Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS

Aug 02, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

OQ

Jan 16, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

176 - 200 of 1,908 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Edyta S

Jul 09, 2018

Informative module with well explained core tasks of Sysadmin. The teacher for this module well presented each lesson, and event though I found lessons about Active Directory difficult I liked the way it was presented.

By Naura E

This course was great as it was a much needed refresher, and it was very informative and fun! great job and thanks to all the instructors and Googlers who shared their valuable experiences, that was really inspiring.

By Joel W

Oct 10, 2020

It was a bit dense in Network Services in week 2, and some of the Qwiklab labs were a bit harder to follow. But all in all I like the Sys-Admin role as it is a eagle eye view of a company's IT operations. Thank you.

By Kyle M

Apr 05, 2018

Great Course. I would really prefer if the Instructors would delve into the instresting stuff, instead of "chec it out in the next supplemental reading"....gets old after a while.

Other than that - I am very pleased!

By Valentín R B

Oct 21, 2020

I really loved this particular course from the program. Thank you very much, this will be extremely useful not only as IT support wannabe, but also in any task were processes and development are involved, no doubt.

By Vineet J

Jul 11, 2020

I thank Devan Sri Tharan sir and Reliance for giving me the opportunity to learn from hi . He made the project in very interesting and easy to do manner. i learned new tech things here that I was not aware of .

By Antonio f

Aug 22, 2020

this is a must course for anyone stepping into IT job, hands-on labs, and clear understanding. some of the lab did not work for me due to technical issue on their side and technical support were unable to resolve

By Robert B

Jul 06, 2020

It was very fascinating learning about the intricacies and background infrastructure of system administration and I'm eager to test out what knowledge I've learned into helping others utilize their systems better.

By Farit C C

Oct 09, 2020

Thank you so much for the experience I loved it so much. Wow it was a really difficult experience because I did not know nothing about it. But I think I feel more confident about my knowledge and experience.

By Jason S

Apr 12, 2018

Great course. I really enjoyed learning about the skills required to keep an organization running from a technological perspective. I learned some valuable skills that will allow me to pursue this position.

By Albert T

Sep 29, 2020

This course includes a lot of server specified operation which most people have limited access to. Also explain a lot of server specified information, and pointers for where to get more info on. the topic.

By James C

Sep 23, 2020

This was a fantastic course. There is a lot of good information packed into it. Don't be nervous about the amount of work that it looks like. It was very straight forward and very easy to pay attention to.

By ABHISHEK K P

May 04, 2020

Really loved this course. Learned a lot about different types of servers, services, protocols, policies.

Most important thing i learned is how to set up, manage and maintain IT Infrastructure.Thanks GOOGLE.

By Sacha Z

May 02, 2020

Very interesting to see how systems are managed in the backend. You definively have to think around corners in some places. But the tools are very helpful to make things clear and work a little less hard.

By Aaron M H

Dec 27, 2019

An excellent course that provides a rigorous overview of the day and the life of a sysadmin and all of the many components a sysadmin must think about and rely on in maintaining the company infrastructure

By Rohit B

Feb 16, 2019

Thank you so much, Coursera team to introduce this program. I've learned a lot about IT world, how it works, it's functionality and how can one get start their career in it. Thank you so much, once again.

By EDIDIONG D N

Aug 02, 2020

This is an awesome course that has been able to broaden my knowledge base in I.T as a whole particularly in the area of active directory and the key responsibilities of an I.T administrator in a company.

By Mcvean S

Jun 24, 2020

A fascinating course that teaches you the basics of setting up and managing the IT infrastructure of an organization. The extra 1 star is for the instructor and his amazing pun-styled teaching approach!

By Jeremy B

Feb 10, 2019

It was good. A lot of information, but just the basics of each. IF everyone took each piece of information here and studied further, they would be System Administration "leaders". Good capstone course.

By Aaron H

Jul 15, 2018

Course was great and I learned a lot more about network systems! I look forward to putting this knowledge to use setting up a home network server in the near future and apply this to an IT career soon!

By AZEB T T

Nov 16, 2019

Videos are short and precise to the point.

Reading source materials are credible.

Practice exercises and quiz are effective.

Qwiklabs are just like real life work environment.

Thanks for Instructor!!!

By Donna A

Oct 20, 2020

This course is essential to becoming an IT Support Specialist or System Administrator. It prepares you with real situations and tools needed to manage the job. I'm so glad I took this course.

By GALEN D

Aug 18, 2020

As someone who is currently working as an independent IT specialist for small businesses I have found the course very educational and well done. I plan to continue with the courser experience.

By Abhijit C

Jun 12, 2020

I enjoyed to learn this course and quite interesting. Lecturer was appreciable. I would recommend to teach with some graphics in videos which will be more understandable and easy to remember.