Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS

Aug 02, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

AK

Dec 14, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

101 - 125 of 1,479 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Amie D H

Apr 30, 2020

I enjoyed this class. At times it is a lot of technical information but it was one of the classes I was most excited about. This class definitely builds on all the previous clases, so if you are new to IT I would suggest starting from the beginning of the Program.

By Harol A C C

Mar 31, 2020

Muy buen curso con excelente material didáctico, adicionalmente considero que el esquema de evaluación permite que uno realmente estudie cada tema a conciencia, sin embargo pienso que deberían haber a lo largo del curso más evaluaciones del tipo del proyecto final.

By MD F S

Sep 28, 2018

Excellent course and lot of new and important things to learn about the important role system administrator play in an organisation. Thanks to the tutor as he is really excellent at explaining things and teaching quality or contents are just absolutely marvellous.

By Maria A A

Aug 16, 2018

It is a deep course of course, however I´ve learned a lot! I intend to study more because I think IT administration is a very intereting subject! I want to learn more in a practical way! Well, I think I could work as a trainee at any company! Thanks all team!

By Albert C U

Mar 15, 2020

This is a very highly drilling course; I highly recommend this course for anyone who wants to take a career in IT Support and System administration.

The Qwiklab demonstrations are like real life situations....

Cool Course.

Much thanks to Google and Coursera!!!

By ERIC A B

Nov 27, 2019

Great course, the lessons and video were very interactive and it gives you hands-on lab experience depicting real life scenarios. I have been able to acquire some skills in directory services, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol(LDAP) and Backup Systems.

By Rodrique R

Apr 12, 2020

There were a couple of questions that were worded wrong. One question asking for a backup solution for reliability...... And the answer was Raid array. In the course, Raid array was emphasized as not being a backup solution, but rather a data solution.

By Timothy W

Feb 24, 2019

The course took a very practical approach to the System Administration job and the sort of activities you can expect if you were in that position. I thought that the Supplemental Reading was very instructive and actually integral to the course overall.

By Yash P S

Mar 06, 2018

Very comprehensive course at this level for a beginner. Learned lot of things and started to see things in perspective of an IT organization. Section on Active Directory was center piece of the course.

Hats off to the course creators, Google & Coursera.

By Steven C

May 09, 2019

This course allowed me to really peek behind the curtain and see just how sysadmins maintain large scale networks for organizations. From servers to DNS, DCHP, and directory services, it was all very interesting information that made you want to learn.

By Sandalu A

Jun 10, 2020

This is good introductory course to learn basics of system administration.This course will teach lots of things if you are willing to learn.Do not take this course to for the sake of obtaining certificate.Obtaining certification is quite easy though.

By Olukayode A

Apr 14, 2020

Very verbose! pay close attention to important concepts. Unfortunately, most of the quick labs don't work. Thankfully, they are optional and failure to complete them does not impede the course progress. Besides all these issues, it's a great course.

By Albert J A

Apr 13, 2019

Impressive array of topics arranged to organize IT infrastructure into functional areas, with ideas for improving security, saving money, increasing functionality, and avoiding problems. Great hands on lab experiences. Challenging but fun. Thanks!

By Muhammed A

May 16, 2020

Thanks to the Coursera and Google team for giving me this wonderful opportunity . I am now certified System Administrator courtesy of the wonderful online team of Coursera and Google . The review of this course deserve more than 5 golden stars .

By Sébastien L

Jan 07, 2019

Great content, great instructor. I personally didn't enjoy some lengthy parts about Active Directory as I'm sure I won't be dealing much with those features of the Windows OS in my career, but the concepts are interesting and useful nonetheless.

By Filip J

Mar 20, 2018

This course was great. Everything learned was right in place but in the end I had a feeling that there should be covered more fields. But this course is huge and it is hard to expect that everything can be covered. Great job on this one Google.

By Jean P D

Nov 19, 2019

I really enjoyed this course it has brought a lot in my professional life and especially in the field that I am improving that is the informative. I say a big thank you to the instructor and for these very valuable explanations. Thank you...

By James F

Nov 10, 2019

There was some missing "Supplemental readings", but all in all, this was a good course. I found it more difficult than others as it touched base on items that i was not able to setup and work with during this course, like Active Directory.

By Teddy E

Sep 04, 2018

The final project helped me synthesize and reinforce my learning. As a Learning Consultant, I'd highly recommend that your team continue to use this type of learning project at the end of each module or the course.

Thanks a million!

Teddy

By shubham s

Jun 02, 2020

I had spend great and valuable time time , i had learn so many thing and skills from here and especially thanks a lot to DEVAN SRI-THARAN SIR.

You taught me very important and responsibility about sysadmin.

thank you so much coursera .

By Jafed E

Jul 06, 2019

By LaDwana P

Jul 19, 2018

This was by far the most informative and interesting course. I am struggling with retaining a lot of the info but I am determined to push through. I have learned so much and can not wait to have hands on opportunities in this field.

By Pavel M

Feb 01, 2018

It's a great course for those starting their career as system administrator or just want to know what exactly sysadmin's role is. It covers almost all common things system administrator do and describes sysadmin responsibilities.

By Jesus C

Dec 10, 2019

Learned how to establish and how to properly implement A proper IT Infrastructure along with the process and procedures that come with working as a System administrator. Wonderful Unit Loved the the part with Active Directory.

By Jacob R

Mar 09, 2020

Very insightful course - I feel like I learned a ton, and now have a better understanding of the behind-the-scenes action that takes place in the workplace from an IT perspective. Seems like sysadmins have a really cool job!