Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

AK
Dec 13, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

2901 - 2925 of 3,060 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Ramon G V

Sep 29, 2020

I have to admit that this is being the most confusing course of all, Specially the Active Directory part. I have the feeling that it wasnt very good structure as the teacher was going back and forward with some concepts that it would have been easier to understand in certain order. As well some of the labs are at the beginning of the lesson before you have seen any concept about it, so it get confusing. But over all is a very good course and you learn quite a lot, and very satisfice with it.

By Chris G

Sep 13, 2020

I felt some of the labs didn't necessarily match the most important parts of the content, and it felt maybe rushed a bit as well. At times during this certificate, I feel it's possible to recognize the information we certainly will need and distinguish it from the information we might need to re-google later in case it comes up, but that was more difficult for the 4th course in particular. I understand what went on, but it would be difficult for me to replicate it from memory.

By Stephen P

Aug 11, 2021

L​earned a lot, but a lot of the testing was poorly designed. Some questions were so ambiguously worded that two functionally identical multiple choice questions with the same pool of answers had different "correct" answers (incremental backups vs differential backup, for one). The section on Active Directory was too long and detailed for an overview course, and we were expected to understand dozens of new tech terms immediately in context after they were mentioned.

By Micheal P

Aug 28, 2020

The course itself was full of useful information, and was helpful to my overall development. The material was presented in a way that made it more difficult of absorb, and s have a refocus of core concepts, with more attention paid to getting users ready for the labs, as well as providing more context before dropping them in live environments. As well as some audio issues and dated material, this course could use a touch up.

By Dale P

Mar 15, 2021

This was fairly enlightening, however I feel that even this was a bit much for entry level considering System Administration is not an entry level position in any organization. I really feel like this course should go along with the Automation course that was removed from the curriculum in its own certificate. On the other hand, it was a great opportunity for intense learning in a sink or swim type of situation.

By Robert G

Dec 24, 2020

I found this course helpful for the content. I think the supplemental reading should be google original content then the links given showing if you get stuck in the real world , here is the resource to solve the problem. Over all the videos can have more visual of important information. I did enjoy the course and I can be highly critical. If your new this gives a great overview of the System Admin Roles.

By Zohra G

Sep 6, 2020

The lectures were the clear and good explanation, the supplementary reading some of them helpful. The week 5 quize had technical issuse not all questions loading it weasted my times almost 2 weeks . I do not know why Qwicklabs assissments becames optional. I sturggling with operating system. Any way I tried my best to sucesfully finished the system adminstration-IT infrastucture services. THANKS

By Jeffrey W S

Jan 3, 2021

it was painful to see the lack of concern for spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors. I absorb much more through reading and to see this from a company that is supposed to be all about knowledge. Hire some humans to do some proofreading. There were also a lack of real-life scenarios from which to practice.

By Tai J N

Feb 22, 2021

This is too hard-cored for a beginner especially there are so many videos and assignments in this course. The subtitles need to be modified as it has lots of mistakes, as a student whose first language is not English, it's not that easy to understand the instructor without correct subtitles.

By Jemuel B

Jan 8, 2021

The exercises they provided in this course NEEDS a lot of revision and editing as they are hard to follow and harder to execute. The topics in this course however are decent as they cover a lot of topics but they are not explained as thoroughly as the previous courses in this specialization.

By SYED A M

Dec 9, 2019

It was a good course.I wish they were real world example topic and I have learned new topic which I was not aware of but I was looking for in deep topic of Active directory and LDAP which was not covered. But overall the course was up to the mark. looking forward for another topic.

By Rusell D

Aug 11, 2019

The labs were a bit better in this course and didn't move as fast as the other course labs. It also didn't over focus on Linux. The videos are great and the instructors have all been fantastic. The only issue I have is the labs seem to move faster then the videos.

By Ronald P

May 13, 2019

not much in depth work on linux in this course, active directory is an expensive system on windows when you need to account for windows license and CALs. wish there was more on OpenLDAP (slapd) aside from installing it and then going yup its running... end session.

By Jeevan K P

Jun 30, 2020

Course was good but many labs like accessing active directory were not accesible.So learnt many things like backing up the data and successfully restoring the data and testing it was useful and to plan for recovery management and write a post-mortem report

By Edward K G

Jan 25, 2021

Good info, delivery needs work. I felt like on this course there were missing pieces that were removed. Somewhat confusing at times, and I have background in many of these topics. Also, presenter talked too fast, and sometimes wasn't easily understood.

By Ian M

Dec 7, 2020

Very informative and Im enjoying the class so far. However, the mentor in this class waves his hands around after every word he says and its really distracting and makes it harder for me to focus on the material. Other wise, its a good course.

By Guilherme B P

Feb 24, 2020

The course's content is good overall but the instructor's poor pronunciation makes it difficult to understand what's being said many times. Also, some of the lengthy explanations in the Active Directory's session could be better formatted.

By Sam F

Jan 22, 2021

I found the lecturer's voice very difficult to follow. He had intonations and would pause at points where it did not make grammatical sense. The subject matter is so interesting and he managed to make it boring. Just being honest, sorry.

By Javier P

Jun 26, 2020

Virtual exams still need to have better instructions and less confusing data laid out for the user when taking the Virtual Exams. I had to repeat twice because I did not understand the instructions for a couple of the Virtual exams.

By Dennis d B

Jun 3, 2018

Good overview and I liked the analysis assignment at the end. It lacked the practical exercises of the Operating System course where we could practice on the VMs. This would have definitely increased my rating for this course.

By Mohammad S

Mar 12, 2019

we didn't have enough labs and a couple of them didn't even work. we need to have a virtual server through coursera with full access to practice as much as we could, but we didn't have it so this is the reason I am not happy.

By Nick D

Aug 1, 2018

Some videos are to long to really grasp the material. Would rather have even more video at shorter paces with small quizzes in between to drive home some of the stuff that gets lost in the middle of a 15 minute video.

By J P

Jul 27, 2021

first 2 weeks were good , but last 3 weeks of course were like watching paint dry or sitting in professor class at college , some of material was not broken down enough , but was good material to learn

By Abhijeet R

Aug 24, 2020

The previous courses set the bar too high and this didn't match up to the expectation. Although I learnt a lot of things in this but there were few things missing in comparison to the previous courses.

By Henry V

Apr 9, 2021

Good info here (backups, incident management) but the Active Directory chapter was almost intolerable and would prove more interesting if you had to do it rather than watch 14 minute videos about it.