Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

OQ
Jan 15, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

2901 - 2925 of 3,039 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Javier P

Jun 26, 2020

Virtual exams still need to have better instructions and less confusing data laid out for the user when taking the Virtual Exams. I had to repeat twice because I did not understand the instructions for a couple of the Virtual exams.

By Dennis d B

Jun 3, 2018

Good overview and I liked the analysis assignment at the end. It lacked the practical exercises of the Operating System course where we could practice on the VMs. This would have definitely increased my rating for this course.

By Mohammad S

Mar 12, 2019

we didn't have enough labs and a couple of them didn't even work. we need to have a virtual server through coursera with full access to practice as much as we could, but we didn't have it so this is the reason I am not happy.

By Nick D

Aug 1, 2018

Some videos are to long to really grasp the material. Would rather have even more video at shorter paces with small quizzes in between to drive home some of the stuff that gets lost in the middle of a 15 minute video.

By J P

Jul 27, 2021

first 2 weeks were good , but last 3 weeks of course were like watching paint dry or sitting in professor class at college , some of material was not broken down enough , but was good material to learn

By Abhijeet R

Aug 24, 2020

The previous courses set the bar too high and this didn't match up to the expectation. Although I learnt a lot of things in this but there were few things missing in comparison to the previous courses.

By Henry V

Apr 9, 2021

Good info here (backups, incident management) but the Active Directory chapter was almost intolerable and would prove more interesting if you had to do it rather than watch 14 minute videos about it.

By Heather M

Jun 11, 2020

My biggest issue with this course are the labs in them. Thankfully they are not graded. Many of the linux labs did not work on my windows computers. This is why I am ranking the course lower.

By Ilias P

Mar 14, 2019

It's a great course! The only thing that isn't so good for me is the final project. You'll have to wait for someone (another student) to view and grade your project. And this takes some days!

By Rishi B

May 2, 2021

The instructor's explanation wasn't much understandable especially the Directory Services videos. That totally went over my head. I had to separately study that from other platforms.

By Kai Q E T

Sep 28, 2020

Quite difficult to follow. Videos cover a lot and the flow isn't clear, so it becomes just pure memorization. Usually, the Qwiklabs are useful but the ones in this course were awful.

By BBG

May 8, 2020

Not so clear explanation as previous course need to improve course content structure. Lab was not much useful as server restarts and disconnects while installing roles and features.

By Dean L

Aug 4, 2021

I could have used more hands on examples or labs to set up web, email, or directory servers and go through some troubleshooting. Maybe there's another course for that I didn't see

By Adam d R

May 28, 2018

Should be more hands on considering Google has all of those nice cloud computers. The instructor's accent was a little hard to follow at times, I needed captions for this one.

By Timothy W

Mar 6, 2018

It seemed unfinished in places, with far too much supplemental reading of Wikipedia. Did I really just finish a system administration course without creating users and groups?

By Benjamin A

Feb 5, 2021

Some labs didn't work as intended. Also, some videos where substantially longer than in the other series, making it more challenging to stay engaged with the material

By Ivan A U

Sep 22, 2020

Too much information and very little practical experience. Even after doing the labs I felt very unprepared to handle any type of work managing IT networks

By Salah U D

Aug 15, 2020

A lot of theory to remember. I was overwhelmed by too much information. It would be nice if they focus more on practical teaching rather than theoretical.

By Gerardo A

Jul 10, 2020

This course has challenged me to think and do more readings to better understand the concepts in the IT Infrastructure services and system administration.

By Hubert J

Jun 27, 2020

It was tough for me so many new concepts and material to read and digest, but here I am looking at my Certifcate with a great sense of accomplishment

By Nick D

Great info and topics, however, there were not enough hands on opportunities to practice (the "optional" labs were all locked and not available). -.-

By Becca A

Sep 27, 2020

The teacher was hard to understand at points and mumbled. The subtitles did not accurately depict what was said many times throughout the course.

By Seth H

Feb 19, 2021

Lots of information and its presented well but using the labs is difficult when the third party Qwiklab doesn't work when you need to practice.

By Ryan L

Jan 3, 2021

The Teacher was great. Very clear speaker. Unfortunately many of the qwiklabs were either broken or explained in a way i couldn't understand.

By Zahid H K

Aug 21, 2020

course should have decrease supplementary reading and increase more practical base task.here some issue have been avoided in case of reading.