Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

AK
Dec 13, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

126 - 150 of 2,817 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Nishant K G

Apr 29, 2020

When I started this course I just had a basic knowledge about System Administration, but after completing this course I feel like I know about System Administration now, obviously, there's a lot to learn about, its a very vast field, but this course helped me build my foundations on System Administration.

Thanks, Coursera and Google!

By Andrew L

Dec 7, 2020

This course really digs deep into some high-level topics; the information is laid out clearly and is broken down into digestible chunks. The Qwiklabs portion of the course is a beneficial hands-on experience with simulated work environments. This is a wonderful course that will really help deepen your knowledge of IT infrastructure.

By Mario E

Feb 27, 2020

Curso muy interesante para saber el alcance de un administrador de sistemas y todas sus funciones, desde elegir el tipo de almacenamiento de ficheros, configurar el servidor de correo electrónico, mantener el directorio activo o ser capaz de generar las copias de seguridad y los métodos de recuperación de datos en caso de desastre.

By SOURAV D S

Oct 1, 2020

The instructor was so nice to learn. its our good opportunity to learn this course & heartiest thanks to the instructor for providing your valuable times. thank you

To learn about basic things of the course. This course helped me a lot.

Yeah, i love this course and the instructors also, without them we could not make it. Thank you

By Thomas M

Sep 16, 2020

This was the most theoretical course in this Professional Certificate, but beside a deep dive in services, I felt it brought everything from the previous courses together very nicely. Overall this is as good as it gets when it comes to online courses, just as well structured, informative and well delivered as the previous ones.

By Lloyd W

Jun 13, 2020

This was a great opportunity for me to learn about system Administration in two weeks. Since I am at home because of pandemic , it was a good time for me to learn a new skill, and brush up my old skills. Google System Administration course was a great course and I highly recommended to everyone at home because of pandemic.

By Brock A

May 7, 2019

So much content, it was difficult to dissect it all. However, the information was great, and I loved the labs that gave good hands on practice. I would have liked to learn how to set up servers from scratch, and to build an infrastructure from the ground up, but most of those pieces were certainly present in this course.

By Kevin L

Apr 15, 2021

This section definitely had some denser material going into Active Directory, but, I think it was presented in a way that made it seem less daunting. I am not sure if my career will take me into this type of deployment, but, I am prepared with a good foundation to continue learning if I choose to go that way! Thank you!

By glen j

Jan 20, 2021

My favorite course so far, the Final Exam is stressful, but so rewarding. It allowed me to be so creative in finding solutions to complex problems which will arise everyday, wherever you choose to work. Problems will always change so our solutions will need new creative approaches in order to adapt to newer technologies

By Joseph R G

Apr 20, 2019

The QwikLABS need better documentation in the screenshots. There is a lot of supplemental reading which makes this module the longest so far. It covered a great deal of material. Just keep pushing and you'll get through it. The labs were great once you figure out all the replications/nuances as you will learn a lot.

By Caleb M

Jun 23, 2020

A good balance of instruction and practical application, though the latter half of the course becomes a bit heavy on the instruction. Regardless, I feel I walked in to the course with a mostly ephemeral knowledge of the concepts therein and walked out with a knowledge I would now consider foundational. That's a win.

By Ahmed S

Oct 27, 2020

I really enjoyed the AD sections, I wish there was more hands-on exercises in this course. I think the value of having the VM environment (qwiklab or however you spell it) would have been a good way to teach the AD lessons. I think I have a hard time with hours of videos and then some quizzes. Where’s the hands-on?

By Brett B

May 24, 2018

This was one of the more challenging courses for me for whatever reason. I probably feel that way because the final assignment took me awhile. Everything was explained and presented in a way that was easy for me to understand. I really feel like a more confident I.T. Support Specialist where I work currently.

By Ratna M G

Oct 7, 2020

Very glad to have your companies certificate as system Administration and IT IS. it is my pleasure to learn new adventure and explore in IT field. Very much to Bhutan Government for providing as opportunist to learn and explore in IT field. and special thank goes to google team for providing as your course.

Jul 16, 2018

This was the toughest part so far. Early on I coasted on my knowledge, but this was all rather new and intimidating. Linux is the hardest part for me since I have never used it. I wish I had the time and money to invest in all of these technologies, but that's why we compartmentalize and specialize I suppose.

By Munira Z

Jul 15, 2020

Thanks a lot. Especially last video really encouraging ;) The course was quite challenging for a dummy like me but very useful. I hope with practice and revision everything will become even more clearer. Amazing lessons, perfect opportunities to try out what was learnt in qwikabs. So I strongly recommend it.

By Zhu W

Thank you google, I really enjoy the course. Although I felt sometime the teacher tend to explain things in very complex way. It might be better if he could use more metaphor to describe the problems. That could be more vividly and easier to understand. Overall this is an awesome course and I enjoy it a lot.

By Darren S

Jul 9, 2018

I really enjoy system administration. I had received my B.S. degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Management but I've always been a tech head. System administration is like a melding of both topics and this course allowed me to experience some of that and I appreciate that a lot. Thank you.

By Khalil N

Mar 1, 2021

It was my favorite course - I wanted to know what are the essential tips and strategies for a System Administrator and what actions and plans should be implementing to improve current system and the most amazing part was post-mortem and root cause report and future action plan. Thank you for great course.

By Edson Z

Jul 15, 2020

Really great course, it gave me really good insights on the role of System Administration, setting up data backup and recovery procedures in the work environment, design disaster recovery plans, implement them through labs, backing up local and remote machines, the content was really great and I love it.

By Aaron G

Nov 16, 2020

very good in depth course that helps you get an idea of what you will actually be seeing in your role as a it support specialist. also gives a good look into the work of a sysadmin and how you can easily translate all you have learned to do jobs that are more difficult and require more responsibility.

By Diana M

Sep 3, 2020

Quite tough but well worth it - I've just done lots of outside investigating and querying - meaning web resources - and that's exactly what I'll need to do in IT support anyway. I'm mostly over the idea that I'm only smart if I get it right away. My smarts come from persistence and my will to learn.

By Amarilnto P

Feb 7, 2021

Excellent course and time well spent. I'm on the front line, being the Desktop Support, but wanting to get into Sys Admin. This course was a huge help in helping me understand the roles and tasks that my colleagues perform and that I hope to do in the near future as well. Glad I found this course

By Vishnu V R

Jan 20, 2021

I am really very happy after a long time to be more confident on what I am working and this course gave me career boost to my way of troubleshooting and for technical knowldege .Thank you so much for having this course on coursera I will share this to my collegaues which might be helpful for them.

By Michael E

Jan 28, 2021

This course gave a good overview of the role of a Sys Admin and IT support specialist's work. I appreciated how well organized this huge amount of information was and I enjoyed the opportunity to practice in Qwiklabs which gave me more confidence to really have understood what I had been learning