Back to The Age of Sustainable Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Age of Sustainable Development by Columbia University

The Age of Sustainable Development" gives students an understanding of the key challenges and pathways to sustainable development - that is, economic development that is also socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable....

LG
May 18, 2017

This course was perfect for those wanting to explore the world of development, broad enough to include all interlinked themes, with sufficient reading materials to spark one's specializing interests.

AA
Jun 1, 2020

Very informative and detailed. Prof. Sachs covers all aspects of sustainable development in detail. Though the course was designed in 2013 hence does not cover the latest development to SDGs to date.

126 - 150 of 845 Reviews for The Age of Sustainable Development

By Cynthia K

Sep 12, 2015

Professor Sachs is extremely knowledgeable, and explains everything in perfect detail. He is an excellent teacher. This class has opened up my mind and heart to the problems and solutions of sustainable development in the 21st century. Thank you Coursera for offering this extremely important educational opportunity.

By Julian D

Mar 20, 2017

Great survey course about sustainable development, covering all aspects including economics, health, urban development, energy, climate change, and many others. Only downside is that it leaves you somewhat depressed at the potential for humanity to pull itself out of what appears to be a speeding train to doom :-(

By OKOJI R U

Sep 11, 2017

Absolutely billiant, very informative. Highly recommended for everyone. It teaches you things you never knew and gives you indepth knowledge on sustainable development. Now I am confident to hold a conversation and even work effectively in this area. It is the perfect beginners course for sustainable development

By Roberto S

Oct 21, 2015

Amazing course in which you learn loads of things from social to environmental topics (even geographical knowledge). Professor Sachs is an enthusiastic one and you will learn in a fun and entertaining way. One of the best things to me is the websites you will visit during the course. So, enroll in it and enjoy!

By jurema p

Jun 20, 2017

Final Examination had many questions that did not relate with the contents that we saw in the Chapters, such as questions n.21, 22,23 and 24 please replace them !

I liked specially the Graphs and the Data Banks presented by organizations such as The World Bank. UN, WHO, FAO, etc.

Thanks and keep the good work !

By Kristina v C

Jan 9, 2016

It was very informative, one could discuss and compare the situation in different countries in politics.

The course was oriented to America and especially to New York, where the Professor is working, but it also gave me a very good overall look on the global situation.

Thank you very much for the great course!

By Ronald P

Mar 20, 2017

This is the best course I have ever taken. Professor Sachs did an amazing job in putting together such a great material for us. It covers every single aspect of Sustainable Development, going from in-depth historical background to potential challenges to be faced in the future. Words cannot describe how mu

By Xi C

Jan 21, 2018

Great introduction to sustainable development. Materials are easy to understand and engaging through the series of videos and quiz. Some links in the quiz are not working, but it's a minor point. Overall, I learnt a great deal & inspired me in my next job that has a focus on sustainable development.

By José M V

Apr 27, 2020

Espectacular el curso, muy buenos temas. Metodología simple, pero atractiva, que permitía estar concentrado por las preguntas que estaban en la mitad y los controles que en la mayoría de las preguntas eran de aplicación, que permitían buscar nuevas fuentes de información, útiles para usos futuros.

By Juan C L B

Oct 9, 2017

Excellent course, everyone must understand what is the issues in the plant and take a action for a better future to the our and next generations, is important to know what was the first and whats is happening now with our environment, our food and other goods than allow us to have a quality life.

By Issaka Y

Dec 7, 2016

a horrible perishing, SD MUST BE ACHIEVED! The knowledge gained out of this course is by far beyond "a mere awareness on SD". The course ought to be part of a curricula and further enriched to yield a degree, thus opening up more perspectives for life and career development. BIEN JOUE, PROFESSOR!

By Carmen D G N

Oct 17, 2018

This is a very complete course if you are interested to learn about Sustainable Development from the beginning. You will start understanding why the economy, society and environment, always joined to a good government of our countries; are the key to reach the balance of our civilization future.

By Dr. C S A Z G

Aug 30, 2019

I really enjoyed learning new topics, and then with the quality of tremendous teacher! For me, it was a challenge every exam, because it requires a lot of preparation; I received it from both the videos and the super demanding exams. This was an online course that is worth passing. Thank you!!!

By Gréta S

Sep 5, 2019

I loved the course!! The topics were diverse but still very related! It has helped me to understand sustainable development as a complex, multidimensional concept. I would like to emphasise the passion and knowledge dr. Sachs shows for the topic! He is a real role model for me professionally!

By Maria L O V

Jan 22, 2016

Very impressive course, the lectures and assignments are very well organized and are quite interesting.

It is very important topic for everybody in today's world.

I hope a lot of people are encouraged to take this course, so everybody can start contributing to changing our world for the better.

By Mihir S S

Oct 31, 2020

An in-depth understanding of sustainable development exceptionally taught by Mr. Sachs covering many dimensions on the topic. This course has certainly led a foundation or cultivate within me a basic understanding at the least on sustainability which will help me out with my Master's program

By Saleem A

Feb 16, 2018

this course is the most important study that i have dune in my life

it is really compelling every one in this planet must take this course

thank you JEFFRY D SACHS you are my hero, you are really the greatest economist in the 21 century.

why you haven't been the president of the USA yet !!

By Ellen S

Sep 29, 2017

I love the course very much because I gained a more well-rounded understanding about Sustainable Development rather than just being skeptical about why the world works this way or that way. Current problems are indeed complex, and this Prof. Jeff Sachs explained it thoroughly from A to Z.

By Matías V S

Apr 5, 2017

Curso interesante para conocer el marco económico, social y medioambiental global. Si bien es bastante general en los temas tratados, permite tener una visión sistemática de los hechos que han guiado al concepto de desarrollo sustentable y presenta ciertas directrices para poder lograrlo.

By Eryn B

Sep 4, 2020

Great course. Enjoyed the content and the professor was enjoyable to listen to. Only issue I encountered was outdated links in the quiz/ exam questions. Some of the links don't work at all any more, and some don't match the description of how to find the data the question is asking for.

By Moureen K

Mar 27, 2018

The beginning is not always easy but if you are committed to achieving your goals, you will do everything it takes to succeed. I am glad I didn't give up and was able to beat the deadline with victory. Thank you Professor Sachs for the great lectures. Thank you UNDP for sponsoring me.

By Kristin H

Aug 3, 2019

This was such a valuable course. Dr. Sachs presents a compelling case for sustainable development in a factual, compelling, and understandable way. I recommend this course to anyone who wants to better understand the complexities of sustainable development and how we can achieve it.

By Jorge I

Nov 20, 2015

Awesome course. Jeffrey Sachs' understanding and eloquence to decipher and explain the new challenges arising from the unprecedented occurring and upcoming changes is just ineffable.

Recommended to anyone wanting to know more about this new approaching era of sustainable development

By Sebastian T

Jul 9, 2020

Began the course to search for a source of hope. Instead I learned of the dire situation that we are in and the urgent need that we change our course of action NOW. As the professor mentioned, we have a path moving forward, now we need to get to work and change business as usual.

By Alessia C

Jun 11, 2020

The course itself is really really good, Professor Sachs is knowledgeable and makes every lesson interesting and easy to understand. However, I think the tests need improving, as many links are broken or outdated, I found that a bit frustrating. All in all, it's worth following.