Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

AK
Dec 13, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

2901 - 2925 of 3,048 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Jemuel B

Jan 8, 2021

The exercises they provided in this course NEEDS a lot of revision and editing as they are hard to follow and harder to execute. The topics in this course however are decent as they cover a lot of topics but they are not explained as thoroughly as the previous courses in this specialization.

By SYED A M

Dec 9, 2019

It was a good course.I wish they were real world example topic and I have learned new topic which I was not aware of but I was looking for in deep topic of Active directory and LDAP which was not covered. But overall the course was up to the mark. looking forward for another topic.

By Rusell D

Aug 11, 2019

The labs were a bit better in this course and didn't move as fast as the other course labs. It also didn't over focus on Linux. The videos are great and the instructors have all been fantastic. The only issue I have is the labs seem to move faster then the videos.

By Ronald P

May 13, 2019

not much in depth work on linux in this course, active directory is an expensive system on windows when you need to account for windows license and CALs. wish there was more on OpenLDAP (slapd) aside from installing it and then going yup its running... end session.

By Jeevan K P

Jun 30, 2020

Course was good but many labs like accessing active directory were not accesible.So learnt many things like backing up the data and successfully restoring the data and testing it was useful and to plan for recovery management and write a post-mortem report

By Edward K G

Jan 25, 2021

Good info, delivery needs work. I felt like on this course there were missing pieces that were removed. Somewhat confusing at times, and I have background in many of these topics. Also, presenter talked too fast, and sometimes wasn't easily understood.

By Ian M

Dec 7, 2020

Very informative and Im enjoying the class so far. However, the mentor in this class waves his hands around after every word he says and its really distracting and makes it harder for me to focus on the material. Other wise, its a good course.

By Guilherme B P

Feb 24, 2020

The course's content is good overall but the instructor's poor pronunciation makes it difficult to understand what's being said many times. Also, some of the lengthy explanations in the Active Directory's session could be better formatted.

By Sam F

Jan 22, 2021

I found the lecturer's voice very difficult to follow. He had intonations and would pause at points where it did not make grammatical sense. The subject matter is so interesting and he managed to make it boring. Just being honest, sorry.

By Javier P

Jun 26, 2020

Virtual exams still need to have better instructions and less confusing data laid out for the user when taking the Virtual Exams. I had to repeat twice because I did not understand the instructions for a couple of the Virtual exams.

By Dennis d B

Jun 3, 2018

Good overview and I liked the analysis assignment at the end. It lacked the practical exercises of the Operating System course where we could practice on the VMs. This would have definitely increased my rating for this course.

By Mohammad S

Mar 12, 2019

we didn't have enough labs and a couple of them didn't even work. we need to have a virtual server through coursera with full access to practice as much as we could, but we didn't have it so this is the reason I am not happy.

By Nick D

Aug 1, 2018

Some videos are to long to really grasp the material. Would rather have even more video at shorter paces with small quizzes in between to drive home some of the stuff that gets lost in the middle of a 15 minute video.

By J P

Jul 27, 2021

first 2 weeks were good , but last 3 weeks of course were like watching paint dry or sitting in professor class at college , some of material was not broken down enough , but was good material to learn

By Abhijeet R

Aug 24, 2020

The previous courses set the bar too high and this didn't match up to the expectation. Although I learnt a lot of things in this but there were few things missing in comparison to the previous courses.

By Henry V

Apr 9, 2021

Good info here (backups, incident management) but the Active Directory chapter was almost intolerable and would prove more interesting if you had to do it rather than watch 14 minute videos about it.

By Heather M

Jun 11, 2020

My biggest issue with this course are the labs in them. Thankfully they are not graded. Many of the linux labs did not work on my windows computers. This is why I am ranking the course lower.

By Ilias P

Mar 14, 2019

It's a great course! The only thing that isn't so good for me is the final project. You'll have to wait for someone (another student) to view and grade your project. And this takes some days!

By Rishi B

May 2, 2021

The instructor's explanation wasn't much understandable especially the Directory Services videos. That totally went over my head. I had to separately study that from other platforms.

By Kai Q E T

Sep 28, 2020

Quite difficult to follow. Videos cover a lot and the flow isn't clear, so it becomes just pure memorization. Usually, the Qwiklabs are useful but the ones in this course were awful.

By BBG

May 8, 2020

Not so clear explanation as previous course need to improve course content structure. Lab was not much useful as server restarts and disconnects while installing roles and features.

By Dean L

Aug 4, 2021

I could have used more hands on examples or labs to set up web, email, or directory servers and go through some troubleshooting. Maybe there's another course for that I didn't see

By Adam d R

May 28, 2018

Should be more hands on considering Google has all of those nice cloud computers. The instructor's accent was a little hard to follow at times, I needed captions for this one.

By Timothy W

Mar 6, 2018

It seemed unfinished in places, with far too much supplemental reading of Wikipedia. Did I really just finish a system administration course without creating users and groups?

By Benjamin A

Feb 5, 2021

Some labs didn't work as intended. Also, some videos where substantially longer than in the other series, making it more challenging to stay engaged with the material