Back to Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Johns Hopkins University

We will introduce methods to perform systematic reviews and meta-analysis of clinical trials. We will cover how to formulate an answerable research question, define inclusion and exclusion criteria, search for the evidence, extract data, assess the risk of bias in clinical trials, and perform a meta-analysis. Upon successfully completing this course, participants will be able to: - Describe the steps in conducting a systematic review - Develop an answerable question using the “Participants Interventions Comparisons Outcomes” (PICO) framework - Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of clinical trials - Describe methods to critically assess the risk of bias of clinical trials - Describe and interpret the results of meta-analyses...

MJ
Jan 7, 2019

Although introductory, I do carry out reviews as a researcher. I Learned a lot to improve my systematic reviews through this course. High quality, though the music could be a little less intense.

PS
Aug 22, 2019

Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis course is a very good source for beginners which provides an overview on fundamental terminology and steps involved in the systematic review.

76 - 100 of 684 Reviews for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

By Selvi M D P

Well-rounded and excellent coverage of all the key aspects of systematic reviews as well as meta-analysis. The comprehensive coverage provide a very good broader view. The explanations were given very clearly and the examples helped in understanding each topic. Highly recommended course!

By Tarek N

Apr 8, 2016

i found this course a great intro to the concept of systematic review which is a special type of research that helps resolve conflicts in published studies, provide evidence for healthcare practices and policies and identify the the area in which research is lacking hence orienting it.

By Sreekanth M

Feb 13, 2019

An excellent platform for the budding researchers and especially for all postgraduate students .

I would strongly recommend this course for all those who are planning to perform a Systematic review.

Once again many thanks for coursera for giving us opportunity to learn SR and MA.

By Stacey K

Sep 30, 2017

Thank you very much for very concise yet comprehensive course. The choice of examples (papers) was excellent as I was interested in supplements and vitamins at the time of taking the course. IT's great how the authors managed to convey the information without bias. Thank you

By Rina R

Dec 3, 2019

Im on the 5th week currently and I have learnt a lot of information about Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis from this Course. Earlier I have always had confusions between the two and had difficulty trying to find the differences. This course has made things a lot easier.

By Irena I

Feb 11, 2017

Excellent teachers, great experience. Gained new knowledge thanks to a well paced set-up of the course and the effort of the professors from the Johns Hopkins University. Successfully published a meta-analysis after the course, in a peer reviewed journal on the SCI list.

By George K

Jan 20, 2021

This course is beginner friendly and information is presented in a clear and organized fashion. Assignments and quizzes were at the apprpriate level and a variety of resources were presented that allow you yo completed independent work in the future. Excellent course.

By Berhe H

Sep 15, 2020

Excellent lecture. I believe any person who attends this lecture would be able to conduct a systematic review and also would be able to pursue a carrier of his or her dream in clinical or public health research.

I am fortunate to attend this course.

By Abdulhadi J

Apr 27, 2020

The course is excellent introduction. I suggest adding 2 new sections in the future. One on generating the search protocol and softwares to extract the articles. The second on meta analysis softwares for beginners! Overall, the course is excellent. Highly recommended

By Gizem K

Mar 28, 2020

I find this course very informative with supportive examples, detailed information and great tutors. I am so happy that I spend time on learning about systematic review and meta-analysis and will continue to learn about it with additional reading materials!

By Pinky G

Dec 10, 2020

I would have wanted to know more about Tau 2 interpretation. Do we use Fixed Effect right away for all Meta Ana? If there is heterogeneity from the Q test, we move to Random effects. There is still heterogeneity test which is Tau 2. How is it interpreted?

By daniela a

Oct 16, 2017

Excelente course! The lectures were great very well explained and with accurate examples. I would have liked to see a little bit more of how to do a Meta-analysis in a software (like Stata for example) but as an Introducttion I would say it is perfect.

By Jasmina O

Oct 1, 2019

Clear for beginners! Now, I know what is on the plots in Meta-analysis papers. Although, I expected more practical knowledge, for actually "how to do Meta-analysis". This course stayed only on introduction level. How ever, I am very satisfied, indeed.

By Hildegard M

Aug 11, 2020

Thank you for a very engaging and comprehensive introduction. The lecturers have put in a lot of thought in the structure and content of the course and I have gained a much better understanding of systematic reviews and meta-analyses. THANK YOU!!!

By Alan K

Dec 11, 2016

Outstanding organization and mix of didactic pedagological techniques !

Highly recommended for all interested in improved their understanding of SR and MA critical appraisal of the literature as well as performing your own SR with or without a MA.

By Jacus N

May 3, 2020

I took this course right in the middle of conducting a systematic review. I was surprised that learning the ropes (through this online platform) while doing the hands-on (as part of my task as a researcher) made studying more exciting and fun.

By Raffaele B

Jul 5, 2016

It's a good course to have a first approach to meta-analysis, not for a deep comprehension or for acquisition of advanced techniques about meta-analysis data menagement. I hope you will organize an advanced course about this issues. Thank you!!

By Muneer M K

Oct 18, 2020

I had always look forward to do a course on systematic reviews and stumbled upon this one! I must say this is an excellent course and I would highly recommend for this course to people who are interested in systematic reviews and meta analysis

By Alexandra D

Nov 1, 2020

This course was an excellent introduction to SR and MA. I really enjoyed the structure, regular tests of learnt knowledge and references also really helpful for further reading. I now feel I have the tools to start my first systematic review

By Spyros C

Mar 8, 2021

Excellent course! It provided a thorough introduction enabling me to learn the most important steps when completing a systematic review. I also enjoyed the introduction of meta-analysis methods and the clear direction for subsequent study.

By Alkesh S

The course guides you very efficiently towards starting a systematic review. The material is quite efficient in making you understand the basics of designing a systematic review and further educates you to improve the quality of your work.

By Hilary T

Aug 9, 2020

This course is pitched at a decently challenging level for a short course. It provides a very comprehensive overview of a complex subject and I feel like I'm coming away with a very useful level of knowledge and practical skills.

By Lucia E G

Aug 23, 2018

I loved everything about this course! I learned a lot and I am proud to say that now I can critically read a systematic review and interpret meta-analysis results. I will definitely do another Johns Hopkins course in the future!

By Dr. T W

Dec 23, 2020

Thank you for introducing Systematic Review in such a simple manner. All the examples and the illustrations helped well. For beginners, this course if highly recommended. The certificate could have been little colorful.