

Dec 31, 2015

Excellent introduction to the basic concepts of sustainability

By Dr A A

Jan 02, 2017

Highly recommended for who wants to know multidisciplinary linkages of sustainability.

By Santiago A V

Apr 10, 2018

Very complete information about past, present and future of sustainability.

By Leandro B

Feb 02, 2016

O curso permite novas abordagens, bem como desenvolver novas visões sobre a sustentabilidade.

By Leseho S

Dec 23, 2015

I have learned a lot from this course. It is very informative and have strengthened my understanding of sustainability

By DANIELA M D S F

Sep 23, 2016

The group of subjects Studied During the course were very interesting to me, I was really glad to be able to complete and will state Certainly this course to others.

By Cecilia G

Oct 09, 2016

Creo que es un herramienta sumamente valiosa para cualquier individuo

By M.E. v L

Jun 12, 2017

Very well designed course with excellent material, well balanced in terms of amount of information, level of understanding, coherence in the course structure.

By Ana C R D O

May 29, 2017

The course is amazing! I've learned a lot, and ended up feeling inspired and confident I can help the world be

By Kylie P

Dec 15, 2017

I learned an incredible amount from this course. The pacing was fair and the assignments were useful for the content. It was slightly outdated but not terribly so. I'm very thankful to have purchased this certificate

By Egehan Y

May 31, 2018

Excellent course with a great professor. I have learnt a lot from it. It would be nice to have some more up to date sources, however.

By Hamed V

Feb 24, 2016

It was great! Especially, Prof, Tompkin is conveying the fact in a very tangible manner.

By Marcelo R d S B

Jan 28, 2016

Muito bem estruturado, professor com didática, conteúdo muito bem embasado com dados globais reais.

By Leyner J G Z

Jun 15, 2016

Muy interesante y educativo

By Karen L R P

May 12, 2017

Very good. I change my form of think.

By Mohammed A

Sep 06, 2017

One of my favorite courses so for, It was presented with details and good quizzes, I can say that I finished this course with more valuable knowledge and the most important: more curiosity to learn more about every aspect and field related to sustainability

By Hannah

Jun 12, 2017

For someone who wants to learn and study the environment this gave me an idea of what I would be learning.

By Alejandro S M

Aug 13, 2016

Great course, very interesting and explained in a very friendly and easy way. Thanks!

By Teeny H

Aug 03, 2016

Amazing, mind opening class!

By Luiz H P

Oct 06, 2016

Excelent course, very well structured, very well conducted by the teatcher. I learned very much new concepts that will be very usefull for me.

By Lalit J

Jul 02, 2018

The way course content was set and the way it was explained was very good and easy to understand.

By Alexandra W

Jun 09, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. It gives a great overview of the correlation of global actions and the consequenses for the worlwide sustainability path.

By Jose B

Jan 07, 2018

Great course worth every hour spent on it