Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

AK
Dec 13, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

2051 - 2075 of 2,489 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Alex S

Aug 22, 2020

It was difficult in some aspects. More so around the tests but as per usual taking notes and watching the videos tends to help. If you aren't sure what to do or where to go, get to Googling or rewatch the videos again.

By I P S W

Mar 3, 2021

Good material for those who want to be sysadmins. For me, I gained new knowledge by completing this course. But because it is still under development, especially in practice at Qwiklab, I think I gave 4 stars first.

By Joohong L

Apr 19, 2020

I think more of those optional labs helps immensely! I think the quizzes can be longer, and maybe even some sort of implementation of mini-quizzes after every video lecture just as a more frequent check on learning.

By Esteban C

Sep 16, 2020

A whole cache of information relating to the sysadmin and IT infrastructure that is both useful and very much needed for the type of environment that anyone looking to get into IT will no doubt make good use of.

By Silvio M F

Nov 2, 2020

Too many hours of video, could have been better distributed on hands on exercises instead of quizzes. AD sections and linux server adm were excellent but, like I said, less quizzes and more hands on please!

By Zachary E

Oct 6, 2019

Active Directory / Group Policy portion was deathly boring. I realize it isn't for everyone but beyond that it was a fairly well laid out course course that covered a wide variety of topics worth knowing.

By Chandan S

Nov 2, 2019

It's been an amazing experience, I learned many interesting and valuable things from this course like what's actually the role of IT administrator, how he/she can solve the problems. Thank you so much :)

By MD M T

Sep 15, 2020

Oops, this course was so far hard for me because I was never exposed to system administration and I have learned a lot of things through it.

Yes, I am excited for the last course to take of this program.

By tymon t

Jan 15, 2019

Interesting course - I have learned a lot.

However I have noticed that many Supplemental reading was referring to solutions that are out dated - it would be useful to add latest software information.

By Rachel R R

Jun 4, 2018

It's harder for me to understand some things in this course because Active directly seems so abstract, I wish I could play around with it to fully grasp it. More visuals would be helpful as well

By Ian M

Sep 29, 2019

Well done, there were points that i had issues with but that is due to my learning style. However very well done, i can't wait to practice the new skills until i know them by rote. Thank a gain

By Pap I

Feb 11, 2021

Devan is a great teacher, but I think that short lessons aren't the best fit for him. Slightly longer lessons and more practical examples in the video lessons would make this course perfect.

By NKURIYINGOMA M J c

Dec 25, 2020

By Fahmim M S

Sep 24, 2020

I'm learning lots of things about system administration and IT Infrastructure Services in this course. although the quiz was a little bit difficult it helped me for better understanding.

By Steven D S

Mar 13, 2019

Excellent course. The only improvements I'd like to see are more difficult homework assignments and quizzes, and more hands-on homework. Otherwise, it's a great course, thanks so much!

By Robert M

Oct 14, 2020

This is probably the most difficult course in the series so far. It would really help the learner to have a couple of virtualized servers to work with while they listen to each lecture.

By Keith B

Jul 28, 2020

Great course overall. Just a few misspelled words in the written dialogue. But I truly learn and I have a better understanding with System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services.

By Jones, D L

Nov 29, 2019

I would like more hands on. More virtual machine. A better method of asking questions in the virtual machine labs. More time to work on theories learned in the videos would help.

By Julio F

Aug 7, 2018

Great course I just wish we had lab material on this one (dealing with active directory). It would have been amazing to actually get our hands on projects. Hopefully in the future!

By Adedeji A A

Jun 2, 2020

I must say it's really interesting and very explicit but the videos are not playing well mostly and it result to time wasting. Overall, the course is very informative and helpful

By Theo R

Feb 16, 2020

An overview of IT Infrastructure and sysadmin, not as good as the last courses but offers a good general idea of services and technologies used to make things work in any company

By Kurleigh L

May 21, 2018

This course cruises along as if it is going to be easy, then they hit you with 3-essay type questions that drops you right back into the college days "Finish your paper" ANXIETY!

By majd k

Jul 18, 2020

it was actually challenging and more confusing sometimes

i had a problem with the quizzes which i answered correctly under 10 minutes but it says time elapsed for some questions

By Tania L

Jan 25, 2021

Needs more hands on projects or quizzes. I prefer having scenarios such as using the Virtual machine to perform the solutions to these scenarios for more hands on practice.

By Izmilia P

Sep 1, 2020

Great, my feedback is I think this course need add qwiklabs practice to install software for many computers, so learners can solve the last submission without difficulties.