Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

DC

Feb 12, 2022

This is a course which I enjoyed. It gave a good insight of the learning methodologies which we have often heard of but not given due importance. Also, the brain facts is cool :) My 5/5 to this course

AP

Mar 7, 2022

Great and helped to do the course succesfully and it was intresting the process and the way the course is designed to meet the capability to understand anyone has a basic knowledge in AD,DNS and DHCP

3626 - 3650 of 3,723 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Sjir B

Apr 21, 2018

I found it a little to basic

By Bryan G

Apr 29, 2021

Active Directory isn't fun

By Srikanth B

Jun 5, 2020

very tough to understand .

By Rachael L D

Jun 9, 2019

The instructor was great.

By Paul L

Nov 6, 2020

it was kinda hard for me

By Dev B

May 5, 2022

maybe

By Kareem A

Jul 6, 2021

good

By Shashank T

Sep 20, 2018

fair

By Krešimir K

Aug 18, 2021

ok

By None Y

Jan 12, 2021

For the love of god, do not listen to these 5 star reviews. They are flat out lying to you.

I have never, in my life, thought that a company as big as google could make such a drastic joke of a class such as this. All the way up to course 3 literally every single answer is given to you in the graded assignments. You LITERALLY have to learn nothing until the END of the 3rd course.

You can not in any way expect people to understand or learn the material if you literally hold their hand most of the way through. Id expect this from a start up or less formal company but from Google? Words havent been invented.

Its saying something that Google needs to catch up in the IT world when theyre one of if not the biggest IT company on the planet.

Also google, almost nobody uses linux. Those who do have a deeper understanding of it then what you put in here. Theres no sense in teaching it.

By Valentin C

Jan 18, 2022

I don't know? Maybe I am just dumb but I feel this course (along with the others in the IT Support Cert) are not helping me much. I am a beginner but not so new to computers that any of these topics are foreign. I get the concepts but I just don't feel these courses are really hammering anything home. I feel these courses would be better suited if designed for practical use for beginners. I am not going to be asked to do half of what was talked about as a beginner. I don't need to know how to run an entire office by myself but it would have been nice to have more realistic use cases for actual beginners. The info is scattered and not that in depth but it seems like it tries to cover as much as possible in a short time. I would rather quality over quantity in education. I constantly find myself learning better from youtube videos.

By Tanner J T P

Apr 16, 2019

These were pretty cool courses that offer a lot of knowledge but the part where that talk about getting you information out to companies to help you start your career is fully true. They send you a survey that you select the companies you would like to share you information with out of they're selection, and that's it. There is no other follow up or anything as far as I've seen but I've been done with the program for workin on four months no with no other leads to helping me start my career. So it's great maybe to help boost a career you're already in but DO NOT TAKE THIS COURSE if you are using it to help START a career. Hope this helps some people out like me looking for a way into the industry.

By Sandra E

Sep 18, 2020

This course is a must for anyone that's already in the IT field and wants to learn about managing IT infrastructure at a company. But for a complete noob like myself, it was challenging. Since I don't have the proper equipment to test this out and get more hands-on practice. They did have some qwiklabs. But for some unfortunate reasons, they didn't work properly. I would follow the instructions to a T, but qwiklabs wouldn't recognize my work. And in other instances, I would get error messages. I'm sure the lovely people at Google would continue to improve the content of this course, but sadly it didn't work out well for me. But I passed.

By ian M

Apr 21, 2020

Debatable answers to questions. Labs were overly complicated for the topic being discussed. Content was generally good. Presentation and presenter were good. Not recommended for the novice. Glossed over some important topics and commands. Did not cover the nuances of system administration and typical issues that SA's have to deal with, like judgement calls and stress. Ticketing and best practices and simple conventions were left out.

Labs need to be redesigned to load sample applications that the SA can start, stop, modify and change. Instruction set should be loaded on the VM when the student logs in.

By Emma S

Jun 30, 2020

A fairly good course overall with plenty of information. However, I got stuck working on the final assignment for over a year because I struggle with essay-style assignments. And the first time I submitted the assignment, it was a peer reviewed grade and whoever graded it failed me and I got demotivated for several months. I wasted A LOT of money on this course because I couldn't bring myself to work on it for so long. (It should be noted that I know I have an undiagnosed learning disability that is the cause of my woes, but I still hated being stuck on one assignment for over a year.)

By Barorome

Nov 12, 2021

Not entertaining nor interesting, i dont want to see the face of a person in the video, i want to see graphics of what he´s talking about, there´s not even a slight backround music, just blank sounds, makes it boring and difficult to concentrate, they bombard you with difficult words and way too much information to understand in a short period of time. Its surprises me that this course was made by Google, to be honest, i´ve seen better tutorials on Youtube. Even so, this course helped me a bit to understand how computers work, but thats it, the rest i learned from Youtube