Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS

Aug 02, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

AK

Dec 14, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

251 - 275 of 1,900 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Kaustav S

May 03, 2020

The instructors are really very knowledgeable and easy to understand their way of making us understand. The plus point is the Qwiklab is really very nice addition!

By Ed R

Jan 19, 2020

Amazing course, with great lecture videos that cover the essence of the subject without going overboard. Another amazing course that I'm honored to have completed!

By Leanne S

Mar 31, 2019

Definitely covers the importance and responsibilities of the System Administrator. I have developed a respect for people in this position after taking this course.

By Joseph B

Apr 10, 2018

Great class, gave great overview. At times it was a little overwhelming but wasnt too bad. I hope they can incorporate more hands on examples for future courses.

By Jason K

Oct 25, 2020

This has been an amazing course and learned a lot of new content. Staff is great and coursera has been amazing in time of trouble and support. Thank you all again

By Jason R M

May 05, 2020

Loved this course had a few hiccups with the Linux backup server but it worked out!!! Learned a lot of new information and finally got to go hands-on basically :)

By Ritik K

Apr 26, 2020

This Course help me a lot to understand the concept behind a Company IT infrastructure and how to Handel them. It also show me the necessity of IT is everywhere.

By Bruce T

May 01, 2018

This is the very important course. I hope that there are more practical approaches in the lecture, there must be more labs about how to manage Active Directory.

By Elvis S

Oct 06, 2020

Great instructor! Was actually able to do the final project without my notes and just gave my recommendations. Felt comfortable with my recommendations as well!

By Guillermina G

Jun 18, 2020

The course if pretty good on measuring your skills and it's a fast, yet efficient way to learn and to cover gaps you might experience when learning on your own.

By Douglas H

Aug 09, 2020

This course provides a thorough overview of the tasks and challenges that a Systems Administrator would encounter when dealing with IT Infrastructure Services.

By Ryan j p

Oct 18, 2019

Absolutely loved this course and how easy instructors are to follow and how well they explain everything. I am really excited to move forward and keep learning

By idowu d

Oct 05, 2019

This course is so relevant to my goal of becoming a world-class systems administrator. A big thanks go out to the team at Google for setting up this course.

By Seth O

I love this course. Although it took me longer to finish this one it is stocked full of great information that I have found super useful. Thank You Google!

By Chris J F

May 03, 2020

Tough course I'll say. A lot of important information to take in at first. The importance of the SYSadmin and infrastructure was found out here. Thank you.

By Mark G

Jul 24, 2019

Great course. Good for review and for filling the blanks for those with experience in IT. Would probably be a heavy class for someone with no experience.

By michael l

Sep 02, 2018

Another great course in the IT Support Certificate. The sections on Active Directory and Disaster Recovery and Planning were packed with great information.

By David T

Mar 24, 2018

Great wealth of information and breakdown of each section, but I would have preferred more practical, hands-on exercises and troubleshooting opportunities.

By Eva N O

Apr 26, 2019

Great course. Got the opportunity to see IT from the job of a SysAdmin. The instructor was superb and seemed patient enough to explain concepts in detail.

By Ibrahim J

Jul 27, 2020

Great!

This is worth my time and the knowledge I have gained so far has been awesome. Thanks to the entire for putting together such a wonderful tutorial.

By Richard A

Apr 06, 2020

I have loved this course. It was a bit challenging, especially the lab sessions. But I'm glad I made it through. Thank all who made this course possible.

By Matthew H

Jul 27, 2019

A ton of great information. however clearly the writing is not peer-reviewed as I got an immediate score :( I guess telling me it was made me try harder.

By Michael V

Dec 16, 2019

There is so much information on being a sysadmin and how much services there are in IT infrastructure! I think this course offer a peek into this world.

By David J S

Apr 17, 2019

Amazing Course, a lot of information that truly has made a difference in how prepared I feel for a role in the IT field. Thank you Google/Coursera !!!!!

By William S

Aug 09, 2018

This is a great course, especially the final project helps you think about the various concepts of system administration and IT infrastructure services.