Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

OQ
Jan 15, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

251 - 275 of 2,810 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By mcvean s

Jun 24, 2020

A fascinating course that teaches you the basics of setting up and managing the IT infrastructure of an organization. The extra 1 star is for the instructor and his amazing pun-styled teaching approach!

By Jeremy B

Feb 10, 2019

It was good. A lot of information, but just the basics of each. IF everyone took each piece of information here and studied further, they would be System Administration "leaders". Good capstone course.

By Aaron H

Jul 15, 2018

Course was great and I learned a lot more about network systems! I look forward to putting this knowledge to use setting up a home network server in the near future and apply this to an IT career soon!

By AZEB T T

Nov 15, 2019

Videos are short and precise to the point.

Reading source materials are credible.

Practice exercises and quiz are effective.

Qwiklabs are just like real life work environment.

Thanks for Instructor!!!

By Dmitrijs I

Feb 12, 2021

Very interesting course, because this course show System Administrator with different side - think and manage, working with documentation to make decisions. Thanks you are a brilliant team!!! :)

By Donna A

Oct 19, 2020

This course is essential to becoming an IT Support Specialist or System Administrator. It prepares you with real situations and tools needed to manage the job. I'm so glad I took this course.

By Ivan K O

Dec 9, 2020

this the hardest so far course of the IT Support Professional Certificate. Im very excited to take the last module. Hope to finish this up as my goal is to end this year with so much learning

By Galen D

Aug 18, 2020

As someone who is currently working as an independent IT specialist for small businesses I have found the course very educational and well done. I plan to continue with the courser experience.

By Abhijit C

Jun 12, 2020

I enjoyed to learn this course and quite interesting. Lecturer was appreciable. I would recommend to teach with some graphics in videos which will be more understandable and easy to remember.

By Phú Đ

Apr 13, 2020

This is an excellent course. I have no background on IT, but it seems like this course has just triggered my love on the field. Sincerely thank you for truly dedicated materials and teaching.

By Nigel V

Jun 13, 2021

This surely was something to study more on than all the other courses, but at least now I am familar with these terms if I go look in IT job descriptions or the exam objectives for CompTIA.

By JULIA U

Feb 16, 2021

I very much enjoyed this course, I recommend anyone who is a beginner and wants to get started in computers to take this course it was very helpful and I definitely learned numerous things.

By Michael C

Dec 31, 2020

Very very thankful to this course I've learnt a lot and I'm confident that I can use the knowledge I gained here in the actual environment in IT Company as IT Support Specialist. Thank you!

By Ricardo J V

Jul 24, 2020

Really simple and straightforward. Make sure to write as much notes possible because this is very important to understand. It may be difficult for some but it was a fun course to go through

By Alexander D

This is a very informative course. It gave me access to a lot of new information that I hadn't learned before. I feel more comfortable entering the IT field after going through this course.

By Maharramov O

Feb 20, 2020

Everything was interesting, and most importantly instructive, the administration of the system is very interesting if you skillfully know how to use all the necessary tools for this. thanks

By Stacey G

Dec 29, 2019

There was a LOT of material in this course. I really like this instructor as he presents so matter-of-factly and explains concepts well. I feel more comfortable in troubleshooting issues.

By Arun V

Aug 26, 2019

This course is an excellent refresher on Sys admin tasks on both Windows and Linux platforms. The labs are great, giving you near realistic experience . The instructor is bright and cogent.

By Christian R

Mar 5, 2019

Really good course but I wish you could teach on how to troubleshoot a DNS or DHCP server in Window environment also I would like to have learned how to install and configure a LDAP server.

By Diego J M A

Jun 1, 2021

It is an excellent course that provides knowledge given to usual scenarios in real life, concepts too important for the development of fundamental tasks in areas of information technology.

By V.SAKETH S - C

Sep 19, 2020

This course helps you to understand how systems are monitored in an organization. This course takes it from the root level. Once after you complete, you would have learnt a lot of things.

By Chidiebube O

Jul 30, 2020

This is a very Detailed, and Pragmatic Course on SYSADMIN Roles. I learnt a lot. The Tutor delivered the course and tutorials well. Thanks, Google and Coursera for a wonderful Curriculum.

By Harald M

Mar 16, 2021

I was surprised about the whole range of tasks involved managing a fleet of machines. The course was well taught including our main instructor Devan's regular encouragement and pro tips.

By Fernando M

Oct 4, 2020

Es un gran curso que ayuda a conocer como administrar los servicios de un servidor y como configurarlo para una mayor productividad en una pequeña empresa, que en un futuro pueda crecer.