Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

OQ
Jan 15, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

1701 - 1725 of 2,078 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Nigel S K

Mar 12, 2018

while the information contained within is accurate and informative the inaccuracies in the transcript and lack of flow and enunciation made taking notes difficult especially with a topic that is as long winded and definition heavy and is as hard to depict using visual means.

By Lauren F

Mar 25, 2020

I felt the video lessons over 8 minutes were too long for both note-taking purposes and processing purposes. I had a hard time maintaining focus during this time and found the large chunks of data confusion. I wish it had been broken down further into small sections.

By Gregory D

Apr 24, 2019

The open ended written final assignment was better than a multiple choice test in my opinion. I just wish it had been graded by an actual instructor and not peer graded. I would have preferred to have gotten real feedback from someone that's an expert on the material.

By Wagner Z

Jun 1, 2018

Overall this course is great! It gives to you a wide spectrum about System Admin and Infrastructure Services, but at the end, in order to do the last assignment, I felt the course didn't prepare myself enough and instead of motivating you, it kind of discourages you.

By Justin T

Jun 1, 2018

A fair amount of information is covered, it is up to you to educate yourself more in this course than in the previous courses. This course assumes that you are the sole IT department employee for an entire company and so it covers material from that point of view.

By Jeremiah G J

Nov 25, 2018

The course was going at a good pace, I was easily able to keep working on it with not a lot of errors or mishaps, good knowledge overall, kind of bland though, not a lot of excitement to the learning style they use, but I can find my own excitement.

Well done!

By Festus M

May 4, 2020

It is great course. But more could have been done especially on the size of videos. The videos are too short. This requires to perform several downloads for later view. Other than that, it is a great course with concise videos which are straight to the point.

By Sai R A

Jul 15, 2020

Liked the course. It showed many practical duties of a system administrator and I was enjoying it while learning how to manage users and how we can restrict their access, and most important of all, we are responsible for the IT infrastructure of the company.

By Fred H

Jun 12, 2020

A lot of great stuff here, really well done for an online course. Only thing I would change is making sure that the labs function properly (for full credit), and perhaps reorganizing the chapters on active directory into multiple smaller sections.

By Danielle B

Jan 22, 2019

The course content itself wasn't bad at all, but the glitchiness of QL made this course much more tedious and frustrating that it should have been. Please, please, please reconsider your obsession with QL activities. Please. Please. Please.

By Binaya P

Jun 30, 2019

A very good course for student and working professional. It covers all the new technology and underneath basic concept. The labs are confusing, could have been better if they had an easy link for the lab after we logged in google cloud.

By Caleb N

May 7, 2020

Amazing content and a lot to learn from this course. The tutor was amazing and tried to explain while giving practical examples to every lesson. I believe this is a stepping stone towards becoming a competent Information Technologist

By James M

There was a lot of great stuff taught in this class but without access to active Directory it makes it difficult to follow along. It would have been nice if I could pull up qwiklabs and follow along making changes like in the video.

By Adaka I

Sep 10, 2020

Awesome course ... as is the others in the certificate. DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Active Directory, OpenLDAP, etc ...it has been an awesome time. A big shout-out to all the instructors and to Google for putting this together. THANK YOU!!

By Ian M

Aug 4, 2020

Awesome content! More examples and QWIK Labs that worked just a tab better, generally, would help. Still, this course rocked! Thank you! Instructor was great. Used his hands when lecturing, which helps a lot! Great presenter!

By Brad P

Mar 7, 2020

I thought it was a good course, but to get the most out of it you really need a second laptop with AD installed to work along side the instructor. I had a similar feeling in module three when we were learning Linux commands.

By Tellas P L

Jul 27, 2020

It was okay. I wish the videos were better scripted because I had a hard time paying attention and following the instructor. There was something very artificial in it which made it hard to get invested in the subject matter.

By Niranjani A

Great course.Great explanation by instructor Dev and awesome materials and examples.

Only feedback is that there was a bug in Week 2 -Quiz(networking) and took a lot of attempts to pass the quiz.Otherwise course was great.

By Alex S

Aug 22, 2020

It was difficult in some aspects. More so around the tests but as per usual taking notes and watching the videos tends to help. If you aren't sure what to do or where to go, get to Googling or rewatch the videos again.

By Joohong L

Apr 19, 2020

I think more of those optional labs helps immensely! I think the quizzes can be longer, and maybe even some sort of implementation of mini-quizzes after every video lecture just as a more frequent check on learning.

By Esteban C

Sep 16, 2020

A whole cache of information relating to the sysadmin and IT infrastructure that is both useful and very much needed for the type of environment that anyone looking to get into IT will no doubt make good use of.

By Silvio M F

Nov 2, 2020

Too many hours of video, could have been better distributed on hands on exercises instead of quizzes. AD sections and linux server adm were excellent but, like I said, less quizzes and more hands on please!

By Zachary E

Oct 6, 2019

Active Directory / Group Policy portion was deathly boring. I realize it isn't for everyone but beyond that it was a fairly well laid out course course that covered a wide variety of topics worth knowing.

By Chandan S

Nov 2, 2019

It's been an amazing experience, I learned many interesting and valuable things from this course like what's actually the role of IT administrator, how he/she can solve the problems. Thank you so much :)

By MD M T

Sep 15, 2020

Oops, this course was so far hard for me because I was never exposed to system administration and I have learned a lot of things through it.

Yes, I am excited for the last course to take of this program.