Back to The Age of Sustainable Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Age of Sustainable Development by Columbia University

The Age of Sustainable Development" gives students an understanding of the key challenges and pathways to sustainable development - that is, economic development that is also socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable....

LG

May 19, 2017

This course was perfect for those wanting to explore the world of development, broad enough to include all interlinked themes, with sufficient reading materials to spark one's specializing interests.

KA

Jul 26, 2017

The course was very interesting and relevant but a lot of data is outdated, some links are not working or have been changed. I would advise to review the course according to the latest developments.

51 - 75 of 603 Reviews for The Age of Sustainable Development

By Marwa M A A E N

Nov 03, 2016

I reccommend it to anyone intrested in development

By Pramanshu R

Jul 15, 2017

Quite engaging course, with lot of facts and loads of data. Covers a vast range of topic related to sustainable development.

By Nancy W

Oct 29, 2017

Excellent course. Unfortunately, Coursera does little to maintain the material, leaving the Mentors to correct obsolete data for the quizzes. Professor Sachs has presented excellent material. It's up to Coursera to keep the material up to date when they are informed.

By shehab y

Apr 01, 2017

One of the most eye-opening and enjoyable courses I have ever taken! Thank you Professor Sachs, and best of luck in the U.N.

By Aspar K

Jan 22, 2017

The course gave me a broad perspective on global issues and methodologies towards Sustainable Development.

By William S W

Dec 02, 2016

Excellent information

By Josep J C

Feb 12, 2018

Thanks a lot! The best MOOC I have done in Coursera. Congratulations!!

By Vishnu A

Aug 15, 2015

A great way to understand the basics surrounding sustainable development. Accessible to all, but also insightful. Prof. Sachs does a brilliant job!

By Rodrigo B d S

Dec 14, 2016

Very enriching course. It is very important to know better the world we live in, it's challenges and possible solutions.

By Fernando G N

Jan 04, 2017

Amazing course, loved it!

By Ricardo V F

Mar 19, 2017

By far, one of the best courses I've taken at Coursera. It opened my eyes to the phenomena around us, and what the co-relation between all the factors in our lives amounts to the changes we've induced to the planet. It has made me rethink my own life, my work, and the urgency I have as volunteer member of a Disaster Risk Reduction to multiply this information to as much persons as I can. Dr. Sachs explains every detail and definition with such simplicity that it makes it possible for anybody to understand the severity of the challenges were faced at this moment in time.

By Richard J S

Oct 07, 2017

Outstanding, comprehensive introduction to the topic. Highly recommended for anyone getting started on the subject.

By Nicolas U

Jul 11, 2017

So logical! So freaking good!

By Farheen G

Sep 13, 2015

I love how Sachs has given a comprehensive overview of all aspects of development. I LOVE this course!

By Lisa M P

Aug 12, 2017

The material learned in this course is crucial to the survival of our species on our plane. It should be learned by all people, no matter what industry you work in.

By Zakiyya M

Dec 15, 2016

Gave me a different perspective of looking at things, some which are outside my normal environment.

By Anna K W

Jun 08, 2018

It was a walk through his book - but a well guided one, making me digest the book in way more detail than if I'd just read it. He is a pleasant speaker, too.

By Nepcosimo M G

Jun 08, 2016

Amazing lecturer. I love the materials presented too. Thank you.

By Jeavonna L C

Apr 13, 2017

Really enjoyed this course. Learned a great deal about ways to effectively make change locally and globally. Also learned a great deal about past failures. The readings were exptensive but outstanding.

By Pavlos I

Dec 11, 2015

Awesome course. One of the best here in Coursera.

By Juan P L V

Oct 08, 2015

excelent

By Rajesh K M

Feb 22, 2016

Best course I have ever taken on Coursera. Truly enlightning

By Rajiv S

Jul 06, 2017

A Marvelous Course for a technocrat like me. This course has inspired me to explore more on Development Economics. I thanks Prof for such a enlightening course and make us understand things like sustainable development in a world when each of us are only interested in their own development. This course should be made compulsory for all bureaucrats planned and politician in third world country. Thanks prof from my core of the heart.

By tomislav j

Jan 09, 2017

Cool and prestigious . GRATEFUL

By Anastas B

Oct 24, 2015

Great course! Very comprehensive and instrumental, highly recommended!