Back to Introduction to Sustainability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Sustainability by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course introduces the academic approach of Sustainability and explores how today’s human societies can endure in the face of global change, ecosystem degradation and resource limitations. The course focuses on key knowledge areas of sustainability theory and practice, including population, ecosystems, global change, energy, agriculture, water, environmental economics and policy, ethics, and cultural history. This subject is of vital importance, seeking as it does to uncover the principles of the long-term welfare of all the peoples of the planet. As sustainability is a cross-disciplinary field of study, this foundation requires intellectual breadth: as I describe it in the class text, understanding our motivations requires the humanities, measuring the challenges of sustainability requires knowledge of the sciences (both natural and social), and building solutions requires technical insight into systems (such as provided by engineering, planning, and management)....

KF

Dec 19, 2016

It is a well prepared course. Contents are carefully organized and plenty of concepts and examples are included and analyzed. Overall, it is a excellent course to get an overview of sustainability.

JW

Nov 29, 2015

This was my first Coursera course, and I wasn't sure what to expect; but was very pleased with the organization, timescale things were run on, and overall neutrality of the course. Very well done!

51 - 75 of 198 Reviews for Introduction to Sustainability

By Ramanan S

Feb 07, 2016

Really awesome course! Especially the peer review assignments. They give an overall view of what are the problems being faced by everyone around the world! The course structure is really good and is optimal for learning. After the course, one really has a changed perspective towards the earth and you would be inspired with purpose! A purpose to work for the betterment of humankind!

By Dafne B C R

Feb 28, 2016

I loved it! I haven't finished yet, but it is very interesting and I'm learning a lot! He is such a great techer! It is not boring and neither the classes.

By Ibrahim a

Apr 17, 2018

it is really charming and interesting course

By Vishnu V R

Sep 01, 2016

Thanks for your efforts in making this course. I learned a lot about lot issues like population, climate change etc., In my opinion, it is essential course for anybody who cares about society and their well being.

By Richard H

May 25, 2016

Very satisfied with the course.

By Kinga M

Sep 25, 2015

This is a very detailed course. You need to bring some time 1 or 2 h a week are not enough. But it is very well structured and everything is very well explained.

By Alejandra G

Nov 07, 2017

Amazing. Every body should take this course.

By Himaghna B

Mar 26, 2017

Wonderful course. Opened me to sustainability ideas as well as current issues facing our world in a lucid and informative way. Highly recommended!

By Dr A A

Jan 02, 2017

Highly recommended for who wants to know multidisciplinary linkages of sustainability.

By Leseho S

Dec 23, 2015

I have learned a lot from this course. It is very informative and have strengthened my understanding of sustainability

By Guadalupe M

Mar 23, 2016

the five points.

I consider that this course is very usuful and importat. We can learn more about problems that are important for our environment

By Cédric B

Oct 05, 2015

Great material, very interesting courses, I would highly recommend this course to anyone!

By Olivier C P

Feb 10, 2016

Great course given by U of Illinois about sustainability. Very complex concepts well explained by Dr Tomkin. Highly recomendable for all people involved in economic, energy, environment, food and nutrition ...

By Jack G

Dec 31, 2015

Excellent introduction to the basic concepts of sustainability

By Santiago A V

Apr 10, 2018

Very complete information about past, present and future of sustainability.

By Leandro B

Feb 02, 2016

O curso permite novas abordagens, bem como desenvolver novas visões sobre a sustentabilidade.

By Czarina F C

Jan 23, 2017

Course design is well thought out. Definitely a good foundation course if you want to learn about sustainability.

By Laura M N

May 17, 2016

Me gusta mucho el curso, tienen un gran concepto, enseñan el contexto y ofrecen muy buenas referencias bibliográficas, me gustan mucho los exámenes porque más allá de preguntar conceptos, se evalúan análisis con base en lo explicado en las lecturas.

By Monica

Oct 26, 2015

I've been a supporter of environmental sustainability efforts for a long time, however, I lacked training/knowledge (as my undergraduate studies are in Business). Passion is great, but in the real world, you need skills to back up that passion. I am proud to say that can now engage in active conversations with people who are working in sustainability related fields! This is a very empowering course!

By Edwin M

Sep 02, 2017

Simply an outstanding introduction. Thank you

By Celso T G

Oct 20, 2015

Very interesting....I strongly recommend it.

By Gabriel S G

Jan 09, 2016

Superou minhas expectativas, abrangendo áreas que não imaginei que estudaria sobre a área.

By Esteban M

Mar 28, 2016

amazing

By Kaian L

May 15, 2018

I loved the course, I learn many things, the teachers are wonderful, and I glad coursera for this oportunity

By Brinda K

Aug 09, 2016

A great course with a great instructor!

Perfect for beginners - the course is simple and is laden with many relevant examples, which help you understand concepts easily.

The interactive assignments and homeworks are very interesting too!