Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

OQ
Jan 15, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

176 - 200 of 2,112 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Guru G

Oct 12, 2020

i enjoyed learning this but i am not good at reading thats why i not good at writing. i struggled lot writing Project Process Improvement Base on Scenario for three different company. but at the end i did it . hell ya. feels good. :)

By LaDwana P

Jul 19, 2018

This was by far the most informative and interesting course. I am struggling with retaining a lot of the info but I am determined to push through. I have learned so much and can not wait to have hands on opportunities in this field.

By Pavel M

Feb 1, 2018

It's a great course for those starting their career as system administrator or just want to know what exactly sysadmin's role is. It covers almost all common things system administrator do and describes sysadmin responsibilities.

By Vanessa R

Nov 16, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I really helped me with my current job and refreshed me on things. I am really learning much I've not learned with the schooling I've completed. It is very practical of things one will have to do.

By Jesus C

Dec 9, 2019

Learned how to establish and how to properly implement A proper IT Infrastructure along with the process and procedures that come with working as a System administrator. Wonderful Unit Loved the the part with Active Directory.

By Sharon S

Nov 28, 2020

Had no ideal that System Administration and IT Infrastructure services had so much information that need to be learned this was truly a challenge for me which I truly enjoyed even through it pushed me outside of comfort zone.

By Maxwell H

Aug 16, 2020

amazing information. I am happy with the course but still think that the ability to have a more hands on course meaning in person would be a much more deeper training. Thanks for this its amazing learning from this course.

By Jacob R

Mar 8, 2020

Very insightful course - I feel like I learned a ton, and now have a better understanding of the behind-the-scenes action that takes place in the workplace from an IT perspective. Seems like sysadmins have a really cool job!

By Sterling H

Jun 25, 2019

Wow I learned a lot about systems administration and IT infrastructure. It is challenging sometimes and some topics require additional studying but I do feel more confident about advancing a career in information technology.

By Diego G

Jun 18, 2020

Realmente muy buen curso. Hasta ahora es el que mas me gustó de toda la certificacion. Me parecio excelente todos los ejemplos de la vida cotidiana. Creo que eso es lo que mas suma en un curso de este estilo. Muchas gracias

By Richard D

Feb 7, 2020

The course coverd a big part of the IT support and knowledge in real life.

It helped me a lot to understand more and more how the IT infrastructure of a company works and how you can improve it! It was an amazing experience!

By Samiur R

Apr 25, 2018

Really great course. Instructor covered diverse topic that will help in the job. I really loved this program. I hope enthusiast future SysAdmin of the future would enroll this course and learn valuable knowledge. Thank you.

By Mustafa K

Jul 2, 2020

The course is practical, to the point, engaging especially the labs and excerises are very practical and challenging. i love the course. however a few more qwiklab practice challenges should have been added to the course.

Mar 29, 2020

What a great course! it reinforced some concepts i already knew and introduced me to technologies i have only heard about.

i recommend this course to anyone who wants to further their IT career!

Thanks Google and Coursera!

By Michael B

Aug 15, 2019

Excelling course covering a lot of fundamental skills of a sysadmin. The labs in this course give great hands-on experience and are very well thought out. The instructor does a great job of presenting the course content.

By Edyta S

Jul 9, 2018

Informative module with well explained core tasks of Sysadmin. The teacher for this module well presented each lesson, and event though I found lessons about Active Directory difficult I liked the way it was presented.

By Ramesh B J C

Nov 23, 2020

The level information pointers provided is amazing. I wish there were less Supplemental reading and more presentation and hands-on labs. Loved the Qwik Labs.

Devan is quite knowledgeable. Loved his presentation skills.

By Naura E

This course was great as it was a much needed refresher, and it was very informative and fun! great job and thanks to all the instructors and Googlers who shared their valuable experiences, that was really inspiring.

By Joel W

Oct 10, 2020

It was a bit dense in Network Services in week 2, and some of the Qwiklab labs were a bit harder to follow. But all in all I like the Sys-Admin role as it is a eagle eye view of a company's IT operations. Thank you.

By Kyle M

Apr 5, 2018

Great Course. I would really prefer if the Instructors would delve into the instresting stuff, instead of "chec it out in the next supplemental reading"....gets old after a while.

Other than that - I am very pleased!

By Valentín R B

Oct 21, 2020

I really loved this particular course from the program. Thank you very much, this will be extremely useful not only as IT support wannabe, but also in any task were processes and development are involved, no doubt.

By Vineet J

Jul 11, 2020

I thank Devan Sri Tharan sir and Reliance for giving me the opportunity to learn from hi . He made the project in very interesting and easy to do manner. i learned new tech things here that I was not aware of .

By Antonio f

Aug 22, 2020

this is a must course for anyone stepping into IT job, hands-on labs, and clear understanding. some of the lab did not work for me due to technical issue on their side and technical support were unable to resolve

By Robert B

Jul 5, 2020

It was very fascinating learning about the intricacies and background infrastructure of system administration and I'm eager to test out what knowledge I've learned into helping others utilize their systems better.