Back to Introduction to TCP/IP

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to TCP/IP by Yonsei University

You use the Internet through your PC (Personal Computer), laptop, tablet, smartpad, and smartphone every day in everything you do. Through your own PC/laptop, you can easily learn everything about the Internet, and that is what this course is focused on. In this course ‘Introduction to TCP/IP,’ you will learn the operational functions of Internet technologies (which include IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, addressing, routing, domain names, etc.) and your PC/laptop's security and gateway Internet setup and basic principles. In addition, through a simple Wireshark experiment, you will see the TCP/IP packets and security systems in action that are serving your PC/laptop, that serves you....

GP

Mar 20, 2021

Very good class, not difficult, doesn't take long and doesn't require any background knowledge. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to learn more about how the Internet and their computers work.

EJ

Aug 23, 2021

Fantastic introductory course to the fundamentals in TCP/IP. Great course for those new to computer networks and would like to gain a high-level to intermediate overview of how the Internet works.

226 - 250 of 723 Reviews for Introduction to TCP/IP

By Igor S

Jun 30, 2020

Awful course, filled with senseless acronyms and very little useful explanation of the concepts. The Wireshark practical part, while potentially interesting, was very confused and very hasty. Save your time, do some other course.

By Harman S

Aug 9, 2020

Professor just read notes from the slides and did absolutely ZERO explanation. I wasted so much time just looking up explanations on YouTube. Great notes below par teaching!

By Gary P

Jul 26, 2022

Very informative! Opened up a whole new world to me (Wireshark). I did not realize the complexity and order that is involved with moving data from one device to another. Truly facinating and the instructor was excellent! Made the whole complex operation of TCP/IP seem like an effortless symphony of 1's & 0's. I really want to know more after having taken this online course. The toughest thing I had was setting aside the time to learn. After I work on this for a while I'm sure a habit will form and things will get more effortless. So don't let yourself get distracted and learn away. Great Course!

By Berfan H

Jun 24, 2022

I'm rebooting my career in IT after specializing in linguistics and working as a translator for 15 years. I've taken numerous courses about IT Support and I was beginning to think maybe I just wouldn't be able to understand networking. It turns out all I needed was a good teacher who knew what a learner would need to know to understand the subject completely. I will forever be in your debt, Prof. Jong-Moon Chung. I've written down everything you explained in this course and now I have a little notebook that I can always refer back to when I need it.

By Mohamed J

Dec 5, 2022

It was great experience for me to have this course because I have learned a lot as a professional network administrator thanks for your well organized and explained course. I am really proud of it because it's improved my knowledge of computer networking both academically and practically. I am also liked the professor's explanations the way he projected and how he architecture was amazing .

thanks once again Prof. Jong-Moon Chung.

By Jeremy S

Aug 10, 2021

Prof. Jong-Moon Chung gives a thorough explanation of the TCP/IP workings using examples and even delves into Cybersecurity. My favorite part is how the quizzes are laid out as a "pick the INCORRECT answer." To me, this gives the learner a quick refresher over the subject matter, while still testing their retention of the subject matter. I kinda wish more quizzes were like this.

By Umohibom E

Nov 19, 2022

This is an exceptionally thorough introductory course to TCP/IP. It's well thought out, presented, and documented. And it's absolutely free! Adding to this, the downloadable handouts and videos make it an excellent source of reference. So glad I found and took this course! Many kudos and thanks to the professor (and Coursera) for making it available!

By haochang z

Jul 16, 2022

This is the first course I completed in coursera, and I think it is an extremely good experience. As an introduction course, the professor successfully grabbing the key point and he explained things quite coherently. At least I am very fond of his teaching style. I hope each of you learning this course can gain a lot!

By Vaishnavi e

Jun 14, 2022

It was very interesting to know how the internet works and what are the protocols used, how the networks are secured by taking the preventive measures from the attackers. I recommend this course to the people who wants to have a basic knowledge on TCP/IP.

By Andrew C

Oct 12, 2022

This is an informative course about computer network. Although it may not be enough for us to master TCP/IP, it did provoke my interest and inspired me a lot. Also, Prof. Jong-Moon Chung is truly knowledgeable!

By Ahd

Aug 31, 2022

it was very helpful , i understand and relize every thing i was asking about , it was a simple and a powerful way to teach , THE TEACHER was very very good , i wish him long life and good helth .

By Jovani B

May 9, 2022

For a course that teaches the basic computer networking, I would say i'm impressed by the modules that this course has to offer. This course helped me to pursue my career on computer networks.

By Martin G

Jan 2, 2023

It was very interesting for me that the explanation are very good.

the material are explained very nice.

wish to have more advance level .

I will recommend it to my friends.

Many thanks to you.

By Gary C

Oct 24, 2022

Really clear explanation and visual guides to help you understand the various protocols. I really recommend this free lecture in helping you to build a fundamental understanding of TCP/IP

By Donald P

Sep 10, 2022

This was a very good Introduction to TCP/IP. I created a Google Doc for this course:

By Ngô T S

Jun 6, 2022

Easy to understand but I think It needs more detail

For example, the "TCP" in week 2 is too short for coverage TCP header functionality, week 5 is even shorter for wireshark

By Daniella R

Jun 23, 2022

El curso es bastante completo, muy explicativo. En mi caso particular no tenia una base y pude entender y practicar con la información brindada.

By Asif S

May 6, 2022

Very effective lecture and the course material was awesome. Must take the leverage to thank the resource person for his effort to this course

By Derek Z

Mar 31, 2022

I wish that this course was broken up into 2 or 3 separte courses, I felt to rushed and there is a TON of information that I wish to retain.

By MICHAEL A

Jul 27, 2022

I found it very helpful. Infact, the instructor was clear and moderate in teaching speed. He carried me along with instances.

By Christopher M

Sep 10, 2019

Very insightful and informative. The end project is slightly out of date but the information and application still applies

By Joseph E

May 10, 2022

This course is very good and helps to know exacly what happens at the background when we are connected to the internet

By Torched W

Jul 18, 2021

Excellent course for learning concepts on the Network+ exam. My knowledge of TCP/IP has been substantially broadened.

By MANI S A

Aug 2, 2022

Thanks to Coursera for the given me this opportunity.Great course to start as beginner and more knowledge to gain.

By Irfanullah B

May 14, 2022

This course is good beginner level, whose are interested in networking and IT/OT security.

Thanks professor sab.