Back to Introduction to Sustainability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Sustainability by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course introduces the academic approach of Sustainability and explores how today’s human societies can endure in the face of global change, ecosystem degradation and resource limitations. The course focuses on key knowledge areas of sustainability theory and practice, including population, ecosystems, global change, energy, agriculture, water, environmental economics and policy, ethics, and cultural history. This subject is of vital importance, seeking as it does to uncover the principles of the long-term welfare of all the peoples of the planet. As sustainability is a cross-disciplinary field of study, this foundation requires intellectual breadth: as I describe it in the class text, understanding our motivations requires the humanities, measuring the challenges of sustainability requires knowledge of the sciences (both natural and social), and building solutions requires technical insight into systems (such as provided by engineering, planning, and management)....

KF

Dec 19, 2016

It is a well prepared course. Contents are carefully organized and plenty of concepts and examples are included and analyzed. Overall, it is a excellent course to get an overview of sustainability.

JW

Nov 29, 2015

This was my first Coursera course, and I wasn't sure what to expect; but was very pleased with the organization, timescale things were run on, and overall neutrality of the course. Very well done!

76 - 100 of 198 Reviews for Introduction to Sustainability

By Jenny S

Mar 17, 2017

Lecturer Jonathan Tomkin was very clear on his delivery, The pace of the course is just nice and I like the references for additional readings. I would love to have at least one lecturer- graded assignment.

By Marcelo R d S B

Jan 28, 2016

Muito bem estruturado, professor com didática, conteúdo muito bem embasado com dados globais reais.

By Mohammed A

Sep 06, 2017

One of my favorite courses so for, It was presented with details and good quizzes, I can say that I finished this course with more valuable knowledge and the most important: more curiosity to learn more about every aspect and field related to sustainability

By Edgar E O P

Jan 06, 2016

I've learnt a lot thanks to this course

Oct 29, 2016

Ótimo curso

By Uduigwomen D

Mar 28, 2017

Introduction to Sustainability has given me greater insight on the world on a sustainable path. Whether we are approaching a J curve or S curve. This course broadens your knowledge and sharpens your mind to be a great thinker when it comes to sustainability. And i'm glad to partake and complete this course.

By Gautam A

Jul 21, 2017

Nice course...worth pursuing.

By Pradeep P

Apr 12, 2018

Thank you for the knowledge and an awesome course.

By IPSITA S

Sep 20, 2016

interesting

By Eric C

Mar 06, 2017

Great course, very insightful, we truly get the feeling we are covering all the basic concepts.

By Gonzalo G G

Mar 13, 2016

Great content! Very interesting course and well explained and organized. thanks!

By Brenda F V

Sep 18, 2016

I like hear this kind of topics

By Albert K

Jun 30, 2018

Introduction to Sustainability was enjoyably challenging and enlightening, many thanks to Professor Jonathan Thomkins and the production values of his teaching materiials. I thought however, he could have presented a fuller description of possible disaster scenarios.

By DANIELA M D S F

Sep 23, 2016

The group of subjects Studied During the course were very interesting to me, I was really glad to be able to complete and will state Certainly this course to others.

By Ana C R D O

May 29, 2017

The course is amazing! I've learned a lot, and ended up feeling inspired and confident I can help the world be

By Kylie P

Dec 15, 2017

I learned an incredible amount from this course. The pacing was fair and the assignments were useful for the content. It was slightly outdated but not terribly so. I'm very thankful to have purchased this certificate

By SOFÍA H M

Jun 23, 2016

A brillian insight to sustainability and all the elements around it.

By Philippe R

Aug 07, 2016

Very informative

By Sian P

Aug 10, 2017

Excellent informative course that is very well narrated by the course lecturer. Fact based and many interesting theories introduced - which provide great context to understanding the subject of sustainability. Really enjoyable!

By Roberto G B

Oct 30, 2017

very broad, but focus on important subjects as sustainability is a vast theme

By Sergio S C

Feb 16, 2018

muy bueno e interesante :)

By Alejandro S M

Aug 13, 2016

Great course, very interesting and explained in a very friendly and easy way. Thanks!

By Luiz H P

Oct 06, 2016

Excelent course, very well structured, very well conducted by the teatcher. I learned very much new concepts that will be very usefull for me.

By Teeny H

Aug 03, 2016

Amazing, mind opening class!

By Lalit J

Jul 02, 2018

The way course content was set and the way it was explained was very good and easy to understand.