Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

OQ

Jan 16, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

AK

Dec 14, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

876 - 900 of 1,135 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Atichat P

May 16, 2018

Good

By Woosung Y

Apr 18, 2018

Good

By Jdan K

Feb 03, 2020

Mar 13, 2018

S

By Sofiya G

May 02, 2020

This course is an essential course to be a System Administrator. It covers every essential topic, up to the Disaster Plans. Thank you for the course, I tried all the labs including Ungraded Labs. And everything, all the Labs, worked fine for me except for the last Lab. (The last error for my lab that prevented me from successfully finish backup was "Tar exited with error 512 () status”. Googled the problem and tried to add the "--ignore-failed-read" option, but it also didn’t work. And see I am just at the beginning of the way where are lots of things to study.

Already knew most of the course program, revised the themes about DHCP, DNS, Cloud services. But the section on the Active Directory was quite new for me, and I'm happy I studied it in this course as I gained more knowledge on Users, Groups, and Policies. I did IBM's course "Cybersecurity Compliance Framework and System Administration" parallel to this course, and both of the courses together provide a better vision and understanding of System Administration.

By Sarah L

Feb 05, 2019

This course was difficult for me to get through, mostly because of the dense material. However, by the end of the course, my peer reviewer reflected on how I was clearly an active professional in the industry...and I am actually a stay at home mom with no prior IT work experience. I worked in the film and theater industry before. So my recommendation would be, no matter how much of a slog this course is to get through, you will definitely walk away with a firm grasp of the concepts and language you will face in a real work environment.

By Lee T L

Feb 23, 2019

Highly recommended for people who hope to learn about the beauty of centralised management - using commercial or open-source solutions to lighten the IT person's workload, hardware lifecycle - teaching you to be a IT manager, back up solutions - safeguard your data and even coming up with a disaster recovery plan - know the drill when situation happens. Although the course is pretty intensive as it requires a whole lot of detailed reading, covering the keywords and making you understand the difference between one another.

By Christopher A

Aug 15, 2019

The course in itself is pretty great. I would recommend doing all of the optional labs. Peer-graded assignments on the other hand are terrible. I understand the concept, but many individuals do not grade by the rubric and grade harshly based on personal opinion. The grading scale is also skewed a bit to which receiving just "Average" ratings instead of "Above Average" will fail you for the assignment. The "Average" ratings should imply the standard passing requirements, not the failing ones.

By Roberto V B

Feb 26, 2019

Everything in this course is Great but I cant give it 5 stars because most of the Qwiklabs do not grade properly or do not work at all. I'm only thankful that they are not part of the grading process in this course and are only used for example purposes and visual/physical learning understanding.

The rest of the course content is in Depth and definitely more than enough to understand the basics and complexes of System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services.

By Gabriele G

Feb 15, 2019

The true Sysadmin-to-be course. From Platform services, through Web Servers and Database Servers management up till Cloud applications to IT infrastructure, Role based access control and Directory services this course shows you how to manage multiple clients in small-large organizations and master the IT infrastructure in every business. Maybe too detailed on Active Directory and not so much on Web Servers.

By Maximus B

Nov 23, 2018

Very good course, good job on the videos! I liked learning about all of these important subjects. One recommendation is that the audio in many of your videos (at least the microphone) seems to be going into one ear. It would be easier to concentrate if the audio was set to Mono rather than Stereo because of it being off-center. But I was still able to focus enough and learn the material. Thank you!

By Victor L

Nov 12, 2018

Lots of info was covered in this course. I almost feel like it could have been split up into two parts. Maybe that was just my experience but I felt that it was quite a lot to take in and understand. Along with that I feel that the previous course could have focused more on Powershell/Linux exercises since it was difficult for me to grasp the concept from the small amount that were in the course.

By Ethan W

Oct 31, 2019

A lot of this information was too big to be covered in such a short time. If I had to suggest an improvement, I would probably suggest making the lessons less specific and more general - in this way, there would be a lot less information to digest at once. In a few of the lessons, each sentence spoken was a new thought with new information given, making it hard to follow along with.

By vignesh r

Jul 01, 2018

Need some more detailed explanation on AD. Most of the sessions instructor suggesting too many items in supplemental reading. Also supplemental are too advance while studying. Need lab on active directory because previous courses can learn from home system but this one need server OS and need hands on experience like creating new user account, setup domain, applying group policies.

By Brent K

Jun 05, 2018

The course was overall good, but I had a problem with the final assignment. Nowhere in the instructions for the assignment could I find where it said you needed 5 process improvements for each. Only in the peer review rubric was that information present. I didn't pass the first time because I didn't bother with the peer review rubric until I started doing the peer reviews.

By Ian S

Jun 21, 2018

Lots of great information. I really wish there was more interactive assignments using Google compute engine. How can you discuss virtualization, and not require students to demonstrate it? The same could be said about most of the course topics. Overall, I would recommend the course for it's scope and organization of material. The instructor is engaging and easy to follow.